• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Opioids Ultimate Poppy Pod/Seed Tea Mega Merged Thread III

Status
Not open for further replies.
My guess would be because a lot of people would gag on any left over little chunks and it's a shit load of fibre so you are asking for extreme constipation?

Why WOULDN'T you make tea with the pods... the opiates aren't actually apart of the plant, makes more sense to steep them out and drink a nice liquid then some thick nasty pod shake...

Ofcourse you won't get allll the alkaloids this way, but eating that much fiber + opaite constipation = giving birth to babies once a week.

IME, the extra fiber actually helped with the constipation. And if you dump your finely ground powder into more juice, you can barely tell you're downing grounds. The main advantages are getting more out of your pods, reducing the work/mess involved, and for me, less constipation. Of course, YMMV. I found the brewed T to be SO disgusting, even with some lemon, ginger and sugar. For now though, I'm glad to be off the bastards and am looking forward to getting off the kratom I'm using to cope right now also.

Eating grounds does help you shit when you have a major tea habit. Though when I was deep in my habit I found I prefered tea. It hit faster, tasted better (I never minded the tea taste). Plus, I almost choked hella times from grounds.

Update for me! I'm not almost 2 weeks free of pods!!!!! Just using a little kratom here and there to cope, but tapering that now too. AND I quit the drinking I was doing to deal with the insanity of sleepless, twitchy, RLS at night. I'm SOBER....mostly. Except the kratom and the modest dose of benzos I'm on from my doctor, which I don't abuse and haven't increased in years. WOOT!

Hello, very new to this site (first post actually) and very very new to poppy pod tea.. I have not tried it as of yet. Ok for some back ground info: I wouldnt consider my self an active opioid user - drug user yes.. but i like uppers, like coke, x, speed even adderall.. i do use percocet/oxies only to bring me down after being "supersonic".. this is more for my husband.. who is a moderate opioid pill user. His preference is mainly percocet and roxycodone.. but will use oxies when they are affordable. Basically his tolerance is about 100-150mgs a day. .. Anywho.. i am quite tired of the lack of cash i seem to have in my wallet.. pills around me are pretty pricey ... so after some research i decided to cultivate my own poppy garden "for aesthetic purposes" well really for tea making but as far as everyone else is concerned .. its illegal to harvest the "sap" .. but my only intention is to pick the plants.. not slice or score them to "juice" them.. so i think as far as legality goes i will be fine with a back yard flower garden.. as it is legal to grow p. somniferum poppies in your garden here... they are just starting to sprout up.. I went with a little diversity, planting some Afghan Whites, Drama Queens, Danish Flags and Gigantums. So my questions are as follow:

1) How long does the high of 1 poppy tea dose last? - i have been reading anywhere between 12 - 18 hours on 1 dose.. is this true?

2) Did i choose right in my garden variety?

3) Will the high obtained from the poppy tea be sufficient to compare to a pill high? Will daily dosing prevent him from getting "pill sick" if he is no longer taking the pills, but supplementing with the tea?

4) Storage - I should not have a problem spring through fall with a ready supply.. but during the winter months i plan on harvesting all that is left of my poppies and storing them through the winter until spring comes and they start growing again. What i need to know is do the dried poppy pods lose potency the longer they are left in storage? like if i pick and dry in October and plan to use them in February.. will i still be able to make potent poppy tea? Or is there a time limit to use the pods, stems and seeds before the potency diminishes?

5) Which is best to use.. the pods alone? or a combo between pods and stems? or pods, stems and seeds?

6) Is it ok to use pods that havent dried all the way? is it better to use greener pods to get more of the latex "sap" juice in the tea?

Thank you in advance for all feedback it is much appreciated!

Last edited:
First off, if your in the US poppies, pods, stems and extracts or tea are just as illegal as opium or morphine. It's just that most cops don't know what it looks like, though that could change with all the Afghanistan vets. Plus there are many other papaver species and hybrids that are legal. And some major stores still sell papaver somniferum seeds. It's tolerated or a low priority like san pedro, mimosa bark, or morning glory seeds, maybe a bit more serious. If you think you can get away with it, I highly recommend you milk the pods. The taste of opium alone is worth it.
1)4-6 hours, with residual effects for up to 10 hours afterward
2)Seems like you got good strains, particularly the Gigantums and Afghans whites
3)It's a morphine high, but more stimulating
4)If dried, which takes forever if harvested still wet, it can last a long time
5)pods are the strongest, stems have less but not insignificant potency, seed are very weak. I'd save the seeds to plant.
6)the pharmaceutical industry waits till the pods die and dry naturally for the morphine to build up, but you can harvest them fresh if you're impatient or think the rain will wash out the dry pods.Pods are still potent after milking.

Hello, very new to this site (first post actually) and very very new to poppy pod tea.. I have not tried it as of yet. Ok for some back ground info: I wouldnt consider my self an active opioid user - drug user yes.. but i like uppers, like coke, x, speed even adderall.. i do use percocet/oxies only to bring me down after being "supersonic".. this is more for my husband.. who is a moderate opioid pill user. His preference is mainly percocet and roxycodone.. but will use oxies when they are affordable. Basically his tolerance is about 100-150mgs a day. .. Anywho.. i am quite tired of the lack of cash i seem to have in my wallet.. pills around me are pretty pricey ... so after some research i decided to cultivate my own poppy garden "for aesthetic purposes" well really for tea making but as far as everyone else is concerned .. its illegal to harvest the "sap" .. but my only intention is to pick the plants.. not slice or score them to "juice" them.. so i think as far as legality goes i will be fine with a back yard flower garden.. as it is legal to grow p. somniferum poppies in your garden here... they are just starting to sprout up.. I went with a little diversity, planting some Afghan Whites, Drama Queens, Danish Flags and Gigantums. So my questions are as follow:

1) How long does the high of 1 poppy tea dose last? - i have been reading anywhere between 12 - 18 hours on 1 dose.. is this true?

2) Did i choose right in my garden variety?

3) Will the high obtained from the poppy tea be sufficient to compare to a pill high? Will daily dosing prevent him from getting "pill sick" if he is no longer taking the pills, but supplementing with the tea?

4) Storage - I should not have a problem spring through fall with a ready supply.. but during the winter months i plan on harvesting all that is left of my poppies and storing them through the winter until spring comes and they start growing again. What i need to know is do the dried poppy pods lose potency the longer they are left in storage? like if i pick and dry in October and plan to use them in February.. will i still be able to make potent poppy tea? Or is there a time limit to use the pods, stems and seeds before the potency diminishes?

5) Which is best to use.. the pods alone? or a combo between pods and stems? or pods, stems and seeds?

6) Is it ok to use pods that havent dried all the way? is it better to use greener pods to get more of the latex "sap" juice in the tea?

Thank you in advance for all feedback it is much appreciated!

Be careful! Even if you're following BL guidelines, law enforcement monitors these sites. Hopefully you set up an anonymous email that this account is linked to? They probably wouldn't bother with you since you're just growing for yourself. But you can't be too careful. This post was pretty self-incriminating. Just a caution to you, 1st time poster.

Best,
pnm

What is the best website to order poppy pods from in terms of quality and cost, also I've found a website that sells fresh poppy pods but they are out for the year. Does anyone know of a website that still have fresh ones for sell.

Welcome to blue light! No one will answer these questions, or at least, no one should. Sourcing is not allowed. You can talk about your pods all day, but sources/sites/vendors, no. You might find someone willing to PM you that info, IF they have it.

I just quit pods after a bad addiction. It was awful. So there's a caution for you.

And as far as I know, right now there is very little available anywhere. Probably nothing available until late in the summer after they've had time to dry the spring harvest. Some vendors will sell fresh pods as they come to maturity, but that's hit and miss.

My advice is don't start. If you do though, you'll have to wait probably until later in the summer. But be careful, you might wind up next year in jam, hooked, and all the vendors dry. That sucks, trust me.

good luck,
pnm

p.s. read your greenlighter's guide :)

What is the best website to order poppy pods from in terms of quality and cost, also I've found a website that sells fresh poppy pods but they are out for the year. Does anyone know of a website that still have fresh ones for sell.

Welcome to blue light! No one will answer these questions, or at least, no one should. Sourcing is not allowed. You can talk about your pods all day, but sources/sites/vendors, no. You might find someone willing to PM you that info, IF they have it.

I just quit pods after a bad addiction. It was awful. So there's a caution for you.

And as far as I know, right now there is very little available anywhere. Probably nothing available until late in the summer after they've had time to dry the spring harvest. Some vendors will sell fresh pods as they come to maturity, but that's hit and miss.

My advice is don't start. If you do though, you'll have to wait probably until later in the summer. But be careful, you might wind up next year in jam, hooked, and all the vendors dry. That sucks, trust me.

good luck,
pnm

p.s. read your greenlighter's guide :)

I've been on opiates for 15 years now thanks to my doctor, and I've been decorating with poppy pods for about 5 years, thanks for the caution, but I've got this under control. Just think of your medicine as food or water, you don't eat until your sick or drink water until you puke, well do the same with your medicine. The key is moderation. I'm just trying to see if there are some other decorative poppy pod websites that I could try. If anyone knows of some please send them to me in a private message.

^ Good to know you're experienced, so I worry about you less. You seem to have it under control. I thought I did for a long time, but, alas, I'm an addict trying to recover now. almost 3 weeks now no pods!

Anyway, the only one I trusted that's still online is out right now. I think they're all out. If a vendor says they have some, it's very likely a rip off. Maybe someone here does know who's still selling. But I don't wanna know!

peace,
pnm

Just having my first go at poppy seed tea/seed wash method. Used 1 litre of water for about 600 grams of seeds in a 2litre bottle, shaked a bit then squeezed the liquid out. I must be doing something wrong because so far the water coming out is pretty weak, only a slightly beigey/ light yellow brown colour, (like that cloudy 'real lemonade' stuff) ? Is this normal or does this mean there isnt much alkaloids on the seeds ? Dont know why this should be happening as the seeds are straight out of the pods that i broke up myself....?

Even tried doing a Ray Mears/Bear Grylls on the seeds, by putting the wet ones into a tea towel and trying to squeeze the liquid out - still weak.

The drink actually tastes very nice though....

Last edited:
Color isn't always a good indicator of seed potency, although usually very bright and transparent brews aren't too strong.
The best batch of my favorite brand of seed had something around this color and very cloudy:

cienkopis-stabilo-point-88-niebieski.jpg

And the taste shouldn't be nice - the more bitter is the taste, the better.

Can someone PM me a link to a legitamite, well used vendor? I'm having a really hard time putting my CC info into a site that no one has mentioned. Also, I've been researching on bluelight for years, but am newly registered. Soooo..... Hi fellow Bluelighters! %)

I am so excited. i recently purchased Papaver somniferum seeds online and am anxiously waiting to start propagation. i have been on opiate pain meds for degenerative disk disease for about ten years now. i am quite tolerant. i can take about 6 norco 10/325 and still be completely functioning.. just a bit happier.
i want to avoid withdrawals when i am short on pain meds an i am hoping the home made poppy tea will help with this.
i was also recently switched from morphine 15 mg 2X a day= really taking about times a day.. to opama er. no idea what this stuff is but i took some today and it was like motrin with a kick.
i got so much to figure out..
:)

I am so excited. i recently purchased Papaver somniferum seeds online and am anxiously waiting to start propagation. i have been on opiate pain meds for degenerative disk disease for about ten years now. i am quite tolerant. i can take about 6 norco 10/325 and still be completely functioning.. just a bit happier.
i want to avoid withdrawals when i am short on pain meds an i am hoping the home made poppy tea will help with this.
i was also recently switched from morphine 15 mg 2X a day= really taking about times a day.. to opama er. no idea what this stuff is but i took some today and it was like motrin with a kick.
i got so much to figure out..
:)

What you need is a nice clear plan. If you switch to the pods at least you won't be eating 1000s of mg of APAP every day. Whatever you do, I think you should try to get consistent so you don't get tempted to off the deep end.

Poppy tea, if made properly should eliminate all withdrawals b/c an opiate is an opiate. If you make enough tea, or better, grind it up and eat the grounds (mix with juice) you can probably switch over. Warning though, the WDs are worse because you get addicted to the host of alkaloids in there. As always, start low and titrate. You never know how strong pods are. They could be bunk, or they could knock you ought...or worse. Be safe. If you want advice on pod safety ask here or PM me.

Status
Not open for further replies.