• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Tingling extremities following IV MPH?

narutokun said:
...suposedly "dangerous" pills...

I dont get what makes you think its not dangerous.

It clearly is and you are the only one who thinks otherwise. Are you the exception to the reality of it?

well i know i do stupid stuff, and will never touch a needle, but, untill he reliizes that iving pills for a long period of time is life threating, refer to thread, iving oxycontin harm reduction thread in this forum, when i get the thing ill put it up in here.
but untill he relizes there is substantial dangers from iving pills and wants to change his life style then leave him alone, i know i do alot of stupid things, injesting lots of apap being it, i might sound like a hypocrite, but my livers been tested many times, all times below normal. so until he relieze what hes doing bad theres nothing you can do, i mean, theres a whole 5-20 minutes difference if you just swallow or snort em. that would be a whole lot better than what hes doing, just leave him alone, hes here, in the name of harms reduction try to help him, or if he relizes its bad then help him change his ways, until then help him with harm reduction. brb to post the thing from other thread.

here is the proven problems from iving pills

Originally Posted by IcarusRisen
11) Can I inject it?
!NO! This is probably one of the most common questions asked .. now let me tell you that when it comes to IV drug use, that is the only way I go.. but not with OxyContin! Why not you ask? Well, from the Purdue website -
"OxyContin consists of a dual-polymer matrix, intended for oral use only. Parenteral venous injection of the tablet constituents, especially talc, can be expected to result in local tissue necrosis and pulmonary granulomas."
For a better explanation of this VERY REAL condition, I found this in the 'The New England Journal of Medicine' .. I capitalized the important shit..
--/BEGIN/--
A 25-year-old woman with a history of heroin use was admitted for increasing dyspnea. A chest radiograph showed diffuse bilateral pulmonary infiltrates that were predominantly interstitial. An open-lung biopsy was performed. Histologic analysis showed medial hypertrophy of medium-sized pulmonary arteries indicative of pulmonary hypertension, as well as occasional foreign-body granulomas. Polarized light microscopy revealed refractile particles in the outer portion of the wall of a pulmonary artery (hematoxylin and eosin, x40). Electron microscopy of lung tissue showed the ultrastructural aspects of the embolized microcrystalline material in an alveolar septum. IN INTRAVENOUS DRUG USERS, PULMONARY GRANULOMATOSIS IS DUE TO THE REPEATED FORMATION OF MICROEMBOLI OF FOREIGN MATERIAL RESULTING FROM THE INJECTION OF SUSPENSIONS OF CRUSHED TABLETS OR THE CONTENTS OF CAPSULES INTENDED FOR ORAL CONSUMPTION. THE FOREIGN MATERIAL CONSISTS OF INSOLUBLE MICROCRYSTALS (CELLULOSE, TALC, OR STARCH) USED AS INERT FILLER SUBSTCES IN ORAL PHARMACEUTICAL PREPARATIONS SUCH AS METHADONE AND BARBITURATES. There is no specific treatment for granulomatous lung disease related to intravenous drug use. The open-lung biopsy was complicated by a pneumothorax. Progressive respiratory failure subsequently developed, and the patient died four weeks later.

edit: from here: http://www.bluelight.ru/vb/showthrea...ht=lung+filler

if thats enough to change your ways to snort or swallow pills than thank you man

gethigh said:
well i know i do stupid stuff, and will never touch a needle, but, untill he reliizes that iving pills for a long period of time is life threating, refer to thread, iving oxycontin harm reduction thread in this forum, when i get the thing ill put it up in here.
but untill he relizes there is substantial dangers from iving pills and wants to change his life style then leave him alone, i know i do alot of stupid things, injesting lots of apap being it, i might sound like a hypocrite, but my livers been tested many times, all times below normal. so until he relieze what hes doing bad theres nothing you can do, i mean, theres a whole 5-20 minutes difference if you just swallow or snort em. that would be a whole lot better than what hes doing, just leave him alone, hes here, in the name of harms reduction try to help him, or if he relizes its bad then help him change his ways, until then help him with harm reduction. brb to post the thing from other thread.

That is exactly what everyone is doing. He just wont listen. Hes asking questions, then we try and help, and he disregards us. It makes no sense.

he seems like a good kid that seems nice, im trying to get through to him just so nothing bad happens to him. but until then somebody should mail him some micron filters would be the best thing to do in my eyes i think.

Man don't waste your time with this. He won't listen and for some reason I think he likes it when we all make a big deal about him. Not trying to be mean but, just look at his post history...Every single time someone says something helpful he completely disregards it. The only time he acknowledges people is when someone else says "Hey I shoot pills too" and "Come on guys just let him do it". He always says he is seeking help but I for one just don't get it.

btw ive got scar tissue on my lungs etiher from shooting oxy pills or from coughing up embolisms after i got staph, or a combination of both. coughing up bloody chunks of blood from your lungs when you've got septic staph aint fun

yup they told me there is no treatment for the scar tissue on my lungs.

i know a guy who was a huge fucking shredded 270lb bber who died from it

METHYLPHENIDATE

Methylphenidate, a Schedule II substance, has a high potential for abuse and produces many of the same effects as cocaine and the amphetamines. The abuse of this substance has been documented among narcotic addicts who dissolve the tablets in water and inject the mixture. Complications arising from this practice are common due to the insoluble fillers used in the tablets. When injected, these materials block small blood vessels, causing serious damage to the lungs and retina of the eye. Binge use, psychotic episodes, cardiovascular complications, and severe psychological addiction have all been associated with methylphenidate abuse.

u post about complications due to shooting pills near daily. Stop shooting pills! i bet this was said a million times in this thread but i still felt the need to say it. Your only 16 dude wtf, plz i seen that glowing blue solution u shot before..that pic u posted...sick dude. Why dont u take all the advice have been asking for. U dont want to hear real advice, u just want someone to say its ok dont worry you'll be fine to make yourself feel better.

I've noticed that whenever shooting it, right after I get muscle stiffness only on the side of the arm that I shot, like stiffness on the legs, arms, back, etc.
Why does this happen only in the side of the injection site?

If you can't stop yourself, go to a god damn NA meeting or something. They don't turn anyone away, even if you're underage. You know damn well you shouldn't be doing it. You said so yourself. If you know you have problems, there is no excuse not to go get help for them.

If you don't go get yourself help, or stop shooting pills you will die. Do you understand this? Its an inevitability that if you do anything risky on a long enough time line, probability reaches 1:1.

Doing it less often doesn't make the risk any less. Its not that kind of risk. Its either a little piece of shit gets caught in the wrong place, or doesn't.

You're 16, and think you're all wise and grown, but you have no idea what you're fucking with.

^of course i know what i'm fucking with dear, this has been already said to me over and over and i have already decided on shooting ocassionaly.
as for the muscle stiffness question, anyone?

No, you really don't, because you still have that stupid invincible attitude that kids your age have, and won't swallow their pride and let it go. To top it off, you keep justifying your dangerous habits. Guess what? Its only fooling yourself.

^I won't be replying to your posts anymore, I am fully aware of the dangers associated with injecting pills.
Can anyone answer my partial muscle stiffness question? Is it because of the vasoconstricting action or the massive amout of released dopamine?

^its because you are a total idiot, to be honest whatever anyone says to answer your question it wont matter because you will be dead within the year because you will just ignore what people say and continue to shoot pills

narutokun said:
^I won't be replying to your posts anymore, I am fully aware of the dangers associated with injecting pills.
Can anyone answer my partial muscle stiffness question? Is it because of the vasoconstricting action or the massive amout of released dopamine?
Could be it, but I am guessing something else. Stop shooting fucking pills.....

^i do it like rarely, it's not like several shots a day or anything. i just don't understand why'd i get stiffness only on one side.

^ One explanation to such phenomena is that a nerve network on one side of the body is being more affected as a whole, being at the muscle-end or at the brain end.

You know how people with angina feel numbness in their left arm, even though nothing is wrong with their left arm? It is because the nerves affected at the heart area extend all the way into the left arm.

So if you are experiencing discomfort in one half of your body, it could be that you've caused damage to a nerve or organ extending from a major network on that side or the opposite (?) side of your brain.