Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • AADD Moderators: swilow | Vagabond696

Two minute noodles appreciation thread

Raz

Bluelighter
Hello friends,

Can we please talk about two minute noodles? OMG.

They should actually be called 4.5 minute noodles because that's how long it takes me to microwave them to perfection, but I can forgive the inaccurate name because I don't know where my life would be without them. The best two minute noodles are Shin Ramyun. My convenience store sells them in a 5-pack for $3.50 and they are amazing. Chuck in some hot sauce, just enough water for the noodles to soak up = THE BEST.

Please share your love here of two minute noodles and all related items.

While I appreciate the love, I feel that we are taking valuable attention away from The Dole Bludger's Delight, aka two minute noodles.

Here is an inspirational picture, though this person has used too much water:
shin+ramyun+ppd.jpg

fuck 2mn's! mi gorang all the way!!!!!! MI GORANG REPRESENT FOOLS!

Last edited:
For the up market punter try serving in a wine flute with garnish of greenery

The Satay Indomie Mi Goreng the my favourite out of all the instant noodles I've tried. I cook two packets at a time in a saucepan on the stove but years ago I did try them in the microwave a few times and it works fine. The dried fried onions that comes in the sachets are the best bit. I've noticed big packets of them in Chinese supermarkets and have seen people use them when cooking Mi Goreng from scratch in videos on youtube.

Maybe I should start a new Cous Cous appreciation thread for the thrifty.

cous cous is just underachiever rice, two minute noodles be where it's at!

Mi Goreng is pretty sweet and I do love those dried onion bits you get in it...but I submit that shin ramyun is the king of instant noodle product.

These k-pop gentlemen agree with me! Mi Goreng doesn't have k-pop backing!

http://www.flickr.com/photos/44701509@N06/8309568154/

fuck n2m's! mi gorang all the way!!!!!! MI GORANG REPRESENT FOOLS!

Yeah I'm down with representing Mi Goreng or 'minngas'.

I cook mine with all the sauces, save the powder flavour for the end.

I like to fry the shit out of them so there nice and crispy, it does say 'fried noodles' on the pack anyway.

I don't eat them as much these days, usually just a one off on a hungover morning.

Mi Goreng is pretty sweet and I do love those dried onion bits you get in it...but I submit that shin ramyun is the king of instant noodles.

Can't say I've had them, can't find them in my neck if the woods.
Shin ramyun that is.

Yeah I'm down with representing Mi Goreng or 'minngas'.

I cook mine with all the sauces, save the powder flavour for the end.

I like to fry the shit out of them so there nice and crispy, it does say 'fried noodles' on the pack anyway.

I don't eat them as much these days, usually just a one off on a hungover morning.

yeah there good for a meal when you get back from the pub or club or ultra mega stoned n want something easy to cook up. i pour all the sauces into a bowl while the noodles are boiling in the pot just after i've finished mixing all the sauces the noodles are at the perfect time to strain.strain the noodles chuck em in the bowl mix all the sauces then add the msg powder stuff mix that all around and finally add the little peices of fried onion ontop of the noodles.somtimes i like to dice up some chicken and add that to the noodles :D

i must say this is a awesome thread lol minggas represent

Last edited:
The Satay Indomie Mi Goreng the my favourite out of all the instant noodles I've tried. I cook two packets at a time in a saucepan on the stove but years ago I did try them in the microwave a few times and it works fine. The dried fried onions that comes in the sachets are the best bit. I've noticed big packets of them in Chinese supermarkets and have seen people use them when cooking Mi Goreng from scratch in videos on youtube.

ewwwwwwww r u fo real mang i HATE the satay ones make me fucking gag!those youtube videos of people cooking noodles sound ummmmmm.....interesting :p

i've become friends with english backpackers over a midnight snack of 2min noodles after we'd all arrived home from the clubs. 2 minute noodles bring everyone from all over the world together.

mi goreng ftmfw.

^But mi goreng take 3 minutes not two minutes you goose ;)

those youtube videos of people cooking noodles sound ummmmmm.....interesting :p

From scratch meaning the traditional dish, not the instant packet noodles. I love home cooks that put up cooking videos on youtube, especially from other countries. They are just ordinary traditional meals for them but would be a taste sensation for us. There really is a massive community of youtubers that put up cooking videos, it's awesome.

This thread inspired me to have mi goreng for lunch yesterday.

Oh yes, SHIN RAMYUN! Mi Goreng is yum too. Both are poo without the addition of hot sauce though.

I would like to add: Chicken two minute noodles with added Vegeta is lovely. Do it.

Totally appreciatin' this thread.
2 min noodles are great. mostly, except for those maggi butthole ones.

Totally appreciatin' this thread.
2 min noodles are great. mostly, except for those maggi butthole ones.

Maggi were the bomb as a kid.. But it's like they sold out. I swear they changed the noodles at some stage, made them all greasy and shit.

Overpriced sellouts.

Maggi were the bomb as a kid.. But it's like they sold out. I swear they changed the noodles at some stage, made them all greasy and shit.
YES!! I agree!! I used to love the chicken ones when I was a teenager back in the glory days before anybody had ever heard of a Bieber and now they taste like shit! Coincidence? I THINK NOT!

^But mi goreng take 3 minutes not two minutes you goose ;)

From scratch meaning the traditional dish, not the instant packet noodles. I love home cooks that put up cooking videos on youtube, especially from other countries. They are just ordinary traditional meals for them but would be a taste sensation for us. There really is a massive community of youtubers that put up cooking videos, it's awesome.

This thread inspired me to have mi goreng for lunch yesterday.

ahhh ic ic i thought you were talking about instant noodles lol