• SPORTS
    AND
    GAMING
  • Sports & Gaming Moderators: ghostfreak

Ultimate Fighting Championship (UFC)

Pettis is sick. I predicted he would win but not by submission. He's proven himself to be extremely high level in all aspects of the game now and I'm looking forward to where he ends up in the future.

Thoughts on the Mir stoppage? Such a tough call, but he did look out when he dropped even though he claims it was a tactic (not sure about that). I actually thought the Guida stoppage was more premature.

I only caught the main event. These days I don't see a lot of the UFC but I heard all the internet chatter about it. Pettis is definitely a beast. I wasn't really familiar with him but he is the first fighter to get a "daaaaaaamn" out of me in a while.

:D

^ I've liked Pettis for a while now but its been frustrating (as a fan) to not be able to watch him fight and see the improvements he has made as a fighter. Much of the knock on him was his TDD was not good because he got grinded to a loss by Guida. He is working out with Ben Askren so you know he is getting better at grappling/wrestling. Pettis has always had confidence and he showed that when he was throwing those body kicks at Bendo and got him backing up. Then to submit him from the bottom was just......remarkable. If he can stay healthy, he will be a fun champ to watch.

Anyone watch the fights last night? Jacare was impressive with his brutal KO. Bader......might be time for him to either go away or drop to MW if he can.

Hallman was impressive coming back from those body kicks for a sub win over a BJJ black belt.

And then there was the new season of TUF with Rowdy Ronda and Miesha Tate. The girl fights stole the show I think and hopefully sets the tone for the season.

Bones Jones is back in action this weekend. With the GF out of town, I can hit the local bar and watch all the fights this weekend.

wow. anyone else score it for Gustafsson? I mean I had it 48-47 and it was real close so I'm not gonna go wild over it. Can't believe the 49-46 though.

huge MMA fan here, wish i could weigh in

seriously, i'll kick all of your asses

i was too busy at my nigga's party he had for his baby pitbull's 3 month birthday block party

was on bon fire duty, all night, eventually ran out of tires and styrofoam, so had to cut down some huge oak tree i found in parking lot of stupid apartment complex my 97 year old grandmother lives at

wow. anyone else score it for Gustafsson? I mean I had it 48-47 and it was real close so I'm not gonna go wild over it. Can't believe the 49-46 though.

That was the worst one. There always seems to be one judge who isnt watching the fight.

"Champion's advantage" and that's what won Jones the fight. Gustafsson is a complete warrior, I don't think I've seen someone as exhausted as he was by the end of the 5th and still throwing spinning elbows.

^ I'm okay with that because I'm a believer that you have to beat/dominate the champion to win it. Gustafsson did hurt Jones like never before but I'm not very sure he did enough to win, although it was definitely close. The jogging to the other side of the octagon on occasion did not sit well with me because in my mind it meant he did not want to engage Jones. Meaning, Jones was more the aggressor and controlled where they engaged.

Last month, Pettis subbed Bendo to win the LW title. Barao KO'd Wineland with a spinning back kick in the fight before Jones'. That is how you win a championship! Beating up Jone's face is great but leaving it up to the judges, not so good. Unless you knock down or put the champ (or any opponent) in danger throughout the fight, you will not win on points.

i thought he definitely put jones in danger during the fight. These guys are just really evenly matched that it would be tough for either guy to finish the fight. i really hope the judges weren't thinking about "champion's advantage", i think whoever wins simply wins and that's it.

1231627_534263456653465_1449401384_n.jpg

I'm not sure about the danger. He cut him with a glancing blow and then boxed his face up. His takedowns of Jones, while a first against Jones, were nothing but points. That is not to take anything away from Gus because he did a great job but other than Gus gassing in round 5, neither fighter looked "hurt" until they were leaving the cage.

The fact that both of their chins are some of, if not the best in the division didn't help with either of them finishing the fight. Although I have to say I felt there were more times when Alex looked closer to being finished than the other way around. He must have eaten at least 4 or 5 solid headkicks, not to mention that huge spinning elbow to the forehead, how he walked through those is pretty amazing.

I think we should get a rematch.

I can't believe Dos Santos lost! Still quite pissed about it.

Who's everybody's top 3 fav fighters? I love MMA and i have seen practically every fight for quite a few years now. Just wanna see if theres more people on BL who enjoy UFC/MMA.

Alright so my top 3 would have to be:
1)Nick Diaz for sure. He always puts on a good show.
2)Jon Jones
3)Nate Diaz. I think the diaz brothers are pretty badass. Yeah they may not be the best but that doesn't mean they're not skilled.

I am an amateur fighter and I'm a welterweight.