• 🇳🇿 🇲🇲 🇯🇵 🇨🇳 🇦🇺 🇦🇶 🇮🇳
    Australian & Asian
    Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • AADD Moderators: swilow | Vagabond696

The 'quit smoking' thread

meh smoke now ... suffer later.

ive tried to quit on numerous occasions ... but have always succumbed back .... fuckit. we're gonna die anyways.

I find smoking pot instead of ciggies also helps to quit ciggies for little while, but I always end up smoking too much, and takes away all my engery, motivation and always out of puff........ so thats out of the question for me. =D

I have no desire to quit ciggies at the moment, my mum just returned from Norfolk Island, and brought me a carton of duty free Benson and Hedges's Special Filter....... sometimes I find if I buy a carton of ciggies, I smoke more, thats why I never buy cartons of ciggies, they just make me smoke like a chimmey. 8)

I am still a pack a day smoker.....still go to the gym 4-5 days a week, and my job is very physical, and I dont often get out of puff, I unload a truckload of products 5 days a week for 8 hours straight, I am talking about average 20-30 pallets of stuff. But if you try make me run for a mile or two I will be flat out on the ground gasping for air. :\

I find when I give up ciggies, I find myself drinking less, and eat more.... because I find when I drink I smoke more, as I am pretty heavy drinker, but I am no pisshead, just drink a lot. 8(

So I will give up ciggies when I am in the right mood, and I have learnt the hard way that the best way to give up ciggies is don't tell anyone that you are trying to give up ciggies because all my mates make fun and always offer me ciggies, teasing me..."wanna a ciggie (inhales).....you sure?" 8( so I just tell them, no thanks, had one while back, and I am sorted for now.... but sometimes I just like holding a ciggie in my fingers and its not even lighted, and sometimes I find annoying when my mates noticed I am holding a unlighted ciggie and they go "oh, you need a lighter (and they flick the lighter on) there ya go.. here's a lighter" and put near me to light up my ciggie...... anyone find the same as me? just like the habit/used to holding ciggies but dont even want it to be lighted?

Urbie %)

^^^
but sometimes I just like holding a ciggie in my fingers and its not even lighted, and sometimes I find annoying when my mates noticed I am holding a unlighted ciggie and they go "oh, you need a lighter (and they flick the lighter on) there ya go.. here's a lighter" and put near me to light up my ciggie...... anyone find the same as me? just like the habit/used to holding ciggies but dont even want it to be lighted?

Yes...the ol....'i know i shouldn't light it but i must now' scenario....Yes i can relate...something to hold...it's nice....its social security lol
Snappa

I gave up four months ago and still going strong... this is the fifth time i have quit but I am confident I can stray off them for good this time, the more you fail the better you get....... best advise I can give to someone giving up (especially if you like to induldge yourself with the occasional pill) is this..... If you can justify having "JUST ONE", then you could certinaly justify having a second one.... don't have the "just one"...... best of luck!;)

lostpunk5545 said:
^ Do what I do and subsitute eating with drinking alcohol...

and replace one addiction with another?

maybe i should just have mre sex...

^ That could help... Then again in my case not... I started smoking as a way of dealing with a break up with an ex(Like 4 years ago). Recently we started seeing each other and broke up again...

Damn I need a cigarette!

5 days and counting.. resisted when 2 other friends lit up last night.. carn the quitting..
found meself a girl who doesn't smoke.. the best incentive ;)

moved out of home 3 weeks ago so yeah i should say i NEED to stop smoking or atleast slow down

Noticed another post today that just got closed on quitting smoking and sent to this thread.
May as well start it up again, anyone else trying to quit at the moment?
I am and aren't. I am but I always forgot I am and start smoking again without thinking, and its hard.

One day I decided to quit and got up to abt 21 days and was counting every single day...my brother asked me if Ive quit why do I count the days since I last had one ?
I thought thats a stupid question !!!! for accomplishment...of course....well I fell off the wagon soon after....Today Ive gone about 3 months and in between had 1 smoke, just will power I dont even count the days now just decided Im not smoking and thats it, if I want to have a smoke it has to be a once off and not fall back into the cycle..so far its worked and I think Ive kicked the habit. When you decide not to count the days and dont really care anymore you really have quit. good luck

i quit smoking june last year and haven't had a cigarette since. id tried cutting down and stuff before but it just didn't work for me. the first month or two were the hardest (especially since i used to have dreams that i was smoking). after that it got a lot easier because i lost most of the physical addiction, and when i lost that i was able to see just how much of my addition was in fact mental. after the first six months had past i could tell that i could probably have *a* cigarette and that it wouldn't mean that id go back to being a smoker but i just knew that i shouldn't do it. i sometimes i think (well know) that i could pick up the habit again today and that it'd be like id never even quit. but i dont (haventl yet anyway) and i do feel happier and definitely much healthier for it.

Okay so about two weeks ago my friend bought me two cartons of Marlboro Lights duty free. I made a vow that after I had finished them I would quit smoking...

... I now have five packets left and I'm already talking myself out of the quitting thing. I'm grumpy enough as it is, it wouldn't be fair on my poor friends if I added nicotine deprived to that as well. I'm doing it for them I tells ya! ;)

^ Same situation here. My grandma just got back from europe and brought me a carton of Davidoff Classics (YUM!), so i told myself i'd go out in style and then quit.

I really want to quit, i dont really get anything out of it anymore and after several years i can really feel the affect smoking has had on my body, and honestly im sick of spending so much money on smokes.... BUT, carton ran out and im still smoking, its too hard! As someone above mentioned, i think the only thing that would make me quit would be a non-smoking girlfriend, because ALL my friends smoke (especially when we go out raving, its just habit to chain smokes when off chops) and even when i stopped buying some for a period, i still got offered smokes from friends, which was good for awhile.. free smokes, but then you need a smoke and there is no one around, so its time to go buy some.

SIGH

Ha :D yeah i wasn't around mine when i decided to quit and they're grateful for it too im sure!

i always hated malbro lights but they were the only cigarettes that i could ever bring back for they're the 1 brand i can actually figure out the strength.

Heh, I've quit seriously a few times, but I keep on coming back... Thing is I don't want to quit, just reserve the cig for those special times.

Knowing how addiction works, I guess you can all see why I'm still smoking. :\