• SPORTS
    AND
    GAMING
  • Sports & Gaming Moderators: ghostfreak

The official Super Bowl thread

~_Hiss_~

Bluelighter
I'm personally a Steelers fan, and think they will win :) They played great the last game, really kicked the asses' asses. I mean broncos asses.

I would like this for Bettis too, its his last game. It'd also be great for rookie Ben the quarterback who has lead the team.

This will also give Pittsburgh "one for the thumb"

10 more days, I can't wait.

Uhhhhh... Ben Roethlisberger's rookie season was LAST season.

Gonna be a great game though.

AWWW, HELL NO! I do not want to see the Rolling Stones' boobs. :p

Last edited:
I'm thinking it's gonna be the Steelers, they look really good. It'll certainly be a good game!

Sorry steelers fans. If you lived in Seattle you'd realize what's going on here and consequently, what's going to happen in the superbowl.

This city hasn't seen the likes of a championship game in the NFL in over 20yrs. We haven't won a playoff game in almost as long. The Hawks have NEVER been to the Superbowl.

But this is our year. The Hawks are going to win the Superbowl and Seattle is going to go NUTS. The city is preparing for WTO like crowds ...

^ hahaha. just because you haven't been in the playoffs for many years doesn't mean you will win the game. in fact, the odds are against you on that one. Pitt has the playoff experience and it will show. the last nine out of the ten SB winners have been gone to the team with the higher ranked defense. Seattle's defense is quick, but they are very little. they will get handled up front. the Seattle Seahawks have played easily one the worst records, and they are in the NFC. the early Vegas line has the Steelers with a plus 5 margin for victory, but I see the Steelers winning easily by two touchdowns.

once you smack Alexander in the mouth he is not half the running back everyone says he is. the Steelers will take him out early and force Hasselback to make stupid plays/throws.

when we win this one, Pittsburgh will be right up there with San Fran and Dallas as having 5 SB rings. I think they will be the first time to reach 6, by a long shot.

~_Hiss_~ said:
I would like this for Bettis too, its his last game. It'd also be great for rookie Ben the quarterback who has lead the team..

as one of Big Ben's favorite fans (Ohio native), I have to point out that this is his sophomore season. last year was the rookie and was aptly named Rookie of the Year ;)

I know its his second season, by rookie i just meant young, i didn't know it only applied to first year professional only.

glad to see another steelers fan with confidence :)

I didn't realize there was a 2005 season thread, but this is 2006! and this is now narrowed down for discussion of only 2 topics! the seahawks and STEELERS!

My prediction of the score:

Steelers: 24
Seahawks: 17

^ it's all good brother we needed an official SuperBowl 2k6 thread.

you think Seatlle can score two touchdowns against the Steeler's D?

=D

smotpoker lets out a big old "sigh".

Well, as much as it pains me to say this, I'm gonna give this one to the Cheat...I mean Steelers.

I haven't seen a D that can stop fat-ass Bettis yet, and the addition of Parker makes the task that much more hard.

The key to beating Pitt is getting off to a fast start, scoring TD's on your first two or three drives.

if they can do this, I think Seattle will win. If not, well we know what happens if that doesn't happen.

Hopefully, for Seattle, the Steelers will keep it clean and NOT take out Hasselback, like they did Palmer.

I'll be rooting for Seattle all the way.

Can anyone else see I'm just a little bitter still:(

smotpoker said:
The key to beating Pitt is getting off to a fast start, scoring TD's on your first two or three drives.

if they can do this, I think Seattle will win. If not, well we know what happens if that doesn't happen.
^^^

"rookie ben the quarterback"

Folks we have an avid NFL fan in the house. ;)

Oooh, the eyes of the world now focus in on Detroit, America's nether regions. Please, for the love of God, behave yourself Detroit.

:\ I always thought SuperBowls were supposed to be held in warm places. Detroit is neither warm in weather or warm in politeness.

Detroit is a dump.

go seattle...no offense to anyone in here, but most of the steelers fans i come across are complete assholes.

^ yeah, we're all assholes.

we take football very seriously, so don't front.

no West Coast football club is going to take down an East Coast powerhouse.

(how is that for asshole? ;))