• ⭐️⭐️

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • ⭐️⭐️⭐️

• ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️

• Total voters
TopRocka said:
^Telltale sign that the ending didn't go over as planned.

They have to spell it out for us.

I'm pretty sure the ending went over EXACTLY the way Chase wanted it to. The fact that you don't "get it" right away just shows the well-planned complexity of The Sopranos. And Chase hasn't really spelled anything out because, like he said, all of it is there in the show. He wants us to figure it out for ourselves and that's something to be appuaded in a world that is drowning in mind-numbing TV.

TopRocka said:
^Telltale sign that the ending didn't go over as planned.

They have to spell it out for us.

Maybe you should stick to Spielberg movies with paint by number endings.

Why not be ambiguous about everything, then?

Why show Phil get shot? Why show his head run over? We could just see the gun pointed at him, and ASSUME he's dead.

I think the ending was meant to satisfy everyone. You can believe he is dead, you can believe he is still alive, you can believe he is jail, hell you can even believe the fat fucker went stool pigeon and is living out in Bumblefuck Kansas.

ClubbinGuido said:
I think the ending was meant to satisfy everyone. You can believe he is dead, you can believe he is still alive, you can believe he is jail, hell you can even believe the fat fucker went stool pigeon and is living out in Bumblefuck Kansas.
QUANTUM SOPRANOS!

[edited]

Last edited by a moderator:
i just edited a load of stuff which was of-topic and ad-hom. please let this lame argument drop.

if you're going to leave, leave. if you're going to stay, stay. just keep things on topic. thanks.

[added later]
if you have anything to add about the editing or removal of posts, please don't add them to this thread - that just drags the thread further off-topic. drop me a pm. thanks

alasdair

Last edited:
AmorRoark said:

I'm pretty sure the ending went over EXACTLY the way Chase wanted it to.

The fact that you don't "get it" right away just shows the well-planned complexity of The Sopranos.

And Chase hasn't really spelled anything out because, like he said, all of it is there in the show.

He wants us to figure it out for ourselves and that's something to be appuaded in a world that is drowning in mind-numbing TV.

Bravo!

AmorRoark said:
I'm pretty sure the ending went over EXACTLY the way Chase wanted it to. The fact that you don't "get it" right away just shows the well-planned complexity of The Sopranos. And Chase hasn't really spelled anything out because, like he said, all of it is there in the show. He wants us to figure it out for ourselves and that's something to be appuaded in a world that is drowning in mind-numbing TV.

I kinda dig this interpretation of the finale: http://www.bobharris.com/content/view/1406/1/

Last edited:
Am I the only one who feels like there's a bit of Tony in each of us - the greed, the risk-taking, the stroking of the ego, the love-of-instant-gratication?

Hopefully, most of us took those character defects to less extreme lengths than did Mr. Soprano, but the fact remains, to the extent that we live our lives inconsistently with how we know deep down that we ought to be living them (and here's why Melfi's character, who showed us that Tony had good qualities, too, kind of like . . . each of us, was such a crucial character), the closer we are to constructing our own personal hell here on Earth.

And AJ's last line about "let's always remember the good times" reminds us that heaven is not a place far far away, but, rather, is made up of beautiful moments here on Earth.

And THAT, imo, was the genius of the show - we all identified with Tony's character, and thus, genuinely CARED for this mass murderer because we saw that he's a frail human being like the rest of us.

RIP The Sopranos - BY FAR The Greatest Television Of All Time

-- LL

The show just ended in Ireland last night. A DJ on one of the major national radio station started playing The Journey song weeks ago, he said he wanted to see it back in the charts and told everyone to download it.

He got it to number 14 last week. I couldn't figure out why he picked such a random song, although he was alway funny I thought he must have a reason. Turned out hed seen the Sopranos ending ages ago and couldnt talk about it on air(or ruin it for us all) so he promoted the song kinda as his own personal in joke.

Anyway as a person who listened to his show everyday it added another dimension to the Sopranos ending, I thought it was a brilliant idea.

On a side note when the F.B.I agent yelled out 'we can win this', that was actually based on a true story.

As for the ending itself, I thought it perfect.

Ad Hom?

I've had a few nasty arguments on here...but none of them were about a TeeVee show.

I liked the finale.

I was finally able to get the final season on DVD and I spent all Saturday and better part of Sunday watching it all. I have only a couple of episodes left and I'm saving it for later after work. Damn did I enjoy myself =D