Votes: 0 0.0%
  • ⭐️⭐️

• ⭐️⭐️⭐️

• ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️

• Total voters
how come the the smiley emoticon things don't work anymore? i was making an ironical (hyuk, hyuk) expression on that last post there... not being a jerk.

^
http://www.bluelight.ru/vb/showthread.php?t=317154

tongue.gif

last ep sucked. the ending was a peice of shit. I don't want to have to imagine an ending, thats why I watch tv to see someone elses imagination. having to imagine your own ending is lame.

needed more phil death. that was awesome.

GreatSpaceCoaster said:
Who says there is an ending you need to imagine? How about life just going on for these people without us?
Because I am left without any decent conclusion. I want closure.

I hope life does go on for them, I just want to know what happens after the fade to black.

i think that's what you're telling yourself in order to make it all better.

::winkie:: ::smiley::

9mmCensor said:
Because I am left without any decent conclusion. I want closure.

I hope life does go on for them, I just want to know what happens after the fade to black.

Although i have agreed with GreatSpaceCoaster on a few of his points, I definitley have to agree with you right now.

If the point of the ending was, as GSC said, that their life goes on without us, that was a real shitty spot to stop it. If they were gonna do it like that, you could have made the show fade to black in the middle of ANY scene in ANY previous episode, and it would have been just as good of an ending. If their life is going to go on without us, they should have left it at a point where we know HOW their life is going to go on without us. Are they all going to be alive? Are they going to be happy? Is Tony gonna go to jail? Thats how you end something in that sort of way. You cant just stop it leaving the viewer with no clue as to how their life is going to be from then on out.

GreatSpaceCoaster said:
Yes, I'm in denial, and hate it when a show actually challenges me instead of dumbing itself down so I can sit with my mouth open and long strands of drool coming out of it.

::winkie:: ::smiley::

I know youre being sarcastic, but to a lot of viewers, they were not watching The Sopranos to be challenged. Yes, David Chase is brilliant, but what a lot of people got out of this show was a vicarious adventure in the mob world. To them, this was not a work of art in the sense that it has meaning, it was a work of art in the sense that it was a very highly entertaining show. Like my father for example. Hes a 50 year old guy that likes the shoot-em-up-action-with-naked-chicks-and-explosions type movies and shows, not the shows that make him think and get his mind running, so for him, and people like him, the ending was very disappointing because he has invested a lot of his time to get to this point, the point where it all ends. I can see how he feels, in a sense, cheated.

Last edited:
How is ending the series with a cut to black (it wasn't a fade to black) challenging?

They did a great job building up the suspense and anticipation in the last 4 minutes, then didn't have the balls to finish it. Everybody was kept on the edge of their seats, then nothing happened. It was arguably creative, but it wasn't artistic genius. They didn't know how to finish it, so they didn't finish it. That's the way I look at it. And they obviously left the door open to make a movie in the future, which makes it even more unsatisfactory.

Use your imagination and end the show yourself in absolutely any way you want, because anything goes. I call that being lazy, not intellectual.

^ I totally agree with you (Its hard to agree with just one side of it because I dont know which side is right). I didnt mean for you to think that I dont agree with anything youve said, because as you should know, Ive concured with you yesterday about a lot of things, its just the whole "their life going on without us" idea is hard to accept because of the shitty place they let us off at.

I have no trouble accepting that the ending could be Tony being taken out ("you never hear it when it happens") but I have a hard time accepting anything other than that, but thats just because I dont want to. I would see it as unsatisfactory.

greatspacecoaster: all seeing, all knowing, great defender of the Sopranos final episode.

what are, you David Chase in disguise?

What happens after the fade to to black? I, like everyone else watching, turn to my friend and say WHAT THE THE FUCK WAS THAT BULLSHIT??! < THAT'S THE END FOLKS!

Last edited:
trifecta said:
How is ending the series with a cut to black (it wasn't a fade to black) challenging?

They did a great job building up the suspense and anticipation in the last 4 minutes, then didn't have the balls to finish it. Everybody was kept on the edge of their seats, then nothing happened. It was arguably creative, but it wasn't artistic genius. They didn't know how to finish it, so they didn't finish it.

No, they knew exactly how to finish it... And that's how they finished it.

Just because you are so caught up in trying to find closure in a show that arguably has the greatest record for being anti-closure, doesn't mean that the ending wasn't great.

sc4t said:
david chase wanted the ending to make you think but christ some of you guys are over-analysing this way too much.

I don't think anyone can over-analyze something that they don't even understand enough to analyze in the first place. I think everyone is just trying to figure out what the fuck happened.

Can someone ban GreatSpaceCoaster from this thread?

Shut the fuck up dude. Just copy and paste the same shit, autoreply to every negative comment about the episode, and be done with it.

I know, it's great art, not everyone can "get it", you're one of the enlightened few.

Blow me.

you are much more annoying than he is, he is excited about it and discussing his views. if you don't like it, ignore him.

Re last episode:
There was a scene last night that interested me that no one has mentioned yet: the one where that Fed goes into Agent Harris's office, tells him that Leotardo's been killed, whereupon Harris looks exultant and says "We might win this!" Was Harris trying to set up Tony all this time under the premise of getting his help in catching "terrorists"?
i just took that as he was getting so involved in tony's life, and he really liked him, to the point where he was beginning to "side" with him, even though he was supposed to remain neutral. nothing more than that i thought.

dbailey11 said:
What happens after the fade to to black? I, like everyone else watching, turn to my friend any say WHAT THE THE FUCK WAS THAT BULLSHIT??! < THAT'S THE END FOLKS!

I thought for a moment that the person who had uploaded the torrent was just fucking with everyone and deleted the final scene. I must say I was a little disappointed but the more I thought about it the more fitting it seemed. With all the hype surrounding what would happen to Tony it was the only way to end it with dignity, although i think the whole season could have been more carefully crafted, it was pretty sloppy all round in that respect.

DarthMom said:
i just took that as he was getting so involved in tony's life, and he really liked him, to the point where he was beginning to "side" with him, even though he was supposed to remain neutral. nothing more than that i thought.

Yeah I think this too. Phil getting hit did nothing for the Feds case. In fact, Harris actually was the one who gave them Phil's location (generally), although they could never prove in court that that is what led to Phil's death.

I always liked Harris for some reason. He was funny, especially in those earlier episodes where he was trying to track down Tony and was always foiled. It was like watching Wile E. Coyote and the Roadrunner.

that ending sucked... i wanted Tony to get blown away or something cool

that fade to black bullshit pissed me off. lol

Regardless of if you liked the ending or not I hope you appreciate his selection of music. I can't imagine a more appropriate song for Tony's final shot. His cheesy classic rock love has been in the limelight of the show and I'm glad they left the ultimately worst song for the end. I'll be honest, I dl'd it this morning and while I listen to it I keep thinking of "the good times". :)