• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Tingling extremities following IV MPH?

narutokun

Bluelighter
Well I IVed about 80mg methylphenidate and I noticed that both my hands have been tingling and I have this tingling and numbing at the same time feeling in my hands... This hasn't happened before :p . Does anyone know what can this be? Detailed "biological" (generalizing) explanations are always welcome.

Most stimulants are vasoconstricants; so by IVing methylphenidate you are more than likely reducing adequate blood flow to your extremities, this could result in tingling sensations, but not typically. Also, i don't know if stimulant use can drop B-vitamin levels; but defecient b-12 levels for example can cause nerve damage and/or numbness/tingling sensations in the hands and feet.

You sure shoot a lot of unhealthy shit man. Keep shooting benzo's and various pills and your veins will be shot in no time. Be careful and take it easy man, you're going to burn yourself out before your even 21--if you don't kill yourself by then.

Last edited:
MPH and other vasoconstricting simulants DO NOT normally cause tingling extremeties.

Alcohol and pill binders, though, might - for reasons I have explained to you in other threads but you chose to ignore. As a matter of fact you have been abusing your body so much that I wouldn't be surprised if your limbs are getting gangrenous.

^ ^ ^
Agreed...

If you have an undissolved piece of binder and/or filler that made it into your veins, this could very easily block blood flow off to the arm. In turn, this could result in sensations of numbness and would eventually require amputation in some cases. But this is preferable to particulate matter getting lodged in the area's surrounding the brain or heart, this would result in stroke and/or respiratory failure.

Be safe, get some help.

why dont you stop shooting pills? I mean shit if you insist on shootin buy meth or heoin I hate to say it but it would be much better for your health.

It could very well just be anxiety, no matter what anyone here says... it's easy to hyperventilate when high on a stimulant, even if you may not consciously feel anxious. Not saying to avoid doctors etc. if things get worse, but that could be all it is (IME it's more likely anxiety if your face is tingling too). If it lasts for a long time, seek medical help tho.
Jamshyd said:
Alcohol and pill binders, though, might - for reasons I have explained to you in other threads but you chose to ignore. As a matter of fact you have been abusing your body so much that I wouldn't be surprised if your limbs are getting gangrenous.
His hand didn't look the least bit gangrenous in that recent photo he posted, but then again I'm not an MD.

Last edited:
^ The guy is shooting materials that WILL eventually lead to gangrenes if they don't kill him before. I think whether or not he gets anxiety is simply irrelevant here.

As for the picture, he hand looked fucked up, and gangrenes don't happen overnight anyways.

But I don't know why we're even arguing, he's going to kill himself with his practices anyways.

EDIT: Oh wait, actually anxiety is out of question since he is IVing several different benzos as well.

Also, flushed-face (which can be mistaken for facial "tingling") is a common effect when IVing stims, so it is nothing to go by.

Last edited:
Jamshyd I have been following this train wreck across the board for a bit you have given good solid facts and preached yourself blue in the face with harm reduction. This kid reminds me of Kandy K back a little while. He is not gonna listen he doesnt care and hes not gonna learn until something catostrophic happens. narutokin man you are gonna do some bad damage your really young I was so you when I was 16 I would do anything and now that I am 18 I have done some bad damage to my body and mind. You will regret this shit stop before its 2 late. All you have to do is stop shooting up just eat or plug the pills I know you dont get the rush but the rush isnt worth it. BTW you have bad parents if i knew my kid was shooting up at 16 he would be in rehab.

I cannot believe you're shooting ritalin... seriously fucked up shit homie, can't be good for you.

I can agree with getting tingling sensations after stimulants IV or not. Whenever I do pills I ge tingles everywhere, whenever I do meth I ge tingles everywhere and im almost certain its anxiety along with the chest pains and headaches I get, its all anxiety.

Ive recently done a bit of IV ritalin, its shit. TBH I think plugging it feels alot nicer, IV is jst to heavy for me, I can shoot meth till im nearly dead but 1 shot of ritalin and I want to die. Its just excruciating.

Last edited by a moderator:
I would like to remind everyone that Narutokun has mentioned several times that he is taking three different benzodiazepines, all IV.

Therefore, anxiety is out of question.

I have in the past injected meth and coke while under the influence of (oral) diazepam and got absolutely no anxiety or flushing/tingling.

Well, amphetmine sometimes causes tingling sensations in me anyway I take it. However, you are doing some very nasty stuff. I don't know how prevalent these sensations are and it is way more likely that it is something very bad than something ok.

OverDriven said:
I just read that chat log and I feel sick now.

I think it was particularly germane to the situation at hand. The OP appears hell-bent on impressing Internet folks with his hardcore drug abuse. I suppose it's only a matter of time until we get "Narutokun-cam," complete with idiots encouraging him to IV a Thorazine/baby powder cocktail.

narutokun said:
Well I IVed about 80mg methylphenidate and I noticed that both my hands have been tingling and I have this tingling and numbing at the same time feeling in my hands... This hasn't happened before :p . Does anyone know what can this be? Detailed "biological" (generalizing) explanations are always welcome.

Sounds like you could have missed a little bit. I know when I used to IV heroin, if I missed a shot, on occasion it would leave the whole arm that I shot up in numb and tingling. On even more rare occasions, and this probably has nothing to do with what your asking, but ill share anyway, if the shot was still hot when I would miss it, it would leave a burn around the area where I missed, like something similar to if you spilled hot water on your skin, it bubbled up like a huge blister, obviously from the hot water being under the skin, and it would leave my entire arm numb also. Rather nasty.

Also, for some odd reason I could never understand, it would make the hand on that arm swell up to probably a quarter times its normal size and turn a dark purple color with white little blotches spread around the purple area, real freaky shit.

If I ever for some reason start to IV heroin again and it happens, Ill be sure to remember to take a picture so you can see what I mean, its rather disgusting.

Anyways, could be you missed some. Its not always as obvious because it doesnt always leave a lump. If you get it in the muscle, you wont see a bulge as you would if you got it under the skin.

Also, for some odd reason I could never understand, it would make the hand on that arm swell up to probably a quarter times its normal size and turn a dark purple color with white little blotches spread around the purple area, real freaky shit.

8o 8o 8o

Dude your gonna die.. listen to these guys. I used to slam klonopin and sometimes suboxone. The klonopin is as effective if not more when under the tounge, I don't even get hy your shooting it. One time I shoot the suboxone when I was quite sick and I laid in my bed thinking shit this is it I'm going to die for shooting some stupid pill, my head felt like it was gonna burst and my ears were popping and my temperture was raging.. its besides the point, you chould just start shooting heroin if you REALLY feel the need to use needles that much, I know thats horrible advice but at least its kinda meant for iv use.

narutokun you constantly ask for advice but never listen to what anyone says, so why posts these questions?

Theres a reason why you are having weird side effects...... maybe you should consider not doing it again?

I cringed when I saw a picture of that syringe filed with that blue liquid...... Fucking sickening.