Welcome Guest

⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️
  • ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️
    Forum Rules Film Chit-Chat
    Recently Watched Best Documentaries
    ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️
  • Film & TV Moderators: ghostfreak

The most disturbing film you have seen?

Funny Games is definitely up there for me. Haneke is a bleak bastard.

Todd Solondz has some really disturbing films as well, Happiness will haunt me forever.

The people in Happiness it are pretty disturbed, but I enjoyed the movie as a whole as black comedy.

Haneke's Funny Games turned my stomach.

Antichrist (Lars von Trier) had some scenes that really made me look away.

Oh, and Martyrs. Once the "traditional horror with monsters etc"-part comes to an end, buckle up. It's going to be much, much worse after that.

Oh, shit. They've managed to make a shitty remake already so I'll have to refer to the original version from now on.

The original French film, written and directed by Pascal Laugier, has attained cult status as one of the most grueling and upsetting of the recent era of horror cinema that nonetheless deserves critical plaudits—more Audition than A Serbian Film, in short. Laugier is a provocateur with a fondness for narrative twists coupled with weighty political and philosophical themes, as demonstrated (to solid but lesser effect) in both his debut House Of Voices and more recent English-language thriller The Tall Man. His Martyrs is in part an endurance test, a film that dares you to look away from its disgusting images even as it invites you to grapple with a story in which suffering plays a pivotal role. In reworking it for the no-subtitles English audience, that element of endurance is gone, and with it, the gut-punch of an ending which felt so earned is excised, in order to hurriedly wrap up a plot that now feels more trashy than weighty.

Tbh, A Serbian Film and the rape scene in Irreversible are the main disturbing films I've watched. Old Boy was intense but only disturbing at the start.

I love disturbing films.

You should add "all two of them" :)

I just added Martyrs, french version. Did you see it and didn't find it disturbing? If not, consider it a tip!

Man, that rape scene in Irreversible. I went to see it in the cinema. I was with my new girlfriend and I picked it, confusing it for a movie about someone with amnesia trying to understand what happened to him. I thought it being French will make me look intellectual etc. What a disaster.

As mentioned above, I would have to say A Serbian film would have to be the most disterbing movie I've watched. Not to fond of thoes kind of movies. But a buddy of mine made me watch it when I was up in a sober living house.

You are still under it's influence considering you write disterbing. They should rename the movie to A Disterbian Film I guess.

They should rename the movie to A Disterbian Film I guess.

Lol.

OT: The Piano Teacher by Michael Haneke. Some really disturbing situations, everything is brilliant in this movie, but Isabelle Huppert's part is beyond twisted. She's really special and out of her head in this movie.

Her best performance no doubt about it.

Hands down "The Human Centipede" 1,2, and 3. "The ABC's of Death 1 and 2" were disturbing as well. I actually recently tried to watch "Cartel Land" but I had to turn if off and throw up once it got to the beheadings.

Dahmer
Monster
Ted Bundy
Kemper

all of these are movies and based on actual serial killers.

Dahmer= Jefferey Dahmer
Monster=Aileen Wuornos (Americas first prolific female serial killer)
Ted Bundy= Ted Bundy
Kemper=Edmond Kemper (The Co-ed Killer)
I liked Monster... I also lived in Florida at that time... Later on, before I moved, I lived in Kissimmee, and used to pass that campground, I think thats what it was, on OBT when going back up into Orlando for work... Also to note, when Andrew Cunanin killed Versace, I was down in Miami Beach.... I was walking around alone, and driving around South Beach, and never imagined I was in the area where an active serial killer, I guess he is classified as such, was walking around the same area as I was... I shutter the idea, as I was only 19 at the time, and very much naive, and young and dumb, that I could have possibly ran into and encountered him... Yes alot of people around, so unlikely that could have actually happened, but it is a fairly small area, geographically speaking, and I just have to wonder what if... I was right there the morning he killed Versace... Also to point out, Versace was targeted, I believe that was the case, so again, maybe more unlikely, but ya still never know!!

Have not seen the Dahmer movie... I do know that his childhood home in Cleveland area, was up for sale recently, and possibly still is... I seen that bit of info on Facebook, on a Cleveland news channels page!!! I don't see the big deal, unless someone is paranoid of what others around area are thinking and their preconceived notions about the historic significance of the house, if that is what you would call it!!!

Also to note, when Andrew Cunanin killed Versace, I was down in Miami Beach.... I was walking around alone, and driving around South Beach, and never imagined I was in the area where an active serial killer, I guess he is classified as such, was walking around the same area as I was... I shutter the idea, as I was only 19 at the time, and very much naive, and young and dumb, that I could have possibly ran into and encountered him... Yes alot of people around, so unlikely that could have actually happened, but it is a fairly small area, geographically speaking, and I just have to wonder what if... I was right there the morning he killed Versace... Also to point out, Versace was targeted, I believe that was the case, so again, maybe more unlikely, but ya still never know!!

I'll never be able to know for sure, but when I was 11 I was with my family on vacation in Florida. At the time my stepdad had a condo in Deerfield Beach, but we had gone to Miami for the day and we were visiting a museum. I think it was some type of science museum or something, I know they had some kid friendly things which is why my parents brought me and my stepsister there. At one point, I was off with my mother looking at something when a man came up to us and told us there had been another murder in the area and it had just happened near by.

It was really strange because he just came up to us and initiated the conversation. He seemed almost excited about it. I didn't know if he was like a reporter or something, but it was weird. It also hadn't been reported on the news yet. We figured he heard by word of mouth, sort of like how he came up and told us about it. When the man had told us about the murder I remember my mom shuffling me away quick to find my stepdad. The brief interaction was enough to spook her. Anyways, when we were back in CT the Andrew guy who had killed Versace was on the news because he had committed suicide. My mom called me in the room to ask, "Isn't that the guy who came up to us in the museum?"

The photo did resemble what I had remembered the man looking like, but it seems kind of crazy to think it was actually him. I mean that would have been an amazing coincidence. Nevertheless we were in Florida, in Miami, and were very close to where it happened on the day the murder had happened. Ever since then I've just always wondered if that was actually him.

In the close to 19 years since then I've never had a stranger come up to me to tell me there has been a murder in the area. The whole thing was just weird. Almost like he was proud of what he had done and had wanted to tell someone the news even if he couldn't take credit at that moment.

I'll never be able to know for sure, but when I was 11 I was with my family on vacation in Florida.
At the time my stepdad had a condo in Deerfield Beach, but we had gone to Miami for the day and we were visiting a museum. I think it was some type of science museum or something, I know they had some kid friendly things which is why my parents brought me and my stepsister there. At one point, I was off with my mother looking at something when a man came up to us and told us there had been another murder in the area and it had just happened near by.

It was really strange because he just came up to us and initiated the conversation. He seemed almost excited about it. I didn't know if he was like a reporter or something, but it was weird. It also hadn't been reported on the news yet. We figured he heard by word of mouth, sort of like how he came up and told us about it. When the man had told us about the murder I remember my mom shuffling me away quick to find my stepdad. The brief interaction was enough to spook her. Anyways, when we were back in CT the Andrew guy who had killed Versace was on the news because he had committed suicide. My mom called me in the room to ask, "Isn't that the guy who came up to us in the museum?"

The photo did resemble what I had remembered the man looking like, but it seems kind of crazy to think it was actually him. I mean that would have been an amazing coincidence. Nevertheless we were in Florida, in Miami, and were very close to where it happened on the day the murder had happened. Ever since then I've just always wondered if that was actually him.

In the close to 19 years since then I've never had a stranger come up to me to tell me there has been a murder in the area. The whole thing was just weird. Almost like he was proud of what he had done and had wanted to tell someone the news even if he couldn't take credit at that moment.
No doubt... Thats what I meant by that area landwise is smaller, and a chance encounter was possible... I was out walking Ocean Drive and other S.B. streets, as I was too young to get into clubs, and didn't use substances then, so just casually strolling along... Idk if he was doing the same at the same time I was, as I heard he was cruising alot for guys... That was what kinda baffles my mind... Now you have an even more up and close encounter, and it seems odd someone would say such a thing to strangers... Miami people, tend to stay to themselves, and usually, ime, never go talk to random strangers, especially something like that... Do you remember if it was before, or after police and paramedics arrived at the mansion... I was asleep at hotel when it happened, but woke up to all the news coverage and talk... I was with friends in Kendall area... When I went over later, I avoided that area... I saw it the day before anyway... Then I was finished with my stay, so went back home to St. Augustine the night, of the day it happened... Then at home is when all the boat coverage was all over news, when he killed himself... But wow, you possibly really DID run into him... I would never have been none the wiser!! I was too young, and never thought of such things... Kinda why I thought it was a great idea to go strolling alone in S.B., at night, without my friends, all while being very impressionable!! Glad your Mom got you the heck away from him... I would imagine him, if it was, being a bit delerious, or worse, in the mind, after killing Versace, and no telling what he was capable of... Good thing you were with your family... I gasp and quiver of the idea of being in your shoes, and encountering that guy, then it possibly actually being him... Ikes!!! If it was before police and rescue arrived, it was less of a mad house, and easier to get away from all the chaos when media arrived and turned it into the madhouse I remember watching on local news... Glad you weren't affected, other than maybe being freaked out and scared a bit... You never know what people in that frame of mind, are capable of... I seen documentaries on this, and I think a movie was made, I think, because I thought I sat down and watched it... I may have confused.with a documentary though... It has been a long time since!!

Danny Rolling was another... I lived in St. Augustine, which is only a hour and a half drive away from Gainesville... Of course I was like 12 going on 13, so would have not been over there anyway... When I turned 21, and practically lived over there, on the weekends, going by the 34th St. wall on was always a bit sobering... I think anytime I see a real life based movie, or documentaries on serial killers, I get freaked out somewhat... Eileen Warnos, well I kind of get her reasons, kind of, somewhat, not fully... Dahmer and the other guy, Gaisey, the young boy sexual assault/ murderer, kind of haunted me more than others... The one's I remember are Monster, Ted Bundy, and Green River Killer... That is movies... Oh... I forgot about the worst one that terrifies me to watch... I still like it though... The Zodiac... That was super creepy... Could have been anybody, anywhere really... That one scares me most... Of course movies, fictional, that get me unnerved are Wrong Turn, The Hills Have Eyes, and all their sequels, Friday the 13th and its sequels, or any one that involves a out in the woods setting... I can't handle the idea of being in the woods, even the woods behind our house, because of such movies... A few years ago I went in search of a deer that ran off after being shot, and was really out there, and what do you know, no phone service... 0... I finally found my brother, who is the deer hunter, after about half an hour of being alone w/ nephew in the middle of the woods, not knowing where I was headed, and we got the heck out of there as nightfall was very near... Needless to say have not been back in the deep woods since... Some 4 wheeler riding on trails is about as far as I get, or ever intend on ever again... And the fact I live in Appalachia, the same setting as Wrong Turn movies, doesn't add any peace of mind, so I tend to stay in, and in town whenever I can... Safer in numbers... Also way to many of those woodsy, horror movies, and a bit of paranoia and anxiety, and living at the treeline, doesnt provide alot of comfort

Hands down "The Human Centipede" 1,2, and 3. "The ABC's of Death 1 and 2" were disturbing as well. I actually recently tried to watch "Cartel Land" but I had to turn if off and throw up once it got to the beheadings.
i watched 'abcs of death 2' recently. there was some pretty disturbing stuff in it - more disturbing than i imagined it would be.

alasdair

You should add "all two of them" :)

:D

I just added Martyrs, french version. Did you see it and didn't find it disturbing? If not, consider it a tip!

Have seen it after reading this thread. It wasn't exactly a laugh but I found the idea preposterous. Not disturbing enough!

Man, that rape scene in Irreversible. I went to see it in the cinema. I was with my new girlfriend and I picked it, confusing it for a movie about someone with amnesia trying to understand what happened to him. I thought it being French will make me look intellectual etc. What a disaster.

You guys still together??

It made me feel so sad when I watched it. I too watched with my missus but was way more effected than her. She found it erotic. :\

The last really disturbing film I saw was Happiness. Totally perverted and sick. Is it horrible that I thoroughly enjoyed a film about sexual perversion, misery, and child rape? Regardless as to what it may say about me as a human being, I saw it as a dark comedy. Some disturbing movies I will watch once and never want to watch again. Happiness isn't one of them.

Heavenly Creatures is another one I saw recently that I thought was good and also quite disturbing. Kate Winslet kills it in her movie debut. Another one worth a revisit somewhere down the road.

Holy shit has nobody seen that turkish horror flick "Baskin"? Creeeppyyyyy shit fucked me up for a week or 2. Also "Lords of Salem" which is a Rob Zombie movie was pretty fuckin out there. It was corny but the end is super disturbing haha

Holy shit has nobody seen that turkish horror flick "Baskin"? Creeeppyyyyy shit fucked me up for a week or 2. Also "Lords of Salem" which is a Rob Zombie movie was pretty fuckin out there. It was corny but the end is super disturbing haha
Interesting.. I bought, and still have Lords of Salem, but when I watched it, I was most likely drunk, so my memory fails once again. I may try again, sober, watching it again.

Interesting.. I bought, and still have Lords of Salem, but when I watched it, I was most likely drunk, so my memory fails once again. I may try again, sober, watching it again.
Hahaha yeah let me guess... U got it at walmart for like 3 bucks? Haha I did. Good deal. Damn creepy movie. I love how Rob Zombie always makes his wife get tortured in his movies hahaa

The French film "Irreversible" is easily the most disturbing thing I have ever seen in film.

There is a horrifyingly graphic and extremely brutal rape scene that underpins the film's theme of revenge, which is very harrowing viewing.
When first shown at the Cannes film festival, some of the audience required medical attention after witnessing this scene, and many walked out in disgust.

Although I understand the film maker's intentions, I wish I'd never seen that scene.

Although I understand the film maker's intentions, I wish I'd never seen that scene.

I like disturbing but this scene was just too real for my taste. Left me feeling angry and sick to my stomach. Never want to see that again.