• A BOX or a CASE

Votes: 19 21.3%
  • Beerwhtfycunts

Votes: 4 4.5%

• Total voters
Good to see someone is on board Mr Samadhi

Can we make it a round robin event though

Sure, although at this stage it looks like CARTON wins by default =D

Beer in cans isn't affected by light and actually keeps the beer fresher than stubbies. The only taste reduction comes from drinking out of metal. Put it in a nice beer glass and enjoy cheap cans!
isp_beer_glass1.jpg

"little creatures" bright ale. MMMMMMMmmmmm. make it 2 slabs. boxes. cartons. cases. whatever.

To come in late to this debate and having not actually read all through the thread, the CORRECT answer is case. Case of beer. Fucking tops! I feel like going out and drinking most of one now! I won't though... too tired...

A box of beer? Nah... a box o' kebabs though... that'll go a long way baby!!

CB :)

effxx said:
I've heard all of the above although box never sounded right to me. In canada (where I'm from anyway)we call them a two, four

When I was in Canada we could only buy them in 18 packs.....it was a sorry state of affairs :(

Damn, This Still Around!

phase_dancer said:
Sure,
although at this stage
it looks like CARTON wins by default =D

It's a CARTON of milk,
a BOX of vagina,
a SLAB is code fo' Secret Lab'ra'tory,
get with it,
it's a FUCKIN' CASE!

You're NZ anyway.
When it's jus' gonna be Zealand.
It's like a new potatochip flavour,
or Vanilla Coke...
New...

I'm still up fo' the comp., doe.

:D

NB: Soda is my non-drink of choice, too, Prof. P_D.
Did ya try the 50/50 with L&P?
Better?
:)

LOL @ secret laboratory

L&P&CO2/H2O?

Not yet, can't find tha NZ necta in this town. I might have to put in an order to those coming this way.

phase_dancer said:
Carton or case is generally used around here, although the high volume of kiwis through these parts often sees the term "crate" mistakingly used. You see, New Zealand has crates; wooden boxes for beer. You exchange your crate when buying your beer this way.

Crates are useful because of the weather. It gets wet, the bottom doesn't fall out like a cardboard box. Beer crates are used for all manner of things such as; shifting house, general storage and for testing the hardness of ones skull 8(

Back when I lived in NZ, the under 21's Rugby-Beer drinking teams of our town were so tough [?] they had competitions where several crates of beer would first be downed before each participant would smash as many crates or parts of crates over his own head as possible without knocking himself out. The winner would get free beer for the rest of the night or weekend. All usually ended up with lumps and cuts and many suffered a degree of concussion (one or two I witnessed were quite serious). Bystanders/drinkers would often pick a favourite and cheer when he staggered or retained his standing. Its little wonder I hardly drank alcohol while I lived in NZ. By comparison, Aussies are far happier, and generally safer drinkers. That's my current excuse anyway ;)

BTW, a certain co-inhabitant seems to think the appropriate term is a "Bluey Box"

That is too right! and usually smelling of linament (sp?)/tiger balm, mud and beer breath. But yes we call them crates (for bottled/750ml beers x16 per crate), flagons (for 3 litre fill it up at local store), pints the equivalent to scooners, and if we say a box/carton , then that usually means cheap table wine or goon.
If you say a slab at a local store in NZ theyre probably thinking your asking for drugs!! but if you say your an aussie, they would then say thats cool and probably give you discount alcohol. People here are quite accepting of aussies at the local, theres always a good laugh.

BTW - L&P and bourbon!! but dont know what the fuss is with lemon lime and bitters.. Oh and theres also L&P ice cream, which has a slight fizz like lemon sorbet. And CASE is what we say here for 12 - 18 - 24pack beers but a 6 pack is a 6 pack.

*boag, cascade, crown* is just too good.

edit: jug = 1 litre beer - and a handle is also a scooner lol..

Last edited:
I'm actually surprised how many people call it a carton! I've never really heard anyone say that.

^^

the people that do are weird and should be shunned. Unless of course they are buying you one of them "cartons" then you should say thankyou, take the beer and then continue with the shunning.

CB ;)

^ it's because you are from Sydney. which appears to be a microcosm, detached from the real world in almost every way possible.

it's right up there with people calling a "roadie" a "traveller". WTF?!

Well, i'm not from melbourne. But given that the majority of my melbourne friends aren't from melbourne either, the comment still stands :p

Besides, unless you purchase your beer by the slab, your opinion is null and void anyways =D =D

If You're Thirsty, A Drink Will Cure It, If You're Not, A Drink Will Prevent It.

Fuckin' Oath It's A Trav'la

What Shouthern-Set Movie agrees wif me...

"I've only been here three days and there's a shooting.
I know you're my agent,
but this place is fantastic.
It's like Gone With the Wind on Mescalin.
Listen to me,
they walk imaginary pets here,
Garland.
On a fucking leash.
And they're all heavily armed and drunk.
New York is boring! "

Prevention is better than cure.​

UnSquare said:
NB: Soda is my non-drink of choice, too, Prof. P_D.
Did ya try the 50/50 with L&P?
Better?
:)

... did you just call soft drink soda?! That's a whole new kettle(/saucepan/tank) of fish! 8(

Re:Freashmint

Yes.
But it's re:soda-water.
Di'n't you catch the CO2 ref...
Anyhow...
So crisi' trice is averted...
*wipes brow*

^ Ah, sorry, your posts can a bit hard for my 4 in the afternoon brain to decode :)