• SPORTS
    AND
    GAMING
  • Sports & Gaming Moderators: ghostfreak

Ultimate Fighting Championship (UFC)

Best card of the year? Sanchez Melendez was one of the greatest fights I've ever seen.

Korean Zombie and Joe Lauzon come to mind when I think of favourite fighters. Nick Diaz is up there too.

Tough to name just a top 3.......my favs are Bones Jones, Hendo and Rousey but I also really like Pettis, Mighty Mouse and Urijah Faber.

I missed 166 and all those finishes, damn.

Ooooh yeah Ronda Rousey :) I know she could submit my ass in a heartbeat but that would only make things even more kinky ;) I'd let her put me in a triangle any day. Well maybe not after training session but def after a shower lol.

Anybody keeping up with TUF team Tate vs team Rousey?

^ I've been watching it. Ronda definitely comes across as spoiled and bitchy but I think it just her competitive nature. I read MMA boards and people just crap on her about it while I really dont care about that. Especially with Miesha Tate pulling all the elementary school prank stuff, I hope Ronda breaks both her arms in December now. And the girls' fights have been better overall than the guys'. That is the boost and recognition WMMA has needed and may take a little heat off Ronda to be the "face" of WMMA. I mean, have you seen Michelle "Karate Hottie" Waterson fight? She is pretty legit too and easy on the eyes as well.

I'm no psychiatrist but I'm pretty sure Ronda has some serious emotional issues. It's not just her competitive nature, all fighters have that. She goes all "Nick Diaz" particularly with Misha, except she's far worse than Nick can be. I can barely stand to watch her. Misha has shown to be somewhat immature at times, but generally she seems like a much more intelligent and compassionate coach than Ronda, and even a nicer person to be around. Although I guess you have to be careful judging people on their T.V. appearances, you don't know what goes on behind the scenes.

^ Of course she has some emotional issues. She lost her dad when she was young and her mom instilled that uber competitiveness into her from early on as well. Aside from that, it is reality TV and the editing can be done to skew your view. In spite of her disdain for Miesha, we've gotten to see her compassion after Baszler and Duke lost. And Duke has been blogging about how great an experience it was to train with Ronda (taken with a grain of salt of course). I havent been watching for the drama, that is what The Walking Dead is for, but I've really enjoyed the action in the octagon every week.

^^Yeah I've read that Ronda hangs out with Nick Diaz too so maybe thats why she acts like him. lol.

Did anybody watch the UFC fight night Machida vs Munoz? I think it was Machida's first fight at 185.

I would love to train with the Diaz bros. I compete in cycling mainly road biking and I have to say I can see where Nick Diaz gets his stamina from hell. His cardio is trough the roof. Mine would be too of I did triathlon. Lol. That shit is nuts. I like road biking, doing a 50 mile ride but I can't stand running.

I think Dan Henderson probably got retired tonight. At least I hope he retires after that KO.

Wish I had seen last night's event!

Just read the play-by-play...so many finished fights!

That's what I like to see!

:D

talk about the biggest fucking bullshit ive ever seen.

judges clearly were GSP fans there's nothing else I can think of. Rounds 1, 2, and 4 all were clear Hendricks rounds. Even the 3rd could have even arguably went to Hendricks. Then I had the 5th round for GSP.

But no way anyone could argue rounds 1, 2, or 4 went to GSP. total bullshit.

^ Yep, I do agree. Hendricks implemented his plan in the first and GSP was basically fighting off his own instinct instead of his usual cerebral self. That does not happen often to him but Hendricks is now clearly a better fighter than most believed before last night. And, GSP is retiring? WTF.

Woodley's knockout of Kos was vicious. Rumor is Kos is retiring now. That is 2 KOs in a row for him.

I also enjoyed Robbie Lawler winning.

I suspected Kos might retire after that. Solid card overall, awful call by the judges yet again in GSP Hendricks. Just another example of "champions advantage" like we saw in the Gus Jones fight. It's getting ridiculous.

Highlight of the night: watching Rory Macdonald storm out of the cage after Lawler was announced winner. Lawler vs Condit next?

I suspected Kos might retire after that. Solid card overall, awful call by the judges yet again in GSP Hendricks. Just another example of "champions advantage" like we saw in the Gus Jones fight. It's getting ridiculous.

Highlight of the night: watching Rory Macdonald storm out of the cage after Lawler was announced winner. Lawler vs Condit next?

That would be a good next fight for Lawler. It would be against another top 5 WW and keep him busy while GSP-Hendricks II is scheduled and done. However, that Condit v Brown is going to be great action and there is no guarantee Condit walks away the winner. You just never know.

That would be a good next fight for Lawler. It would be against another top 5 WW and keep him busy while GSP-Hendricks II is scheduled and done. However, that Condit v Brown is going to be great action and there is no guarantee Condit walks away the winner. You just never know.

You're right I completely forgot about Condit / Brown. That's a guaranteed war. Lawler vs either of those two would be great.

UFC 168 tomorrow.....what a stacked card! Weidman v Silva 2, Rousey v Tate 2, Barnett v Browne

And before that UK v UL, battle for bluegrass bragging rights.

Stoked Saturday for me. :)

Rousey by armbar round 3.... Tate just is not on the same level at all. She was game but got taken to grappling school tonight.

Weidman wins by.....
silva168.gif