• 🇳🇿 🇲🇲 🇯🇵 🇨🇳 🇦🇺 🇦🇶 🇮🇳
    Australian & Asian
    Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • AADD Moderators: swilow | Vagabond696

The 'quit smoking' thread

katmeow said:
I'd imagine they would be able to get some idea of the damage by doing an xray. You'd be able to get a referral for that from your gp. If you have a health care card, I think most xrays are bulk-billed but you can always check with your gp. If you could even cut down to half a pack a day for several weeks, that would save you a bit of money if it did turn out to be a scan that comes at some sort of expense.

Thanks... I thought as much. It's so stupid of me to still be smoking especially when i feel there really could be something wrong. I mean, whats it going to take for me to quit? My son has been at me for years about it. He's so good at the guilt thing "you're going to die if you don't quit mum" added with those big puppy eyes looking at me follwed by and "I love you"

Fuck! If i can't do it for me i should be doing it for him and the fact that i'm still smoking makes me feel like a really selfish bitch and i hate that! grrrrrrrrr

ps - I really want to read that Carr book. Have heard so many positive things about it.

doofqueen, you should just get it - there's nothing to fear because he actually recommends you KEEP smoking (not even cut down) until you've completely finished the book. :D So there's no pressure to quit while you're reading it, and if you get to the end and you're not completely excited and rapt about the prospect of quitting, you just don't. You haven't lost anything.

You should get the original one "Easy Way to Quit Smoking" though, don't bother with the sequel I'm reading, it's full of a lot of unecessary waffle before it gets to the point IMO.

Stop's Me Smokin' Cigarette's, Sorta... & It's A "Falcon".... Worn In... Best Pipe's

Well, I couldn't find the smokin' thread,
so,
well,
the anti-smokin' thread will do...

Borkum Riff Outta Mad Sherlock-Type Pipe...

Black-Cavendish.

Brilliant.

What can I say..

...it's a good change...
...as I've been accus'ed of bein' a "gay-monster(?)"
an' such smokin' it,
you tend to slow yo' smokin',
as pipe smokin' is frown'd upon
even umongst hardcore 16 mg
smokaz....,
so you tend to not do it in places
which you may get beaten up in...

Or wanna react to said ^
if yo' smart...

But it's the bomb,
plus I solve mysteries,
am' allowed
(technically, not financially or healthily)
to shoot coke,
an' get mad respect fo' $22-...
cool-smiley-020.gif

PEACE
UnSquare

GOLD!
:\

^^^ Hahaha... out with you and your filfy tobaccy sir, it's no smoking in this thread. :D

ps. 2 weeks tomorrow! MazDan how are you doing?

Strawberry_lovemuffin said:
^^^ Hahaha... out with you and your filfy tobaccy sir, it's no smoking in this thread. :D

ps. 2 weeks tomorrow! MazDan how are you doing?

Wow its been 4.5 weeks now and Im finding its getting easier.

Still get the odd pang but nothing like 2-3 weeks ago.

Im going well.

woohoo.

edit: found

m4dd0g said:
I dont mean to trivialise it. But i think a lot of people cant quit because they fight addiction with logic. When the junky voice slams you up against the wall it is very easy to break a logical argument. Addiction (like emotion and faith) doesnt work in the realm of reason.

I found it insanely hard to quit and it it took everything i am to be able to do it. Now, without addiction i can say: 'i shouldnt smoke, its stupid' and it works.

Ive a fair idea what my subconscious motivation was but without knowing the type of person i am you would probably think its bullshit and/or a passing fancy.

top post & very true.

Last edited:
Your all a bunch of quitters!

and i mean that in the best possible way, good on you guys keep it up

I had a dream last night that I stuck a ciggarette in my mouth and went to light it, even had the lighter lit - then (in my dream) decided not to smoke it. Even in my dreams I'm good :D

In reality this is becoming a piece of piss! I'm really enjoying being a non-smoker now. The morning coffee thing doesn't bother me now. I can even have a glass of wine and not want a smoke. (a small glass of wine, since *cough* pregnant and all. :D)

The smell of smoke is now really really noticeable to me, on Dale, and especially when he smokes in the car... never ever noticed it before, but it's really quite rank. Don't worry I haven't turned into a non-smoking nazi, haven't said a word to him - it's his perogative to smoke or not, but he's kindly been going outside now which is great.

Strawberry_lovemuffin said:
The smell of smoke is now really really noticeable to me, on Dale, and especially when he smokes in the car... never ever noticed it before, but it's really quite rank. Don't worry I haven't turned into a non-smoking nazi, haven't said a word to him - it's his perogative to smoke or not, but he's kindly been going outside now which is great.

Ohh jesus yes. How fuckin bad is it.

Bloody smokers are disgusting and should be more considerate of us non smokers.

I reckon they should have all there rights to smoke in buildings and other public areas taken right away from them. Hell, if I was boss cockey then I wouldnt even let them smoke in a pub and i would make them feel like a second rate citizen as well............either that or just kill them all, but I think the first punishment would be worse.

MazDan said:
Ohh jesus yes. How fuckin bad is it.

Bloody smokers are disgusting and should be more considerate of us non smokers.

I reckon they should have all there rights to smoke in buildings and other public areas taken right away from them. Hell, if I was boss cockey then I wouldnt even let them smoke in a pub and i would make them feel like a second rate citizen as well............either that or just kill them all, but I think the first punishment would be worse.

Um, no. :eek:

So,
How long would you heavy smokers say the noticeable craving last for?

I wasn't a heavy smoker, but my physical cravings - lasted about a week. Peaking in the first couple of days and tapering off after 3 days to barely noticeable after 7. Now there's nothing at all. I just sat through a 3 hour meeting without feeling like I was going to kill someone ... was much more pleasant than twitching away, head thumping, lungs burning, not listening to a word being said, just thinking shutthefuckup and wrap this motherfucker up I need a ciggie!!.

ps. I think that was MazDan being ironic in the last post ;)

Everytime i see this thread i want a cigarette! I think i've given up quitting completely quitting that is. Think il just be an occasional smoker now lol Which is okay in my eyes. There's the car ciggy, the after a big meal ciggy, the stress ciggy, the im really bored ciggy, the social ciggy, the alcohol ciggy'sss, the coffee ciggy, and can't think of any more right now. But there are some really enjoyable smoking moments that im not ready to give up completely yet. I cut down easily (ish) from being a heavy smoker. So thaaat's good enough for me atm :)

The hard part lasted about two weeks for me but the toughest was about day 2-5 and after that it slowly dropped off.

Even now I still go through stages of wanting them, just not as many per day and not as hard to change my thinking.

I'm quitting again for the 4th time on the 20th of this month.
I don't smoke all that many per day, but I've been smoking for about 15-16 years, and it's really starting to effect me.
Had a chocking fit yesterday which was insane, I'm 30, and I wheeze when I breath now :|
I dont care about the whole smoking habit thing as such, I have an inhaler. it has worked on long flights, so I am going to use it, was on the microtabs for around 9 months, swapped habits, but felt so much better from using them and I need to for the kiddos :)

Ill keep ya posted :)

rm2x said:
I'm quitting again for the 4th time on the 20th of this month.
I don't smoke all that many per day, but I've been smoking for about 15-16 years, and it's really starting to effect me.
Had a chocking fit yesterday which was insane, I'm 30, and I wheeze when I breath now :|
I dont care about the whole smoking habit thing as such, I have an inhaler. it has worked on long flights, so I am going to use it, was on the microtabs for around 9 months, swapped habits, but felt so much better from using them and I need to for the kiddos :)

Ill keep ya posted :)

Good luck man.

I found it best to plan it a bit in advance and determine a date and then stick to it like glue knowing in advance there was gunna be some pain but that it would pass.
Think of the money your saving to..........I have done heaps to my truck with the money saved.

Just do it man.

MazDan said:
Good luck man.

I found it best to plan it a bit in advance and determine a date and then stick to it like glue knowing in advance there was gunna be some pain but that it would pass.
Think of the money your saving to..........I have done heaps to my truck with the money saved.

Just do it man.

Thanks brother :)

yeah, got the plan in place, also have the will power at the moment

it shall hurt, but the worst of it is only a week long....... fuck it's not smack or anything!

have a good support network to help me too, that's been a bonus :)

thanks for you kind words mate, it means alot :)

*Joins rm2x's cheer squad*

Gimme an R... gimme an m.... gimme a 2... gimme an x!!

Good luck mate! Think of it as a positive thing, a gift to yourself, rather than a denial or a sacrifice. That helped me.