Australian & Asian
    Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • AADD Moderators: swilow | Vagabond696

The 'quit smoking' thread

Originally posted by GlowGurlz:
*throws full packet in bin*
Thats it no more.... havent had a smoke in about......6 days.... feeling pretty good actually.......For some reason i woke up and ciggies didnt smell to good n e more :( .. Oooh well....... onto a smoke free life
*bounces off*

Well Done :) :)

been smoking for 8 years, and have switched to social smoking for about a year now. have stopped smoking on and off without actually trying to quit, the taste and smell just doesnt appeal anymore. just didnt feel like lighting up much anymore.
recently started having breathing problems. could be allergies or asthma brought on by dog hair (i recently moved in with friends who have a dog) even though i never had asthma. plus, ive also caught the flu for the millionth time this year. so, ive officially quit.
lung cancer? no thanks.
:)

do patches really work ???
i mean it really..... it looks like a piece of paper stuck to your arm

they work for some people. *shrug* they never really helped me but i find most of my addiction is to the hand-to-mouth action of smoking... it gives me something to do with my hands.

i think the patches do work if u have a strong will to quit aswell...i used em when i quite 4 my ex gf and it did take the actual nicotine cravings away but the hardest thing to quit was the hand mouth habbit action...it would have worked 4 me i think if i really wanted 2 quit at the time and not 4 someone else ...which is my main reason 4 quitting now (wanting to taste and smell better 4 partner...not cos they want me to) but im not ready 2 give it up just yet i dont think...gimme a few days,,, :p

Day 2...
Seems to be going ok. However, I'm out of finger nails to chew on. Concentrating on growing them again has kept the urge to light up inside RPA's maternity ward to a manageable degree.
:|

For the sake of my friends sanity, I don't think I should ever quit. I am one grouchy lady when I'm nicotine deprived.
Huuuuge respect to anyone who can actually accomplish it.

Everyone, i recommend doing alot of exercise!
The first time i quit, i went straight down and joined a gym. I worked out every single day for about and hour and a half a day and i felt amazing! I hardly got any withdraw symptoms... as i kept telling myself "Why would you wanna go and ruin your whole exercise by now having a fag?" and i didnt look back..
Until 3 years later when i met my ex... i had already quit the gym by then as i didnt have time to go anymore :( and i started taking pills pretty hard too... AND he was a chain smoker, so in no time i took it up.
For my new years resolution, i shall be quitting again and going back to gym!
Im scared, but i can do it!
~*Vamp*~

i quit 'cold turkey' a little over a year ago. it really sucked at first, but i kept in mind something i had read in one of those weird little books they keep near the registers at bookstores, which i always feel compelled to look through. but i digress..
- ask yourself what's the worst that could happen if you don't have a cigarette RIGHT NOW?
.. usually you can distract your mouth/brain wiht gum or something, and your nictoine craving will pass within 5-10 mins
for me, the cravings became less and less over the first month or so til i just didnt think bout ciggies anymore..
though i must admit i can still be tempted by a joint..

I quit smoking cold turkey two weeks ago.
Havn't had one since but fuck it is hard.
This is the last time too. It has to work this time. If it doesn't i fear i will be doomed to die a terrible early deth a smoker :(
But that wont happen coz i willnever touch the things again... please i hope :)
:D

Ive been smoking cones for a very very long time!
And im about to light another!!!
GOOD LUCK my freinds

congrats to all the people that have actually managed to quit...i can't be bothered going back to the other pages, so i just see haste, but congrats to the rest of you as well :)
!brad

damn nice way to quit backos, give me your smokes and i start puffing away all thursday night and get the nickname *chimney*
*sore throat*

ive quit once...smoking now but. i find that if they arent around me *as in smokes* then i dont have cravings...i just have to keep myself busy...but if i am bored or have money then i am fucked :( i doooooo need to quit but...just not yet
[ 27 January 2003: Message edited by: *starfalls69* ]