• 🇳🇿 🇲🇲 🇯🇵 🇨🇳 🇦🇺 🇦🇶 🇮🇳
    Australian & Asian
    Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • AADD Moderators: swilow | Vagabond696

Triple J Hottest 100 - 2007

CHiLD-0F-THE-BEAT said:
Please everyone, give me valid reasons to get rid of some of these? Such as Tori Amos once kicked a kitten, etc.

With pleasure:

Arctic Monkeys - Fluorescent Adolescent

Their first album was better than their second one. Show them this by not voting a track from their second album in, even though they still rock.

Chemical Brothers (Feat. Klaxons) - All Rights Reversed

Vote for Chemical Brothers - Saturate, instead.

Digitalism - Idealistic

They sucked at Parklife. Idealistic is alright, but nowhere near as good as Pogo or awesome as Zdarlight.

Justice - The Party

This is the worst track from †. It's only saving grace being that the LA Riots remix managed to save it.

Muscles - Chocolate, Raspberry, Lemon & Lime

Muscles sucks live, seen him twice now, and he says his name too much on stage

"Hay guyz I'm Muscles, I'm singing badly and telling you too buy my cd lol".

Presets, The - My People

Generic electro crap.

Robyn - With Every Heartbeat

Cobrastyle, Cobrastyle is bettah!

Tori Amos - Big Wheel

Tori Amos once kicked a kitten.

Trentemoller - Moan (Remix)

The original is better (it's still by Trentemoller, it's the one without the singing). However, since the original is not an option, that's no reason not to vote for this.

But I freaking love that song, it has to stay! Argh, this isn't going to work.
I may need a pin and a blind-fold. :|

I did it. With many tears and a severe case of the guilts. The dye is cast. :|

Angus & Julia Stone - Hollywood
^I adore the way these guys always seem to meld a tender approach to a song with such witty lyrics. Both of their voices are amazing in every single track they've released, but this was a stand-out to me.
Bloc Party - Hunting For Witches
^Another solid release from these boys. Again, I love the lyrics in this song and have been singing it for many weeks. I don't care if they've sold out, I love their music.
Faker - This Heart Attack
^Rocky pop at its absolute jumping best. I couldn't get this song out of my head for weeks and weeks - in fact it's possibly still there?
Future Of The Left - Small Bones Small Bodies
^I've turned this up real loud in my car many times over the past 21 months. Excellent sound, and fantastic almost whimsical lyrics.
Justice - The Party
^This is my best [girl] friend's ringtone on my phone as it alwayy reminds me of her happy, smiling face. Corny yes. Awesome song? Also yes.
Kanye West - Flashing Lights
^This is one amazing hook, Kanye. Superb song - nothing but love for it. I DL'd the album on the strength of this track, and didn't look back.
Presets, The - My People
^I'm one of the thousands who make up the mindless masses who rock out to this on the sticky club floor. Yes. I'm here with all of my people just like you are.
Silverchair - Low
^I'm sure I'm going to be attacked or at least questioned for including this, but I happen to think it's a brilliant song. Well crafted with honest intentions. It spoke to me from the second listen of the album. <3
Soft Tigers - Karate
^I love this band, and vow to see them if they / when they next venture to Melbourne town. They have such a happy sound, and I love their lyrics. This song had me bopping in my car all year.
U.N.K.L.E - Burn My Shadow
^This song consistently made me cry, or at least mist up every time I heard it. Something about the deep resonant vocals reaches into my very core.

Last edited:
I'm suprised to see that Silverchair- straight lines isnt on your list c0tb. That is my pick for no. 1 this year. :)

Good to see that UNKLE track there, I am loving their stuff at the moment.

Maybe you could look as your 10 votes as you doing your bit for indi or new/struggling bands. Forget about the big commercial bands. A spot anywhere in the 100 is a great promo. :)

:D

I'm seriously considering adding that Presets song to my list. The Presets are kick arse IMHO.

I 2nd Klue's comment, I'm tipping straight line for number one. Fucking hate the kunt of a song tho.

Against Me! - Stop! - The record isn't particularly punk but it's pretty damn good. This song is really catchy and the singers voice is awesome.

Bad Religion - Heroes & Martyrs - How could I not vote for my favourite band? I have a BR tattoo for fuck's sake. This track has a really killer hardcore riff and the lyrics are cool - pointing out how we call our own troops "heroes" but theirs "martyrs". The imagery is awesome as well: Into a welter of night, Flack, rounds and roiling blight, Cracked vertebrates stacked by the wayside, An ultraviolent call summoning both poet and thrall

Butterfingers - Nothin' Much Happens - Not my favourite song of theirs but it's good.

Dropkick Murphys - The State Of Massachussets - This band fucking kills it live big time. They are nothing short of amazing. Just makes you want to grab a beer and dance and jump around spilling it everywhere whilst yelling at the top of your lungs with your fellow punk brethren. This song has a sweet banjo intro and a really Irish feel (but so do most of their songs :)).

Gogol Bordello - Wonderlust King - I can't stop recommending this band to everyone I meet. Has to be heard to be believed. I never saw this band coming but am so full of gratitude that they exist. This song captures everything that makes them great, it makes you want to grab a beer, and jig, whilst shouting in a Ukranian accent.

Long Blondes, The - Giddy Stratospheres - I'm in love with the singers voice.

Sage Francis (Feat. Jolie Holland) - Got Up This Morning - This guy is a fucking genius, but what do you expect from a man dedicated enough to hold two degrees. Jolie's voice is a cool addition and of course gives it a folky country feel. Lyrics are deep and metaphorical (Sage is a god with metaphor). Also name dropping Bukowski is awesome.

Serj Tankian - Empty Walls
- I actually thought the album would be a lot more laid back. But it really feels like an extension of System and that's not a bad thing. Good anti war song. Not on this song but the piano is brilliantly integrated throughout the album.

Strung Out - Calling - Nice Mexican intro and I'm really liking how Jason has been singing on his recent work (especially The T4 Project).

Turbonegro - Do You Do You Dig Destruction - My favourite punk/cock rock, denim wearing seedy arse fuckers are back with a new album and it's more of the same which is wicked.

Some honourable mentions:

Cog - What If I don't particularly like Cog but this song has a cool vibe.

Urthboy - We Get Around - Catchy and cool as fuck. It was a toss up not to ditch something else and choose this in my top ten.

Sarah Blasko - Bye Bye Pride - Her voice chills me.

John Butler Trio - Used To Get High - As much as I'd love to hate these hippys they are brilliant musicians and this song is really catchy.

Busty St Clare said:
After compiling an extensive short list I have had a severe conscience attack trying to cull to ten.

Angus & Julia Stone - Wasted wouldn't have made it if not for a stary-sky recital at a recent festival.

Bluejuice - Vitriol - Soul organ for the record!

Claude Vonstroke - The Whistler- annoying enough to want to shhhhh people and turn it up louder.

DJ Jazzy Jeff (Feat. Jean Grae) - Supa Jean- Jeanie, Jeanie, Jeanie.... enough said.

Foo Fighters - The Pretender- driving song of the year.

Fratellis - Chelsea Dagger- Can't wait until the crowd start singing this at Stamford Bridge

Kings Of Leon - Fans - As was said earlier, probably their weakest album, but still damn fine.

Liam Finn - Second Chance - rest of this album was a bit weak, but the classy genes shine through on this one.

M.I.A - Paper Planes - Moment of the year was driving with the kids and all being busted by the cars at the lights, fingers guns in the air, blasting the traffic, singing along. Better than Hi-5. Favourite song of the year

Mark Ronson (Feat. Lily Allen) - Oh My God- diffucult to choose the favourite, .....Feat. Lily Allen of the year. Sorry Dizzie and Common.

i like you. you're good.

lostpunk5545 said:
Gogol Bordello - Wonderlust King - I can't stop recommending this band to everyone I meet. Has to be heard to be believed. I never saw this band coming but am so full of gratitude that they exist. This song captures everything that makes them great, it makes you want to grab a beer, and jig, whilst shouting in a Ukranian accent.

my flatmate saw him live in europe somewhere and had to cut off his penises so that he didn't ejaculate everywhere. boy that must've been awkward.

Sage Francis (Feat. Jolie Holland) - Got Up This Morning - This guy is a fucking genius, but what do you expect from a man dedicated enough to hold two degrees. Jolie's voice is a cool addition and of course gives it a folky country feel. Lyrics are deep and metaphorical (Sage is a god with metaphor). Also name dropping Bukowski is awesome.

i love love jolie holland (sage francis is arse kickingly good too).

Gogol Bordello is a band name so did your flatmate see the band or was Eugene Hutz doing something solo?

I would probably have to do the same if I saw them live. Start wearing purple.

he saw them but i speak of the man as plural. like cat power isn't really just chan marshall but everyone speaks as if they are :)

Rated E said:
You did this out of spite for me didn't you? ;)
^You're wise beyond your years, E . =D I looked at that track after you bagged it and had a moment of quiet reflection.. and decided it was well wicked and deserved a mention in my top 10. :p

Klue said:
I'm suprised to see that Silverchair- straight lines isnt on your list c0tb. That is my pick for no. 1 this year. :)
^If I could, I'd have three Silverchair tracks in my list - but I can't with a good conscience. :|
I love them, and I love the album, but if I'm completely honest with myself it wasn't their best and the contents just don't beat a lot of the releases I've included. It's hard to decide against your favourite band, but I'm not completely one eyed. :(

CHiLD-0F-THE-BEAT said:
^You're wise beyond your years, E . =D I looked at that track after you bagged it and had a moment of quiet reflection.. and decided it was well wicked and deserved a mention in my top 10. :p

Make sure you check out the LA Riots remix. :)

so i finally voted!

gone with a very mainstream choices this year, as voting for that song you love that isnt all that crash hot doesnt get ya very far

Bloc Party - Hunting For Witches - bloc party are probably one of the bands i have seen, and i have seen them in the exact same place twice... love this song

British India - Tie Up My Hands - probably my fave aussie song of last year, i dont know how i got into it. Will be checking them out soon hopefully

Bumblebeez - Dr Love - BEST FILM CLIP EVER!!! and its a great party track also!

Chemical Brothers - Do It Again - the chem bros strike again with another fat track and album, love the beat to this song.

Cold War Kids - Hospital Beds - Its a great sing-a-long with all the boys...

Editors - Smokers Outside The Hospital Doors - ddnt know who these guys were, saw them from a distant but great sound point at splendour. top song. one of the most played songs on my itunes

Interpol - The Heinrich Maneuver - Well... how are things on the west coast??? I cant wait to see these guys next month!

Klaxons - It's Not Over Yet - most played track and artist on my itunes, got over them pretty much straight away after seeing him, but yeah, love this song

Muscles - Ice Cream - i cant believe im voting for this, but it is probably one of the tracks of last year, its annoying as shit, but also catchy and makes ya wanna bounce in the exact same time

Presets, The - My People - WAH WAH WAH, it took ages for this song to grow on me, but its fuckin tip top, and live it blew me away. PRESETS FTW!!!

YEWWWWWWWWWWW

ch0psy said:
Klaxons - It's Not Over Yet - most played track and artist on my itunes, got over them pretty much straight away after seeing him, but yeah, love this song

This happened to me with Midnight Juggernauts and Daft Punk.

When do we have to vote by?

I want to add The Wombats - Lets Dance To Joy Division, because I bought their album yesterday and it's heaps good.