• Psychedelic Drugs Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

Tryptamines The Small & Handy PiPT thread

Huh, interesting. There are some absolutely glowing reports from previous times. Someone should send it to a lab for analysis.

Though I will say, freebase base tryptamines (tryptamines in general as freebases, actually) are often absolutely rank, so a strong smell might not mean anything. But not sure what form this PiPT is in.

EDIT: Oh it's fumarate.

It's the fumarate and it's in waxy chunks the same salmon color of the N,N-MiPT that I've seen. Base tryptamines are often pretty rank smelling, that's for sure! The fact that acetone washes produced a whitish powder is interesting to me, though.

As for it not being glowing, I haven't read any positive reports on it orally, just vaporized. I also fully expect the PiPTs to be enjoyable for a lot of people, but it seems like the somatic sensations are pretty different in different bodies. With 4-HO-PiPT, the experience was marked by somatic sensations, but they were neither good nor bad.

So the acetone wash was a fail on my end. The chunks were too waxy to break apart effectively. Even worse, the acetone wash did remove the pink discoloration from the PiPT that it came in contact with, and the acetone left an oily, reddish residue behind after evaporation. Worse yet, trying to recover the PiPT from the filter paper proved difficult, as the PiPT had become even softer and gooier somehow. I dissolved it in anhydrous ethanol (with a little difficulty) to try to recover it all, but then had issues when evapping it. What an expensive pain in the ass, made worse by confirmation that it appears that there are impurities in the synth.

Wow, well thanks for reporting on that regardless. Can't you just evaporate the acetone and ethanol to recover it?

That's what I'm doing, but it's really gooey. I've tried on ceramic, glass, and silicone so far.

Despite the reports of impurities I decided to take the plunge on this one today. The stuff I have is beige waxy chunks, with uniform appearance. Smell/taste is reminiscent of other tryptamines.

20mg dissolved easily in 2ml water with a few drops of vinegar (dunno if the vinegar was necessary) and was promptly boofed. Within a few minutes I started feeling very slightly out of sorts. My thoughts became slower and more bizarre. Tactical sensation felt extra soft. This feeling never intensified and I believe I was at baseline after an hour.

I've been feeling quite depressed for weeks; not sure if that factored into the (lack of) effects. I guess I'll try again at 30 or 40mg next week.

So the acetone wash was a fail on my end. The chunks were too waxy to break apart effectively. Even worse, the acetone wash did remove the pink discoloration from the PiPT that it came in contact with, and the acetone left an oily, reddish residue behind after evaporation. Worse yet, trying to recover the PiPT from the filter paper proved difficult, as the PiPT had become even softer and gooier somehow. I dissolved it in anhydrous ethanol (with a little difficulty) to try to recover it all, but then had issues when evapping it. What an expensive pain in the ass, made worse by confirmation that it appears that there are impurities in the synth.
Using a paper filter is where you went wrong. I tried an acetone wash and lost a good portion of the PiPT in a coffee filter. After that I didn't filter it and just waited a few minutes for the PiPT to settle at the bottom of the glass then removed the acetone with pipette. At first it didn't seem like the washing was working very well, but after 6 or 7 washes the PiPT became a white powder.

I've taken it one time. I think I took 60 mg at first then redosed another 30 or 40 mg a little later. It was not a very eventful trip, and to even call it a trip is a bit of a stretch. It wasn't bad, but it seems to be relatively subtle and less interesting than the average tryptamine. I think the early hype about PiPT was due to its novelty at a time when there were far fewer tryptamines on the market than there are now.

Using a paper filter is where you went wrong. I tried an acetone wash and lost a good portion of the PiPT in a coffee filter. After that I didn't filter it and just waited a few minutes for the PiPT to settle at the bottom of the glass then removed the acetone with pipette. At first it didn't seem like the washing was working very well, but after 6 or 7 washes the PiPT became a white powder.

I've taken it one time. I think I took 60 mg at first then redosed another 30 or 40 mg a little later. It was not a very eventful trip, and to even call it a trip is a bit of a stretch. It wasn't bad, but it seems to be relatively subtle and less interesting than the average tryptamine. I think the early hype about PiPT was due to its novelty at a time when there were far fewer tryptamines on the market than there are now.
Out of interest, any rough idea as to what percentage of the starting material were you left with? And did you keep the acetone wash and see what kind of 'crud' was left on evaporation?

I don't know because I lost most of the PiPT in the filter. I discarded the acetone when I finished the wash.

Afterwards I acetone washed some brown chunky MiPT fumarate I had and ended up with a light tan powder. It lost about 5% of it's mass IIRC.