• 🇳🇿 🇲🇲 🇯🇵 🇨🇳 🇦🇺 🇦🇶 🇮🇳
    Australian & Asian
    Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • AADD Moderators: swilow | Vagabond696

The 'quit smoking' thread

Interesting.

I to like things to be organised but not to that degree.

And I do like spur of the moment stuff if its not clashing..........its the spice of life.

Strawberry_lovemuffin said:
A lot of it is, sadly, yes. I tend to create myself routines and get very attached to them - shopping Saturday mornings, every Thursday night I'll plan out my whole meals for a week including snacks, have routines like a glass of wine/ crackers only Friday nights... I really hate anything sprung on me, will not answer a ringing phone.

Yeah I'm a bit Rainman. :|
My god, that is my definition of hell right there 8(

Has anyone seen the heatbar yet?

20070627100559d1c55_200x180.jpg

Wonder if you can smoke weed through it too?

Page 8 fo' My Opinion...

I just re:taken up
Borkum Riff
which do'n't
count asssssssssssssmokin'
because
IT'S A PIPE!

Amazing...
Like that show that goes
A-a-A-Amazin'!

An',
once again,
I look dig-nified...

Cool.
How I Am.

Suckaz.
UnSIVaShitopeepsthatclaimIamacancersomeone'sgotta-ex-pain.
cool-smiley-013.gif

Fa,Q,There Aint A Pipe-Smokin' Smilie In Gunshot

Last edited:
woohoo 15 days and still goin strong.

Startin to get a bit easier now.

Even had a call from Quit people congradulatin me.

I feel special.

I'll Get One Jus' So Others Can Smoke... Ax Someone...

With ref.. to Cap. C.F.

"People aren't going to want to carry an apparatus around with them – it is like hanging a sign round their neck saying ‘I'm an addict.' "

Funny.
I gots lotsa pockets.

Thx fo' the link...

PEACE
unS
:)

MazDan said:
woohoo 15 days and still goin strong.

Startin to get a bit easier now.

Even had a call from Quit people congradulatin me.

I feel special.

Congrats!!! :)

As of this morning, I now have one left in my last packet. I don't intend buying any more. Might leave that last one for a final hurrah on Friday after work, then consider myself a "true" non-smoker from thereon. After cutting down to 3 a day and easily being able to go 8.5 hours during the day without one, I don't believe I'm actually addicted to nicotine per se anymore. It's just about the habits and associations I've created surrounding it that are lingering on.

Been reading Allan Carr's "The Only Way to Stop Smoking Permanently" and it's really interesting. It's the sequel to his mega-popular "Easy Way to Stop Smoking" book, and while it's long and waffly, it's really helping me challenge the ideas I held about smoking and the emotional attachments I've created to it. He argues it's 90% in your head; which I totally agree on. Even if you've quit, you're still a smoker if you feel deprived - you've got to get to the point where you're completely happy being a non-smoker and never want one again, because your brain and your beliefs have been rewired.

Congrats MazDan!!!!!!!!!!8o =D =D

Keep it up! It is soooo well worth it. You've gotten past the hardest part.

Strawberry, that's interesting about Allan Carr. I have been a non-smoker now for 11 months exactly. I STILL crave the little bastards!

It's mostly when I am rolling or drinking that the urge becomes almost unbearable. I actually had 3 puffs off my friend's ciggy last weekend at a music festival. It was WONDERFUL!

Because it was so good, I will stay away. I know better than to think I could do that once in a while and be right. It would take me right back to 15 cigarettes a day in a minute,

Quitters and getting-ready-to-be-quitters, don't bargain with your selves. Quit and KEEP it that way. It has made me feel a lot better, I get sick about 1/5 of the times I used to than when I was a smoker, and I am no longer hocking up black mucous every morning.:)

rhythmdaddy said:
Strawberry, that's interesting about Allan Carr. I have been a non-smoker now for 11 months exactly. I STILL crave the little bastards!

^ He would argue that you're still hooked. And that it's just a matter of time before you slide back down the precipice. I haven't got to the part of the book yet where he explains exactly how you manage to become a "Happy non-smoker" but the gist I'm getting is that you really need to strip away all the emotional contructs you've made up, and see smoking for what it really is - unnatural, filthy and weird.

But most of us have thoughts like, "But I really enjoy smoking", "I need it to relax" or "I can't have a glass of wine without one" or "I love that smoke after a meal" (every smoke in your packet is the same, they're not different flavours! :D) All of that's bullshit when you break it down, it's all made up in your head. It's these thoughts that keep smokers addicted, not the nicotine... and it's these perpetuating thoughts which will eventually override the willpower, or even if you have surpreme willpower, just keep you feeling miserable and deprived for the rest of your life.

To never ever even crave one again - never miss it, and never feel in the slightest that you're missing out, is to be completely free. Very interesting concept!!

Last edited:
I really really really really have to quit soon. My lungs hurt so much and feel so heavy and being sick it's far worse than normal. I walk everywhere so body wise i'm fit in that regard but lung wise lately i'm just SO out of breath. Where do you go to get a lung scan or whatever it is they do to check if you have lung cancer etc? Doctors for a referral? Does it cost a lot of money? I'm really pretty worried about my lungs. 15 years worth of smoking half a pk to a pk a day has got to have done something bad to me. What a stupid habit to have started and continued :(

I keep picturing myself as that guy in the ads hooked to all the machines with the little girl telling him about her day and saying "you should have been there daddy" and then the parents look at each other all sad. This ad really gets to me and i fear it will be me :(

Doofqueen, that sounds very much like the early stages of emphasema. I also started having breathing problems recently and that helped to push me to give up.
Amazingly after having 3 months of problems within a week I could tekll I was breathing better and now its pretty much back to normal.

If that doesnt tell you something then nothing will.

SLM..........interesting what that book has to say..............may be some truth in it becuse I definitely still miss the reward smoke the most and its the one that bugs me but only that one.

I havent been in a situation where there has been drinking or drugs yet so that test is still to come. Maybe this weekend.

And also thasnks to everyone fore the encouragement, means a lot.

Come on SLM...........I dare you to put that last smoke in the toilet right now.

Are You A Nail-Biter, Mrs. CD?

Baby Piker ;) said:
unnatural, filthy and weird.

As I drink my
Chardonnikas,
an' drag on my pipe,
I feel that you
MADE THAT SHIT UP INYO' HEAD
...Boy I must sound mean atm machine....

Sorry.

Go fo' GOLD!

Oh,
& I love you
and am really proud...
...of ya...

But you know that...

;) ;)

LOVE
Mr. B
:)

Slide? Bit Tasteless Of Me... But I'm Payin' 'tention To Your No Pain Thang

P.S.: are you gonna pickituppa gen when said beautiful person slides out?

confused-smiley-007.gif

haha I can picture you with a pipe to Uns. The pipe nestled snuggly in one hand and the other clenching a drink.

^
M'a'dDan...
This,
I thunk is tha 2nd Pic I Posted on BL.
Evaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa!

Evvvva!

Oh,
an' I convinced my w(if)e
to walk & get Burger's...

Can' wait...

5thNiteDigginPipe.jpg

Borkum Riff
be tha
shif(t)

cool-smiley-017.gif

PEACE
UnS

P.S. Where the fuck doeth a bro findeth a Pipe-Smokin'-Smilie?????????

doofqueen said:
Where do you go to get a lung scan or whatever it is they do to check if you have lung cancer etc? Doctors for a referral? Does it cost a lot of money?

I'd imagine they would be able to get some idea of the damage by doing an xray. You'd be able to get a referral for that from your gp. If you have a health care card, I think most xrays are bulk-billed but you can always check with your gp. If you could even cut down to half a pack a day for several weeks, that would save you a bit of money if it did turn out to be a scan that comes at some sort of expense.

If you want a guaranteed way of getting it x-rayed for free just practice wheezing and go and sit in casualty for 63 hours at your local public hospital.