• SPORTS
    AND
    GAMING
  • Sports & Gaming Moderators: ghostfreak

Ultimate Fighting Championship (UFC)

Lol I haven't been following da newz I was just goin off Dana's post fight ramblings
:)
They sure set that up fast.

EDIT: Who you got X?

Last edited:
I think Weidman is gonna win much easier this time around. Not buying the whole Silva is gonna come out much different and destroy him.

Lol I haven't been following da newz I was just goin off Dana's post fight ramblings
:)
They sure set that up fast.

EDIT: Who you got X?

I do like Weidman again but uneasily so only because I know how great Silva will probably be in the rematch. That said, Weidman now has the confidence he needed to back up what he was saying for about a year.

My head pretty much agrees with you and Mike. I think Silva could be at the end of his reign. My heart still wants to believe Anderson still has it but he's nearing forty and I think his reaction time is slowing similar to when Chuck got to about that age.

Still Anderson fucking hates losing, it's well documented in pride backstage vids. It's possible he will come out on fire and Weidman may be overconfident in his striking.

Still this is a hard one to pick. I guess I'll stick with Anderson.

I only caught the last round of it, which I think might be a good thing.

DJ was really good tonight. I especially liked the post fight Chun Li kicks followed by Michael Jackson scream.

Last edited:
you really didn't miss anything because not a single thing happened in the first two rounds besides a couple jabs here and there by Rory. Ellenberger didn't do a single thing besides the one punch in the 3rd, he looked terrible. Rory at least was able to easily win rounds 1 and 2 with his jab but still wished he even attempted to finish the fight.

yeah Johnson looked great, though it looked like Moraga definitely didnt deserve a title shot. Shows how terrible the flyweight division is.

I'm coming..... 5'8 72 in reach 160ish but I can make 125(it sucks though)... DJ would would fuck me up right now though lol

Last edited:
flyweight could use anyone right about now it's got about as much talent as the women's division.

I remember when Jussier da Silva was ranked the #1 flyweight in the world. The guy is 1-1 in the UFC and has looked terrible.

thankfully there's an event next week and you can't really go wrong with Aldo and The Korean Zombie. Also love the co-main event Lyota Machida vs. Phil Davis, I am really curious how Davis performs in that fight. I'm sure he's a huge underdog but I wouldnt be surprised if he could pull off the upset.

unfortunately the rest of the card was destroyed by injuries so those are really the only two big name fights.

I do wanna see how Ednaldo Oliveira does, he's a 6'7" Brazilian light heavyweight who was 13-0 until he lost to Gabriel Gonzaga and then now is making his LHW debut.

also Ian McCall one of the few great flyweights is fighting but his opponent i've never heard of so I'm gonna guess it'll be very one sided.

It's pretty cool the Leites is back in the UFC I eagerly await that fight. This is in Rio so you know the Brazilians are going to win. Besides the very top of the card I'm not really that interested and even then I think Aldo is clearly superior to KZ and Lyoto will outclass Phill like Rashad did. I hate picking fights now though since I'm wrong so much lol. I shouldn't be I mean I've trained Judo and Sambo extensively(with high level training partners), been in the gym and sparred with tons of local guys in mma, and studied literally thousands of hours of mma footage. Goes to show you what I know lol.

DJ, Dodson, McCall, Montague, Joe B(I might take him in a rematch) are all pretty good FlyWeights.

Last edited:
iim really hoping leites beats watson cuz he's been overhyping himself too much and even called out wanderlei silva. I watched him fight in BAMMA and was never impressed.

Aldo is most likely gonna win but i just cant see Chan Sung Jung at least make it somewhat interesting. I think machida vs davis will be a close fight a lot of the reason because machida will be very conservative and it should have cost him vs henderson imo. and i really just cant see phil davis getting finished. 5 rounds against rashad evans and not once was he in danger even though he lost a clear unanimous decision.

i actually thought benavidez beat demetrius johnson. but didnt care because i dont like pretty much all of alpha male lol

How can you hate on these moves?!
[video=youtube_share;PPJfJiikwuI]http://youtu.be/PPJfJiikwuI[/video]

i know mendes is a good fighter and all but seriously check out who he's fought: Darren Elkins, Yaotzin Meza, and Cody McKenzie. That's his last 3 fights after fighting Aldo. His 3 fights before fighting Aldo are Rani Yahya, Michihiro Omigawa, and Javier Vazquez. Those are some bad fighters considering he is seen as a top 3 featherweight.

Why is he facing these fighters? There are so many guys I'd like to see him fight and yeah finally he's facing Clay Guida but i dont think highly of guida anyways. Mendes got a free ride to the belt and then got KOed round 1 because he shouldnt have fought for the title in the first place.

The best fighter he's ever fought was Swanson but that was so long ago and swanson is clearly much more improved than he was back then. I really just wanna see him fight some good fighters for once to truly prove if he is top 3 or not. UFC giving out free wins piss me off more than anything.

Anyone been watching the Bellator Fightmaster show? I think it is pretty good if you can put up with Joe Warren running his mouth all the time. Bellator 97 is tomorrow night, I think King Mo is going to win again but he and Noe have had some words lately. Might make it interesting.

UFC 163 this weekend: Aldo will probably win again but I really hope KZ tests his cardio. Machida will likely lull Davis to sleep for 3 rounds. Its a so-so card to me so I will likely skip watching it.

Looks like I've got all the favorites. I really wanna see Phil Davis break out with this fight but i'll play it safe.

Featherweight Jose Aldo (c) vs. Chan Sung Jung
Light Heavyweight Lyoto Machida vs. Phil Davis
Middleweight Cezar Ferreira vs. Thiago Santos
Middleweight Thales Leites vs. Tom Watson
Catchweight (129 lbs) John Lineker vs. José Maria Tomé

did u think machida won?

I had the first two rounds for phil davis. didnt think machida was active enough per usual. a little disappointed i played it safe and picked machida.

also was really impressed with thales leites. i'll excuse him gassing because he really went for the finish.

I had Machida 30-27 under the unified judging crighteria, it's w/e though.

Leites is a fucking wizard I've always loved that guy sans the AS fight.

What did you think of the title fight?