• 🇳🇿 🇲🇲 🇯🇵 🇨🇳 🇦🇺 🇦🇶 🇮🇳
    Australian & Asian
    Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • AADD Moderators: swilow | Vagabond696

The 'quit smoking' thread

i quit for about a day a little while ago...still smoking :( i need to right now :(

I find that the cravings become unbearable when on any stimulants, even caffeine. So it's probably something to avoid when quitting.

I'm going to make a go of quitting in a couple of weeks. I've been pretty sick the last week or so because of a tonsil infection from smoking too much. I'm really, really sick of it and find it a disgusting habit and I know I need to stop soon. Realised that I went through three packs on Saturday night at Redraw (yes, haha, I was surrounded by fags)... fingers crossed.
[ 28 January 2003: Message edited by: hoptis ]

went cold turkey 3 weeks ago, have been tested out in a drinking environment, in which i would usually kill for a smoke (beer and ciggies go so well together) but i passed!!
have been getting some withdrawl symptoms but they are starting to go so hopefully this will be for good this time!!
the big test will be when i go to a party again ;)

considering buying patches
anyone tried them? only want to get them cause i get major cravings when i work cause work is so boring!
let me know what you think of them

Originally posted by doofqueen:
i think the patches do work if u have a strong will to quit aswell...i used em when i quite 4 my ex gf and it did take the actual nicotine cravings away but the hardest thing to quit was the hand mouth habbit action...it would have worked 4 me i think if i really wanted 2 quit at the time and not 4 someone else ...which is my main reason 4 quitting now (wanting to taste and smell better 4 partner...not cos they want me to) but im not ready 2 give it up just yet i dont think...gimme a few days,,, :p
thats what i think of the patches anyway :)

cheers doofqueen!
i havent had one for nearly a month now, but the urge is still there sometimes thats why i am considering the patches!
but i dedfinitely have a strong will to quit this time cause i really want to get back to a reasonable fitness level and smoking wont help that!

The patches really work - for me anyway. I've given up twice using them and both times they got rid of those physical cravings. Before I gave up I noted down the times when I had a cigarette and apart from when I went out drinking/partying (and smoking heaps) they followed a regular pattern - like every 1 hour 45 or whatever. The patches stopped that dead, leaving me to the psychological battle...
That being said I only used them for the 1st week or two, then another week or two with a patch every 2nd day, rather than following the instructions. Doon, if you've managed to get to a month without smoking and nicotine, I really suggest you *don't* use patches cos it will only put nicotine into your body and may make you crave it more. I've got a couple of friends who've stopped but still have gums/lozenges every day - they get the shakes and cravings for them, so while they've got rid of the smoke and harmful chems they're still addicted...
I gave up on Labour Day last year and though getting through Xmas was hard, am finding it easier all the time. I gave up with a group of people and really recommend quitting with others if you can - not wanting to be the weak link that caves in first is a powerful deterrent!
good luck to everyone :)
[ 31 January 2003: Message edited by: trog ]

yeah its actually weird how i havent had one for quite awhile now!
i loved it so much, but made a promise to myself to stop so i guess my determination has helped me!
plus i want to see if i can outlast boppychick!! ;)

Smokes went down in cost here again.
Fuck it. There goes my reasons.
I have cut down to about 15 a day now, so if that's not good, it's at least less bad. Or not. Whatever.
Anyone can quit smoking.
It takes real character to beat lung cancer.

Now I call myself a true social smoker in the sense I ONLY smoke when I’m out drinking or on the pills. I’ve recently stopped while drinking which wasn’t too tough but goddam it if I cannot smoke when I’m on the pills. What is it with MDMA and nicotine that just makes you feel so goood. I’ve managed to cut down to just bumming a drag or two off friends on a big night. Which has cut me down a fair bit but took extreme willpower If anyone has hints to help that craving that only pills give you please enlighten me as it’s the only time I can’t help myself.

ok ive quit! one day at a time...slowly but surely...i will make it....
:)
that is until i kill someone first

passed a big test the other night, a smoker was round at my house when i was drinking, offered me a smoke, i took it in my hand and was seriously contemplating having it, but then i thought fuck i havent had one for a month now why do it again, so i put the smoke back in the pack and kept drinking!!
i am proud of my will power! :)

There are several reasons why I'm in such a shitty mood today. One of them is that I haven't smoked a cigarette in 4 days.
Wonder how long I can keep this up..

Homer: well boy its been 2 hours how do u feel?
Bart: I kinda feel like a cigarette.
Homer: thats a good start, lets get you a pack, whats your brand?
Bart: Anything Slim!
arghhhhh i really want a cigarette. HELP