Votes: 28 31.5%
  • A CARTON, fuckwits

Votes: 38 42.7%
  • A BOX or a CASE

Votes: 19 21.3%
  • Beerwhtfycunts

Votes: 4 4.5%

• Total voters
Carton or case is generally used around here, although the high volume of kiwis through these parts often sees the term "crate" mistakingly used. You see, New Zealand has crates; wooden boxes for beer. You exchange your crate when buying your beer this way.

Crates are useful because of the weather. It gets wet, the bottom doesn't fall out like a cardboard box. Beer crates are used for all manner of things such as; shifting house, general storage and for testing the hardness of ones skull 8(

Back when I lived in NZ, the under 21's Rugby-Beer drinking teams of our town were so tough [?] they had competitions where several crates of beer would first be downed before each participant would smash as many crates or parts of crates over his own head as possible without knocking himself out. The winner would get free beer for the rest of the night or weekend. All usually ended up with lumps and cuts and many suffered a degree of concussion (one or two I witnessed were quite serious). Bystanders/drinkers would often pick a favourite and cheer when he staggered or retained his standing. Its little wonder I hardly drank alcohol while I lived in NZ. By comparison, Aussies are far happier, and generally safer drinkers. That's my current excuse anyway ;)

BTW, a certain co-inhabitant seems to think the appropriate term is a "Bluey Box"

Attachments

• Bluey's Box.jpg
    Bluey's Box.jpg
    85.7 KB · Views: 76
The slang is very driven by state location. It's funny also how most of Victoria drink pots(middys) and you can get some strange looks when asking for pints, especially in old local pubs in Geelong. 8( "We don't sell pints here!" (And then attempt to sell a schooner at the same price as a pint.. 8) )

sux2 said:
The slang is very driven by state location. It's funny also how most of Victoria drink pots(middys) and you can get some strange looks when asking for pints, especially in old local pubs in Geelong. 8( "We don't sell pints here!" (And then attempt to sell a schooner at the same price as a pint.. 8) )

I disagree somewhat. Most places in vic do sell pints, although i have been to a few places before which hadn't.
But I do agree the slang is very driven by your location

It's a slab or a carton. I have never heard anyone call it a box or a case, unless they were american.

Donny Don't said:
Why have you got box and case together? Everybody calls it a case around here but I've never heard it called a "box of beer"! So my vote is for case not box. You should separate those two!

Dammit, Donny, don't be difficult! :D

ps. you cannot change a poll once it is posted... it's like some sort of god's decree or something.

I agree with Phase Dancer, its a crate. More rustic and versetile than a milk crate.
xin_00eaac3e5f024853a1fbf7bfdc15c858.jpg

Now go cook the man some fucking eggs!

bah. i typed in the wrong answer in the poll.

i'm calling rank here and officially announcing that it is a case

^
you must have been confused with the "CASE" vote being polluted with an unfair association with "BOX"!

I use the term slab, and sometimes dabble in case.. And as far as I know, a box is actually 30 bevies..

deeCee said:
And as far as I know, a box is actually 30 bevies..

And they also sell cardboard boxes containing 30 cans but that's opening a whole new can of worms....

Donny Don't said:
And they also sell cardboard boxes containing 30 cans but that's opening a whole new can of worms....
i'm pretty sure it's a case of worms

Working in two different bars each week i've only ever heard it called a box or slab...the more upmarket/imported beers are generally called a case of...

Gerenally when im asked for a slab of carlton it is the CD cans and when its a box it's CD Stubbies

Cans= ewwww
Stubbies= ok
Pots= tap beer which is better :)

It's most definately slab...

I have had the term Case or Carton.. But everyone I know calls them Slabs.

aand... I second starfalls on the comment on cans...

Sure cans of beer get colder quicker, but they taste a bit wrong so stubbies are the best option here, but certainly nothing can beat a nice cold beer fresh out of the tap :)

I think this could open another can of worms

Donny Don't said:
Why have you got box and case together? Everybody calls it a case around here but I've never heard it called a "box of beer"! So my vote is for case not box. You should separate those two!

Agree.Except I refuse to vote because I say 'case' NOT 'box'.Seperate them into a six pack or something :p

Or just be hardcore and get a keg instead ;)

I called them slabs when I was about 17. I usually call 'em cartons now.

Its funny being a mexican who moved north and I see people drinking pots (midi's .. whatever) They look tiny. One of the best things about moving north was getting to drink schooners. And they're almost the same price as what some pubs in melb charge for a pot.

I refuse to ask for scallops up here. I say potato cakes to piss them off. Not that I eat fish n chips here much. The fish n chips and pizzas here are crap compared to melb ones.