• Welcome Guest

Forum Guidelines Bluelight Rules
    Fun 💃 Threads Overdosed? Click
    D R U G   C U L T U R E

Upper vs. Downer People

i'm definatly a downer kinda guy. too highstrung and speedy style while I'm sober why the fuck would I want anymore? gotta chillax some. I've definatly been asked a few times when sober if I was on speed. shit is funny... and kinda shitty.

i had a script of adderal once cuz I thought it would do something, and i'd take like 50mg and barely even notice it. then it would keep me awake all fucking night. shit sucked and I never went back to that doctor. hah.

like someon posted up a little ways, sometimes it's nice to get off into oblivion for a few hours. get to where ya can just sit and chill and not worry about anything. I dont' get along well with benzos or xanax though. makes my emotions all weird, and I get nastyyyyyy rage style action and anger. last time I took bars (with coke/soma/liquor/weed) I ended up punching a tree the next day. putting a few holes in my door. and getting in a fight with my brother (our first real punch in the face fight). and it was over STUPID shit I just felt really bad and mad.

opiates ruleeeeeeee though, although I'm not lookin to get addicted. waste of life. weed I can deal with addiction style.

I definatly notice the differences between my friends that are upper vs downer people. i also have a few who are right in the middle and deal with each just as much. i have fun watching people I know and figuring out what "kind" of peopel they are and picking out all the ocd/minibipolar/adhd tendencies they have.

i've also noticed that A LOT of my friends are the same kinda people (if that makes sense.) i mean obviously we are all really different, but we all seem to have the same shit goin on inside our brains. it's funny. this is basically true for any group of friends I have in any city, it's like people of the same ilk just kinda attract to eachother.

Variety is the spice of life. I like downers for listening and watching movies and rainy or cold days to lay there and take things in. I like uppers to get stuff down and study to understand better but more so to do the talking and make things or create and extrovert. Sunny days :)

I'll choose downers over uppers anyday, although I like some good, pure mdma or mda every now and then. When I do downers my choice is either oxycontin or a variety of benzos, sometimes mixed with psychedelics, sometimes not. Sometimes psychedelics alone :)

Without the ups and downs a roller coaster wouldn't be fun. I like to be up, down and/or just out of it depending on the situation and my mood.

I remember the other night not long ago on no tollerance I took a little Crown Royal, a little raspberry vodka, a little little wine, a Xanax, 3 Tranxine, and 4 cans of beer. I handled it very nicely which surprised me. Standing was odd but I remembered a lot and I didn't pass out or feel like I was going to. That was a night more about experimenting than uppers or downers though. I never really drink and I only do a benzo if I can't sleep from some other substance or I'll be up all night and a little of the next day.

Some people are just naturally wound up. Like i had one friend who was basically constantly in a hypomanic state (not bipolar), ie: sleeping 4-5 hours a night, hyper, overly talkative and whatnot. He would eat klonopins like tic tacs. I think they just evened him out a bit. And of course heroin was his drug of choice.

Then I have another friend who is more reserved and quiet, very intelligent and thoughtful, but very unmotivated. He prefers amphetamines and psychadelics.

I'm not included there cause I loved em all. Clean for over three months though.

psyches are the best,,,obviously...but for day to day living....downers....they get you by, and turn you into you chilled out mofo.

Originally posted by yepyepwoah
I've definatly been asked a few times when sober if I was on speed. shit is funny... and kinda shitty.

yeah that happened too mt a lot aswell....i think it's funny , why would it be shitty??

i use to be a upper man ,now i'm a downer kinda guy...i don't really enjoy uppers anymore exept eeeeee......

KemicalBurn said:
...a little from column A, a little from column B...

I refuse to pick one class of drugs over another. i love them all equally :)

Ive had a lot more experience with uppers than downers and have really enjoyed all drugs I have tried except pot (only useful to me to bring on E).

I dont like judgemental druggies and refuse to become one. "Uppers are ghey"? PFFT! Heh, anyone who thinks that should have been at the BL party last weekend.=D 8o 8o

I've never understood the absolute devotion of opiate users. They're like cigarettes: no matter how many times I do them, nothing ever "clicks" like coke / amphetamines / booze have clicked w/ me. Other downers, sure, but opiates have never been top-of-the-line for me. I had a phase where all I did was drink and eat xanax or valium.

I suppose it is a personality/chemistry thing. I've stayed away from meth because I know that I'd never handle it, and I'd be living in the ghetto using dirty needles in no time. I've done it, yes, and each time I did I lost about a week of my life, and I can't afford that anymore, unfortunately.

I gotta say uppers. I can work on them, I can drink on them, I can smoke a few bowls on them, whatever. Granted, dexedrine and OC is fun, but I have to be in the right mood (or extremely hung over) for painkillers.

uppers... i hate being inactive... i like being awake for days doing stuff then crashing out for a day and a half... ive stayed awake for upwards of 3 days and gone to work everyday...

When I had a lot of anxiety in my life I was overwhelmingly in favor of downers. Couldn't even stand uppers, as they'd magnify my stress.

Now that I'm at a healthier mindspace in life, I can definitely appreciate uppers much more.

slintstix said:
Awe, PsychedelicPixie was such a good name.

I demand that you change it back :p

I'm not really a downer or upper person. I'm more of a 'tripper' person.

As far as uppers and downers, I like both about the same I guess. Depends on the situation, environment, my mood, etc.

from my observation most people only proclaim psychedellics to be their DOCs for a few years, and then stop using htem. certainly people occasionally dabble here and there.

who hates uppers?
/raises hand

i had to break down and take a bump of dexamp this morning cuz i had some projects to work on in class and was only on 2 hours sleep + many beer bongs. i have a huge line sitting in front of my face, and the last thing i want is to feel speedy. anyone want it? totally free.

^^^ Yes they are=D=D=D
But not all of them, but most of them are lol.

Don fuck with a downerer, cause theyre cool;).