Welcome Guest

⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️
  • ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️
    Forum Rules Film Chit-Chat
    Recently Watched Best Documentaries
    ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️
  • Film & TV Moderators: ghostfreak

The most disturbing film you have seen?

^ Fuck yeah, that freaked kid-me out too!

Mysterious Skin, with Joseph Gordon Levitt, is pretty disturbing. (But I assume everybody's already seen it?)

Obligatory mention of "A Serbian Film". The man raping the shrieking baby was upsetting. The man raping his son until he bled was worse. Or the toothless woman.... :| But really, it was a fucking terribly made film. The raped-baby looked like an animatronic doll- thankfully. What was the plot? How unlikely.

I like Old Boy, for the first 20 minutes. The concept of imprisonment with no apparent reason blew me away. Hammer dental work was full on, but film ultimately didn't do much for me.

Recently, watched Martys. Honestly, not all that disturbing. I felt that the motivaions for the sadistic fucks was really shallow. I don't understand why the main culprit killed herself after hearing about the afterlife. And, that- wtf? I didn't even understand that she had been flayed...

Now, Irreversible was the most disturbing film I have seen. The rape scene is utterly merciless and devastating. I couldn't not look away; I was in full adrenaline response and so saddened that there was no-one to help this poor fucking human. I wanted to torture and destroy the perpetrator. Again though, I don't know what the film was even about...

Just checked the last few pages and all the usual suspects have had a mention - The Act of killing is a pretty unnerving movie. No it doesn't leave you with a single image like some of the other titles but it's does leave you feeling pretty uncomfortable.

"A documentary which challenges former Indonesian death-squad leaders to reenact their mass-killings in whichever cinematic genres they wish, including classic Hollywood crime scenarios and lavish musical numbers."

There is something similar 'The look of silence' - I haven't got around to watching that one yet.

Odd as it may be, I have never been able to watch 'The Cell' in its entirety. I find it horrifying. It makes me feel physically sick. It's something with the way it makes my 'mind' feel. It's almost like I'm being psychologically tortured while watching it. I can't describe what I feel when I watch this (and others).

NO I totally agree with you that movie is creepy and Ive watched them all pretty much

You guys need to check out Begotten. And Salo

The Crying Game was pretty disturbing when I watched it, believe I was 8-10 years old.

IT as well, although once I got older it was laughable.

+ The People Under the Stairs

The Sound of Music if forced to watch repeatedly for weeks while tied to a chair in Japanese water torture fashion.

I haven't watched A Serbian Film so can't comment on that one, except that I expect it to be even more pointless than watching Irreversible.

For me a film still needs to be somewhat enjoyable, so the disturbing parts need to be put in a balanced context. Saw and Hostel series are entertaining (the blood scene from Hostel mentioned earlier was nice) and Wolfcreek was a bit creepy.

I havent read this whole tread but Chained is a good one, it is pretty sadistic but very well put together and Surveillance also by Jennifer Lynch has less of a psychological impact but also worth the watch.

Last edited:
I just discovered this thread but as someone who likes disturbing movies I think I'll have to see everything here haha.

A movie that always disturbed me as a kid was the B-movie Xtro.

It's a bad sci-fi that was released in 1983 and banned in England as one of the infamous "Video Nasties" of the era.

Just about a weird alien that kills people but I recently rewatched it while high and hungover and it still creeped me out.

NOT as bad as I always thought it would be was I Spit On Your Grave (the original).

But then again I'd be warned of that movie at age 14 and had spent 20 years building it up in my mind as the most freaky movie that ever existed so that when I finally saw it there was no way it was going to live up to the hype.

Gacy

Life Is Hot In Cracktown

Criminals Gone Wild

What I can think of off the top of my head.

It's close between Kids and The Many Faces of Death!

Oh no I almost forgot The Woodsman with Kevin Bacon he's a pedophile just released from jail it's absolutely gross. I couldn't finish the movie. I bought it at one of those dollar stores without the case for a dollar and it made my skin crawl no movie will top that! Why was this shit ever made!

Last edited:
Halloween, Halloween 4 and Halloween H20 scared the crap out of me when I was a kid.

It's between the Hostel movies, Human Centipede, and Martyrs for me

^yep thats def top of the list. That and the human centipede. I have yet to see that movie Sodom or somethin like that.