• Welcome Guest

Forum Guidelines Bluelight Rules
    Fun 💃 Threads Overdosed? Click
    D R U G   C U L T U R E

Upper vs. Downer People

Then again I have known some old speedfreaks...I haven't known any old junkies.

probably because they either OD & die or get clean.

nobody in their right mind will spend more than 30 years banging dope.

from what i've seen the avg junkie here has been on the needle for less than 10 years

I was on the needle for over ten years. I believe it is true, they either die or go clean. I went clean because I just got so fed up with the lifestyle. I crossed so many boundaries I had set for myself that I just could no longer live with who or what I had become. I used to be a man of my word (a man's word is his honor) to lying even when I didn't have to. I just couldn't be that guy anymore.

I was on the needle for over ten years. I believe it is true, they either die or go clean. I went clean because I just got so fed up with the lifestyle. I crossed so many boundaries I had set for myself that I just could no longer live with who or what I had become. I used to be a man of my word (a man's word is his honor) to lying even when I didn't have to. I just couldn't be that guy anymore.
Too true.

As for uppers or downers, this is where it's not one size fits all. I began using uppers when I was a young teen, and they used to calm me down. MDMA, speed, even coke until I started doing more than snorting it. When I did full agonist opiates they gave me crazy energy and I couldn't shut the fuck up.

My true self is somewhere in the middle.

Abused both, definitely not perfect here.

The difference is that coming off Ativan 3mg was my choice, whereas coming off of a stimulant was the furthest thing from a personal choice. I feel like for most people, the substance they have the hardest time coming off is the one that actually corrected their genetic abnormality the most. I certainly had a much harder time coming off of a stimulant than jumping off Ativan at 3mg.

Opiates are kind of weird, though. They can function as both stimulants and depressants, though are most correctly classified as depressants. For me, opiates really only became fun after becoming addicted to them, which was basically the same with alcohol. Stimulants were always fun, no matter what.

Tobacco also can function as a depressant and stimulant, especially smoked tobacco. Been down that road. Was able to kick it. My finances, health, self-esteem, and brain will thank me.

I just finished my 3 day adderall binge. I've never been a fan of stims but they were free so why not. I kinda hate the anxious whacked out feeling they give, but to each his own I suppose.

I like downers, particularly opiates. Benzos are too zombie like.

you know its funny i started obviously with weed and alcohol in my earlier years, around 13 to 14 years old, ( i know i started pretty young and definetly regret that). to anyone out there experimenting with alcohol or weed, do yourself a favor and stick to preferably weed and definetely pace yourself, as in only weekends or as little as possible to keep tolerance low and not slowly progress into different drug crowds which will inevitably end up graduating to harder drugs, that is if you have an addictive personality.
As far as uppers vs downers its a pretty funny thing. First "hard drug i ever experienced and loved was cocaine and adderall in that order. Quickly found a great source for some high quality cocaine (not pure) unless your a damn cartel member or someone extremely high up in the drug trade. Started slow for a few months and progressed to selling it to maintain a crazy 2 or 3 gram habit per day. (had a great job at a meat locker making upwards of 17 dollars an hour and working 50 hour work weeks. Even with that job i would easily blow through my paycheck within two or three days if i was lucky.
Once i was introduced to hydrocodone it was all over. I had finally found my true love. That lead me to the wonderful old oxy 80's which i began snorting then shooting after about 7 months. Then the inevitable happened. My buddy brought some interesting flakey tan to light brown stuff and said it was better than oxys. snorted a decent size line and puked my brains out for 4 hours. Said to myself i would never do that again, but as the days progressed i tried it again and again as i began to enjoy the high.
This quickly progressed to IV'ing the dope and my life took the quickest downward spiral ever. I was able to use and keep my job for about 3 years before my addiction grew so bad i could no longer hold a job and my tolerance was ridiculous.
I decided to get on methadone which worked great on a dose of 90 mgs a day, until the taper began after about the 5 year mark. I was tired to the BS clinic seen and being a slave to a for profit entity to only cared for my insurance money.. Tapered down to 8 fucking mgs and couldnt take it anymore because it obviously wasnt saturating my receptors and i began using again. Stopped going to the clinic and had a nice 11 month run and finally heard about suboxone.
I am finally clean from opiates but now my problem is that while the suboxone kills all my cravings and prevents me from getting high on opiates unless i buy a ridiculous amount, and even then the high isnt worth it and the rush sucks, but i found myself craving stims again. Now ive been on suboxone for about a year at 12mgs a day, (i know its probably too much) but works for me. Less is definetly more with buprenorphine.
I guess my rambling brings me to this. i love stims but i would choose a nice warm opiate high over a stim high anyday. just my shortened life story and opinion on the two polar opposite drugs.
I also think personality plays a huge part in the preference for downers vs uppers. I also forgot to add that i absoloutly love benzodiazepines especially diazepam (my fav), xanax a close second, clonazepam, lorazepam and triazolam as my final favorite. I find triazolam extremely potent but way to short acting.

definetly agree with the benzos being too zombie like but as ive always had anxiety issues they just make me feel normal and happy lol. kinda weird. Benzos effect people in so many different ways. Ive seen kids take half a bar and sleep for 14 hours and others take the same omount and be like wtf, it feels like i drank a beer.
With benzos people need to find the right one that works for them. But as far as abuse goes, the withdrawal i had from xanax made my 4 year heroin kick look like a walk in the park. Benzo addiction is no joke. I wouldnt wish it on my worst enemy.

When I was younger, like my freshman-junior year of HS, I always liked uppers more. Probably because I had no responsibilities so it didn't matter if I stayed up till 4 in the morning yacking my ass off until I was final able t unwind for a maximum of 3 hours of sleep before heading to school. I also loved them when I was partying, helped me stay awake while I drank.

Anymore I pretty much hate being wired. I haven't done any uppers for months, and I have no desire to. My heart lies with Kratom and psychedelics. I'm not too big on benzos, most of the time they just make me feel drunk, and I drink enough as it is anyway.

I love both honestly, I've smoked crack on and off for 8 years now, I've smoked meth a few times and done Adderall, Vyvanse, Ritalin, Concerta and mdma, also sniffed a lot of cocaine. I love uppers and the euphoria I feel off them, but I love opiates and downers as well. I usually do opiates and or benzos to comedown off the uppers

For me, it's about what I lack. I'm an upper person, 100%. I like downers, I even like mixing uppers and downers more, but at my core I love my stims. But stimulants "fix" so many of my "problems." Like, I'm chronically tired and low energy, low motivation, anhedonic, awkward in social situations, usually cannot think of things to talk about even. Not that I don't want to, there's just nothing there no matter how hard I try. They help me focus, they allow me to have fun, etc.

I'm naturally low, so the upper appeals to me because it balances me out and in high doses can even push me over into the other side. And experiencing something like that when you're so typically low is a form of high in itself imo.

Like I said, I like downers, they're fun, but they don't do that for me. They aren't the missing piece. I could take them or leave them no problem.

I like downers although I know that they are ALL bed news.

Seconal, Heminevrin, chlormezanone, methaqualone, dozens of different benzos, various alcohols, propofol, ether, Z-drugs, bromides many, many opioids and just about ANYTHING that would allow me to switch off for a few hours.

Never got to try echlorvynol or glutethamide (not QUITE old enough & not in the US)

Sure, I've also tried just about every upper BUT only once or twice each. I do NOT need to be any more awake.

FYI when you come round having suffered a grand mal seizure you feel relaxed and sleepy. MOST of the grand mals were triggered through lack of sleep. My record is 12 days. Now officially you DIE after 11 days but I've also read of micro-sleeps and so I can only presume I DID have some of those.

I've even ASKED for ECT (which causes a grand mal) and was refused, I PRESUME requests for ECT are not common - so consider just how BAD I felt at the time.

The downers I've done are Xanax, Klonopin, Valium, Ativan, Temazepam, Butalbital, and Ambien. The opiates I've done are Heroin, Fentanyl, Morphine, Oxycodone, Hydrocodone, Codeine, Darvocet, Kratom, and Tramadol. I love downers but uppers are more in my taste