• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Opioids Ultimate Poppy Pod/Seed Tea Mega Merged Thread III

Status
Not open for further replies.
In my short experience with Poppy Seed Tea I've had the opportunity to try atleast 10 different store bought brands as well as some bulk food store packages.

A lot of people on the forum seem to think that plant material in the bottle guarantees good seeds. WRONG.:p That really means nothing as I've seen bottles of McCormicks with plant material in it. The biggest factor in knowing whether or not you have good seeds in front of you is... COLOR. The good seeds even have a specific smell to them.

If you have light blue seeds, some even off-white.. they're garbage. Good seeds(In my experience) have all been very dark navy blue. Often you can see groups of seeds stuck together as well. If they have plant material in them thats just a bonus. I have a list of brands that have worked for me 100% of the time and ones that do not work. Unfortunately I cannot speak of this on the forums. Any other questions.. PM me.

Oh and could someone please link me a list of ways to prep PST. I've stuck with the standard way. 2L Bottle + Cold water. Shake, sit and Pour. I feel at times I'm wasting product and could be getting more out of the seeds. ANYONE?:)

This has been my experience as well. Darker, navy blue seeds with a strong earthy smell always seems to have some latex coating on them. The more commonly available light blue seeds with a mild peppery smell are very well washed and useless.

AS for making the tea, I think your current way of using 2l soda bottle is the most convenient and still very effective method. I use it myself on the occasion I decide to go for the seeds. You can always do a second wash, which yields significantly less alkaloids than the first one. Maybe 20% of the original wash. Third wash is already useless.

Thats what I was thinking enzymex. I just wanted to be sure I wasn't wasting product as.. Poppy Seeds that can be used to make tea are becoming harder and harder to come across in the city I live in. Stores just don't keep them stocked at the rate I'm using them. Not to mention thousands of other people who buy them for whatever.

Since I am new here, I guess it won't let me sent PM's yet but just wanted to say thank you to Bojangles, I think I will wait to order pods. Please keep us informed if the supply gets any better.
Thanks again, I was ready to place an order!

Do you have a high tolerance? I have been more than happy with mine lately. I am a light user though, but even now 4-5 pods is enough to set me up pretty well.

OPsFORME by OP i meant 30roxi30, haha sorry for the confusion. Sounds like we're in the same boat though. I'm also on subs and don't attend meetings or anything. I see you just started the subs, good luck i hope they help!

i wish i could afford to get on subs right now but since i just moved to a new state i lost my health insurance and im completely broke and i just finished up the last of the pills i had about 12 hours ago.. im fucked :/

subs are weird with me.. everytime i take them i go in precipitated withdraw even when i wait 20 hours but only feel like shit for about half hour ... i didnt even know what precipitated withdraw was till i found out the hard way when i tried shooting one after about 12 hours after my last use of oxy..that was the worst thing i think i ever did.. i was sweating bullet, puking and shiting my brains out within 30 seconds after shooting it..

If you were able to find pods of reasonable quality/potency I see no reason why you couldn't use them to taper with. It can't hurt, I mean the withdrawals should at least be relieved somewhat even if it they're not strong enough to completely stop the withdrawals.

Poppy pods of unknown species

Ok, I want to make some pods into tea, but I am unsure that these pods are somniferum. They look similar, but I know that there are other papaver species that look pretty similar. My question is simply if I have any reason to not just make a tea and find out this way if they are the correct kind. Thanks for all help... I couldn't find any relevant information by searching.

Bump... I keep searching, and to the best I can tell, the only thing I should be concerned over is the pods containing predominately thebaine and not the alkaloids I am more interested in. So, worst case scenario, I get a tea that contains limited or no sought after alkaloids... Is this a correct interpretation?

Worst case scenario, if they are indeed a papaver species is that you'll get very very little sedation and maybe some constipation. If they're tasmanians you could be looking at that. I don't think they'll hurt you. Just take a few wait 1-2hrs and up it from there.

^Thanks, that's what I was thinking. I'm just trying to make sure, since the presence of the desired alkaloids varied so greatly between species that there weren't other alkaloids that would be present in much larger numbers in certain species. It seems like it would be a question that gets asked pretty often, but I haven't seen it mentioned anywhere...

Citric Acid in Poppy Tea

Ok, so I have read millions of different recipes for making poppy pod tea, and it seems to be the general consensus that adding citric acid to the tea helps increase the potency.

My question is this: is it possible to use TOO MUCH citric acid in your tea? normally I use approximately 5-6 table spoons (I use a lot because it improves the taste of the tea significantly). I know there is probably an optimal PH level, but I don't want to bother with going out and buying PH strips for what probably wont even increase the potency very much. What do you guys think is a good amount of lemon juice to put in one dose (for me one dose is about 10 xtra lg pods in 3 cups of water?

Got my pods yesterday and i started out with 4 pods I put them in a blender and ground them up weighed them up and they were 12mg I heated up a cup and a half of water emptied my pod powder into a bottle added the hot water shook it up and let it sit for 20 min then I strained it threw cheese cloth into a large mug added a lemon and chugged it and only felt my eyes get a little low. Im going to try with 8-10 pods and see what happens the place I got them from said they were Papaver somniferum but I'm starting to wonder.

Same effect as the last time maybe ill up it to 15 pods Ive had better results from the seeds i was using.

Poppy pod tea without a heat source?

I'm pretty sure this is in the right place, if not please place it wherever it would be more at home.

Anyways, I have limited access to a heat source (in a dorm), would I be able to still extract any respectable amount of "good stuff" (whatever is desirable in poppy pods) by simply grinding the pods into a fine powder and immersing it in cooler water that I attempted to make more acidic to compensate for the lower temperature and stirring for a longer period?

If the extraction would honestly be way worse, i'm sure someone has a microwave, but it would save me a lot of work if I could still do it this way.

Opiates are very soluble in water. So this extraction works perfectly well regular in cold water. You don't need something acidic.

However, I will warn you that poppy pods was the most insidious addictive substance I have ever used.

The convenience of being able to order the pods online and the ease of use (you can drink the tea anywhere) and long effects led to a serious bad habit. A year after quitting I still think about them every day.

You would do well to throw away whatever pods you have and never get hooked.

But to answer your question cold water works fine.

also you can just eat the powdered pods and itll be even more effective than tea. try hitting up poppies.org

Status
Not open for further replies.