• 🇳🇿 🇲🇲 🇯🇵 🇨🇳 🇦🇺 🇦🇶 🇮🇳
    Australian & Asian
    Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • AADD Moderators: swilow | Vagabond696

Triple J Hottest 100 - 2007

thats the problem with Daniel Johns/Silverchair...

He is TOO much of a musician, when he was just a great guitarist/lyric writer, he wrote probably everyones fave silverchair song in tomorrow...

then he really got into the whole music side of it... with piano's and the rest of it

and then paul mac... i think its all paul mac's fault really...

what have we learnt from this kids...

NEVER TRUST A FULLY GROWN MAN WITH A MULLET!!!

Rated E said:
I also love this song.

(I could swear you mentioned this once in an old Track of the Moment thread, after I posted that I was listening to the track. At which point I directed you to listen to Depeche Mode - Precious. Was that you?)
Yup. That was me indeed. :)

I was explaining this to someone yesterday - listen to the latest few albums and there is always an angsty, almost metal, hardcore track. Spawn Again. Black Tangled Heart. Satin Sheets. One Way Mule. The Lever.
You gotta' look for them, but they're there. :)

Modest Mouse dominates Silverchair in over six thousand ways.

Reason 1: Modest Mouse pulls off angst in a more entertaining way.

Reason 2: Modest Mouse is not pretentious.

Reason 3: The lead singer uses heaps of cool play on word things in just about every song. And they usually fit some sort of theme eg. In Dashboard, they are to do with cars:

"the dashboard melted but we still had the radio."
"well the car was on blocks, but I was already where I wanted to go."
"well the windshield was broken, but I love the fresh air you know."

PWN'd

;)

I'm pretty sure C0TB would hate Silverchair if Daniel Johns were ugly ;) :D

Also,out of curiosity (and maybe a little off topic,I apologise)......did Dan Johns tell people at any other Big Day Outs to fuck off too?At Sydney he asked the crowd if we were there to see Rage Against The Machine,and when he got a enthusiastic response,we were told to fuck off.I really hope he was high on something.

evilcalvin said:
Also,out of curiosity (and maybe a little off topic,I apologise)......did Dan Johns tell people at any other Big Day Outs to fuck off too?At Sydney he asked the crowd if we were there to see Rage Against The Machine,and when he got a enthusiastic response,we were told to fuck off.I really hope he was high on something.

How dare he dislike a band that everyone else likes.

(I think you'll find he was just egging the crowd on / making a joke out of the fact that most of the people who were at that stage were probably there waiting for Rage. Because as I heard from a friend, they shut that area off at about 4:30, so that you had to be in there by that time to see Rage.)

But anyways. I say good on him for expressing an opinion (it's what Rage would have wanted). :)

CHiLD-0F-THE-BEAT said:
I was explaining this to someone yesterday - listen to the latest few albums and there is always an angsty, almost metal, hardcore track. Spawn Again. Black Tangled Heart. Satin Sheets. One Way Mule. The Lever.
You gotta' look for them, but they're there. :)

One Way Mule does not count at all because of its 'smoove' chorus and whiny nasal verses
Neither does The Lever because........it's The Lever

Rated E said:
(I think you'll find he was just egging the crowd on / making a joke out of the fact that most of the people who were at that stage were probably there waiting for Rage. Because as I heard from a friend, they shut that area off at about 4:30, so that you had to be in there by that time to see Rage.)

2001 BDO. everyone who was staying up the front for System Of The Down had to sit through Something For Kate. quietest set i've ever seen at a BDO, prompting the lead singer to say "wow, you guys are pretty chill. but it's ok to be mellow, just enjoying the music..."

an audible groan was emitted by the front row whilst they looked at each other with a "fuck this douche" look on their faces

probably my favourite BDO moment next to the simulated anal sex and subsequent horror from the audience during Rammstein's 2000 set

[Edit - for Calv]

^He's just having fun, man. :) He's really grown into himself these past years, and can use his position on stage as a natural, comfrotable performer now.
He used to be quiet on stage, but now he really lets loose. I love how much he's embraced performing now.

And yeah, he told one guy in particular to get fucked a few times. I laffed'. :)

preacha said:
One Way Mule does not count at all because of its 'smoove' chorus and whiny nasal verses
Neither does The Lever because........it's The Lever
^Whatever. You know I'm right. :)

preacha said:
2001 BDO. everyone who was staying up the front for System Of The Down had to sit through Something For Kate. quietest set i've ever seen at a BDO, prompting the lead singer to say "wow, you guys are pretty chill. but it's ok to be mellow, just enjoying the music..."

an audible groan was emitted by the front row whilst they looked at each other with a "fuck this douche" look on their faces

probably my favourite BDO moment next to the simulated anal sex and subsequent horror from the audience during Rammstein's 2000 set

LoL !!

all the Triple J Hottest 100 confirms is that Australia's hipster youth has horrible taste in music

i was there in 2001 waiting for SOAD to come on... on the fence the whole time something for kate was on... and then grinspoon were on the stage next to it..

i think

but fuck it was so worth it...

i think i nearly impregnated a girl it got that squashy up front

Rated E said:
(I think you'll find he was just egging the crowd on / making a joke out of the fact that most of the people who were at that stage were probably there waiting for Rage.

CHiLD-0F-THE-BEAT said:
^He's just having fun, man.

Now I don't feel so bad about telling him to play 'Israel's Son' and then after another beer, 'Khe Sanh'.

Someone chucked a bottle of water at Daniel Johns when I saw them once at a Livid festival. He was irate and screamed out 'who the fuck was that?!' And he nearly walked off stage. Hehehe

evilcalvin said:
Now I don't feel so bad about telling him to play 'Israel's Son' and then after another beer, 'Khe Sanh'.

You were the guy Daniel Johns was swearing at weren't you.

;)