Votes: 28 31.5%
  • A CARTON, fuckwits

Votes: 38 42.7%
  • A BOX or a CASE

Votes: 19 21.3%
  • Beerwhtfycunts

Votes: 4 4.5%

• Total voters
Case just sounds so faffy :\ I've only ever heard it called a carton. I don't like slab, but i like the idea of a crate of beer. We had a crate of beer at our place a while back. A friend brought some homebrew over in a milk crate...

See, i would expect to see someone order a case if i was living in the OC or Monaco etc etc. I don't see how a public servant haven like Canberra could have generated "case" as the standard for bulk beer :)

Mr Samadhi said:
Look at the pole...
Look buddy, what you say to the wifey is one thing, but i'd really rather you leave that sort of chitchat at home. Thanks.

I was going to edit my last post, must of had a bl spelling momennt;) But it is a mighty pole/poll :p =D
Ask my wife ;)

case of beer seriously rolls off the tongue. Canberra, Sydney or where-ever.

Rolls off the tongue, into the throat and starts working its magic down in the stomach :)

mmm... case...

I'm not voting because I call it a slab, case (but never a box), or a carton depending on current mood and whatever comes to me first.

FLAWED POLL!!!

Flawed reading skills! We've already established my lack of poll-making expertise.

I'm sorry! Here, have a kitten.

Kitten%20Wallpaper.jpg

Now get over it and vote already!!

Chaos Butterfly said:
case of beer seriously rolls off the tongue. Canberra, Sydney or where-ever.
OMG

I don't know you anymore.

8o

:|

A SLAB maybe.......a carton, I dunno that from my elbow.

I'm not very familiar with my elbow....

:|

Well the challenge went down on the weekend between phase dancer and myself... no clear winners, but damn there was a lot of beer had.. I even remember beer for breakfast, lunch and dinner ;) :)
When i asked for a carton at the local, thats what i got... Carton for the win!!! ;):)

Funny that, because when I ask for a slab at my local, a slab is what I get!

Whaddya know ;)

I guess it's a tie, because after all, Dale and I weren't involved in the contest and therefore it's intrinsically flawed. :D

They didn't want to be shown up ^^

Having said that,

Carton it is (according to my Websters' Socio-Linguists' Guide to Australian Vernacular English)

Im sure phase and i are up for another challenge;) :p Bring it on =D

and whenever I go to my local bottle shop, even though it IS a CASE of (insert beer here) generally I just go and pick it up myself from the cool room and take it to the counter, therefore avoiding any confusion...

When you're a girl, you never have to carry your own slab of beer to the car ;)

(unless you purchase from a large supermarket chain, where chivalry is dead)

Fair enough... and I guess I'm just going to have to cope with that coz I ain't got no plans on changing anytime soon ;)

If you ask for a slab you'll end up getting a VB... slabs for the win.

Strawberry_lovemuffin said:
When you're a girl, you never have to carry your own slab of beer to the car ;)

(unless you purchase from a large supermarket chain, where chivalry is dead)

my woolies guys let me buy a carton and carry a six pack home and write it up on the receipt...they all (the random underpaid staff that is) seem to enjoy the interaction and I even have had some offering to forget to cross one off the receipt which I have refused as it saves me a mintox buying a carton.
so chivalry is not entirely dead...though I have yet to have someone offer to carry my sixpack home whilst I have all my other shopping thus the stealing of shopping trollies!!
=D