• Psychedelic Drugs Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

Tryptamines The Small & Handy PiPT thread

I will definitely start low for the usual reasons, but I'm not sure if I want to be the first in the world to try it...

Still, if I were to be the first, I would start even lower than 5mg, just in case there was something bad in the synth, etc...

Why PiPT: For really no reason other than chemical-suggestion, there is no reason behind my obsession with it beside the fact that DPT and DiPT are two of my favourite tryptamines, and that taking them simultaneously provided amazing synergy and a fantastic trip. But as we have seen with other examples, substitutions like these seem to completely alter the essential effects of a drug. For example, AFAIK, there are no drugs to date, no matter how close, that precisely mimic DiPT's pitch-drop.

Without having had DIPT. The pitch drop of 5-Meo-DIPT seem's to be about the same. But with effect's that mimic LSD and/ or Psylocybine added, or maybe more a cross between em.

As a whole, the 5-Meo added psychedelic and side effect's to the trip. Vasocontrition being the most annoying one.

The influence on audio was unique though. Never had that with a psychedelic drug, so that made it worthwhile.

Without having had DIPT. The pitch drop of 5-Meo-DIPT seem's to be about the same.

I have had both, and DiPT's pitch change is in completely new territory than 5-MeO-DiPT's... if 5-MeO-DiPT is like taking one hit of acid for your ears, then DiPT is like smoking DMT for your ears. At a full dose, no sounds even resemble sounds as they used to be. Human voices sound like frog robots, birds sound like giant wire tension snapping, it's completely alien and bizarre. DiPT is very different from 5-MeO-DiPT.

So it's not in the same ballpark?

Now DIPT seem's even more bizar. Would you charactarize it more psychedelic as the 5-Methoxylated anlogue.
5-Meo-DIPT seemed very dirty in effect's. The unbareable side effect outweighing the positive ones. But the influence on pitch control was remarkeable.

Some of the Tryptamine's are really good discoveries. <3-ed 4-HO-MET and putting DIPT on my to do list.

DiPT is very unique in its effects. It definitely feels cleaner than 5-MeO-DiPT, also I would say it is more psychedelic, personally, but less visual. It's a really strange psychedelic, I find it quite profound, but you have to dose pretty high.

DiPT goes well beyond simple pitch changing, the effect it has on sound is completely transformative, but to the point that listening to music is interesting for a time, but not that enjoyable because music starts to sound like just a bunch of noise. I found it much more rewarding to go outside and listen to the world. It's an experience unlike anything else. if you don't dose high enough, it just drops pitches, but once you cross a certain threshold, it's totally unique and far stronger than 5-MeO-DiPT in its sound effects.

-- if you don't dose high enough, it just drops pitches, but once you cross a certain threshold, it's totally unique and far stronger than 5-MeO-DiPT in its sound effects.
I 've been searchin for you. But now where to be found, at least not next to 5-meo-DIPT.

I 'll settle for 4-Ho-MET

I did 5-meo-dipt, 4-ho-dipt, and 4-aco-dipt quite a few times in the early 2000s and early 2010's, and never experienced any noticable changes in auditory perception at doses ranging from 4mg to 50mg. I was actually disappointed that I didn't get to experience the distorted auditory perception, having tried 5-meo-dipt, 4-ho-dipt, and 4-aco-dipt without ever experienced that particularly novel effect.

I haven't tried dipt itself yet, so this one will be fairly highly prioritized once I get done with my kratom taper and can feel alive without kratom in my system at all times. Theres a few compounds on my list to try above dipt. I wish I had any kind of timetable for these assays, but need to be in a proper headspace for lab ratting myself with random, unheard of chemicals...

I did 5-meo-dipt, 4-ho-dipt, and 4-aco-dipt quite a few times in the early 2000s and early 2010's, and never experienced any noticable changes in auditory perception at doses ranging from 4mg to 50mg. I was actually disappointed that I didn't get to experience the distorted auditory perception, having tried 5-meo-dipt, 4-ho-dipt, and 4-aco-dipt without ever experienced that particularly novel effect.

I haven't tried dipt itself yet, so this one will be fairly highly prioritized once I get done with my kratom taper and can feel alive without kratom in my system at all times. Theres a few compounds on my list to try above dipt. I wish I had any kind of timetable for these assays, but need to be in a proper headspace for lab ratting myself with random, unheard of chemicals...
excuse me for digging a bit offtopic but:...
I recommend you to take kratom 3-5 times a week maximum. I usually take 2-8 grams a day, sometimes twice a day, but preferably once, and well, the maximum days I did in a row were 2-3 weeks, normally I do some breaks of one and four days between doses. Been using it for almost 3 years, without building a lot of tolerance (it affects me properly but I do not normally the burst of mental/body euphoria in the beggining like the first year..) so I didn't rise the dosage... that's the main risk I think, specially cause the half-life of other components (not only mytragynine and derivatives) should be quite long so it affects the entire feeling of the experience if you don't let them leave your system..

I did 5-meo-dipt, 4-ho-dipt, and 4-aco-dipt quite a few times in the early 2000s and early 2010's, and never experienced any noticable changes in auditory perception at doses ranging from 4mg to 50mg.

So the only good about 5-Meo-DIPT. Take the pitch and the akin to Acid feel, the first was not even a typical effect. I seem the only one of our group that had it, you guy's didn't get it. Weird.

Makes me wanna try it out one more time. But that dosages you took 50mg. That is quite a rock, my balls would be in my neck I think. Will need to be on a lot of Benzo's before going there. And my sudden epileptic insult's prevent me from going that road.

Taking care of ones self is nr. 1 priority.

I wholly agree with Xorkoth's above posts. 5-MeO-DiPT distorts (not enhances) sound to an extent, but this effect pales in comparison with DiPT.

The suggestion that DiPT's aural effects yield better results outdoors is very true, especially in nature -- moving water, animal sounds, rustling leaves, for example, can make for a much more profound experience than by listening to grossly mutilated music. While it's interesting to listen to your favorite art while on DiPT, you're probably not going to get much insight from it -- ten to twenty minutes should suffice, for shits and giggles, and novelty value, but that's it.

At the right dose, I consider DiPT to be a potentially rather deep experience. On the other hand, 5-MeO-DiPT, while often fun and rewarding in its own way, is much less useful for going deep and perhaps learn something.

^ Your perceptions echo mine exactly. 4-HO/AcO-DiPT and 5-MeO-DiPT are not even remotely in the same ballpark for audio distortion as DiPT is. DiPT has an utterly unique effect among all known psychedelics. I think of it as DMT for your ears. A lot of early reports (including in TIHKAL) suggested it has no headspace at all, but that has not been my experience whatsoever, I find it quite mentally altering and even quite deep at sufficient dosage.

I'll also repeat what lamanogauncha said, you might think that DiPT would be the ultimate drug for listening to music, but music is actually quite strange and even unpleasant on it, if you achieve full distortion (lower dosages simply drop pitch but intervals remain consistent, but full doses cause all interval relationships to go out the window and even some pitches to no longer sound like a pitch at all but rather some bizarre pitchless sound). My main full-dose experience (also my first DiPT experience and one of my early psychedelic experiences), I listened to music for the first hour... it was great as the effects were building, but then at a certain point it just started to sound like noise, quite jarring even. It was at that point that I went outside, and the experience became utterly astounding and magical.

I also find it more difficult to interact with people on DiPT than on almost any other psychedelic because all voices, including your own, sound like robotic alien frogs... it is truly disorienting to try to converse in such a state.

Anyway this isn't the DiPT thread, is it? 😁

Psychonauts usually pay attention to visual queues to gauge how hard they are tripping. Since DiPT offers virtually nothing in this department, trippers tend to ignore what is going on in their mind -- their thinking and cognition -- and instead focus on a futile search for visual effects. This contributes to the erroneous idea that this drug offers little headspace. DiPT can yield abundant headspace. For example, if I remember correctly, the late MGS had a ++++ experience with a mere 50mg of the stuff taken orally.

Anyhow, this is indeed the PiPT thread, so I'm going to get the PiPT out of here and leave you guys to discuss this rare chemical. Cheers.

Yes he did, though it may have been 70mg. My main experience with it was with 50mg, orally, and it was a strong +3.

So the only good about 5-Meo-DIPT. Take the pitch and the akin to Acid feel, the first was not even a typical effect. I seem the only one of our group that had it, you guy's didn't get it. Weird.

Makes me wanna try it out one more time. But that dosages you took 50mg. That is quite a rock, my balls would be in my neck I think. Will need to be on a lot of Benzo's before going there. And my sudden epileptic insult's prevent me from going that road.

Taking care of ones self is nr. 1 priority.
Keep in mind that my highest doses of 5-meo-dipt came during a binge in which I had worked up a bitch of a tolerance. I started in the single digit range and found that tolerance built up faster than with any other psychedelic I've tried. It was all from the same gram over about 6 months. Initially, less than 10mg was sufficient, but after dosing several times a week over several months, tolerance was inevitable. It's not exactly my proudest moment lol. I probably should have mentioned massive tolerance in connection with doses that high, because I don't want to see other people take a dose that high and end up in their personal hell or in an emergency room. I'll make an effort to make sure I mention the level of tolerance when speaking of my highest doses. Thanks for pointing that out👍 I can't believe I forgot to include that very salient detail 😳

excuse me for digging a bit offtopic but:...
I recommend you to take kratom 3-5 times a week maximum. I usually take 2-8 grams a day, sometimes twice a day, but preferably once, and well, the maximum days I did in a row were 2-3 weeks, normally I do some breaks of one and four days between doses. Been using it for almost 3 years, without building a lot of tolerance (it affects me properly but I do not normally the burst of mental/body euphoria in the beggining like the first year..) so I didn't rise the dosage... that's the main risk I think, specially cause the half-life of other components (not only mytragynine and derivatives) should be quite long so it affects the entire feeling of the experience if you don't let them leave your system..
No worries about an off topic post here and there. I'm in the process of my 2nd attempt at a slow taper to get away from using kratom at such high doses. I'm stabilized at 50g/day split into 15g in the morning, 10g in the afternoon, and 25g at night. I'm down more than 50% compared to a few weeks ago when I started on montelukast and it completely screwed up my metabolism of both kratom and my Rx alprazolam. For a few days, I was taking 30g 4x daily just to avoid withdrawal.

My Dr had to significantly increase my benzodiazepine dose, as my blood plasma levels were nowhere close to what they should have been. Now that the montelukast has cleared my system and my metabolism is back to normal, I'm back trying to get clean.

I dont intend to stop using kratom entirely as it works better than opiates and gabapentinoids for nerve damage resulting from a serious injury last September than resulted in a ruptured disk at c6-c7, torn trapezious, torn rotator cuff, and broken collarbone. I have seizures from most traditional opiates, so kratom was my best option for pain post surgery. I know it wasn't the best plan, but it was the best I could do with the circumstances I was dealing with.

Prior to my neck injury, I had used kratom responsibly for upwards of a decade, dosing 7-10g 2 of 3 nights on average and had no withdrawal symptoms before my injury. I ended up dosing 3x daily at doses of 8g, then 10g and so on until I was taking around 75g daily. Once my pain started to really subside, I started tapering and got down to 27g/day prior to starting the montelukast. Though I don't intend to continue taking such high doses, it's going to take a while to taper back down in relatively reasonable doses and not needing kratom every day.

I appreciate the concern though, good looking out👍

Sounds nice! I will try to get some I think. But more excited for PiPT itself.

Same here. It seems most people are all about the 4-HO tryptamines, but I think the simple tryptamines are really underappreciated.

"Like other tryptamines I've bought from the same vendor, this batch of PiPT that's being sold right now seems kind of impure. It is made up of hard waxy chunks with a strong smell. I would recommend an acetone wash for anyone who doesn't like ingesting random synthesis byproducts. Put your PiPT in a shot glass, add some dry acetone, crush it up with a stirring rod or something, and remove the acetone. Repeat several times until you end up with a nice off-white powder."

and

"After being being curious about PiPT for a long time, I finally got my hands on some PiPT fumarate last week. I took about 100mg of it orally. The first thing I noticed was a feeling of relaxation and euphoria. It was a slow gradual come up, nice and gentle with no nausea. Everything began to look softer and colors were altered a little bit.

When the trip reached its peak everything about it was still pretty subtle. There wasn't too much going on visually, but there seemed to be this colored haze which reminded me of the visuals from MiPT. I was surprised by the lack of body load. Mentally I felt mostly sober, but there was a bit of a dreamy feeling.

Despite the mildness of the effects, I somehow felt like I had taken a strong dose of the drug. I'm not sure how to explain it. I felt like if I had taken a higher dose it would have been too much. PiPT is like a ghost, trying to remain mostly unnoticed even when in full effect. The subtleness of it reminded me of DALT.

My overall impression of PiPT is that it isn't particularly interesting but can be an enjoyable experience. I have experience with a lot of tryptamines, and PiPT is one of the mildest in effect. If I had to compare it with something I would say it's most like a weaker version of MiPT.

Unlike the two trip reports I've read about PiPT, it didn't make me feel particularly horny. I do find MiPT to be one of the most erotic drugs though, so I guess I can see how PiPT could have that potential since they have some similarities."

I saw this in a post on another forum and decided to share it here. I will be following their advice and doing an acetone wash. It's hard to extrapolate much from their description of an oral dose--a lot of base tryptamines are boring when taken orally. Still, this does sound pretty in line with what I'm expecting based on my 4-HO-PiPT experience: dreamy, mostly non-visual, feels weird somatically, and not erotic.