Welcome Guest

⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️
  • ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️
    Forum Rules Film Chit-Chat
    Recently Watched Best Documentaries
    ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️
  • Film & TV Moderators: ghostfreak

The most disturbing film you have seen?

errm Surbian Film comes to mind if you don't mind subtitles.

seems like its on youtube...

*edit - some further searching would probably bring up a version with english subtitles

I've seen many of the films mentioned and whilst the topic is obviously very subjective,, from my own personal perspective I've found certain films like Happiness, American Psycho and particularly early John Waters films like Pink Flamingos to be,, ok,, disturbing on some levels but very enjoyable due to the dark comedic and satirical elements. Irreversible is an excellent film and one I had no problems with.
However I did personally have to draw the line at two films - A Serbian Film and 120 days of Sodom (Salo). Believe me I did some research and even watched an initial few minutes of both films to gauge the styles of the two films,, but knowing the way my brains wired (intrusive thoughts / OCD etc) and the basic jist of those two I decided against watching them through.
I guess you could say that they don't count as I never got through them but I did the math enough to know they were too disturbing for me.
Then again I must point out that reading your average tabloid paper from cover to cover every day tends to be far more disturbing to me over time than 99% of what's considered "out-there" shocker/horror films. Needless to say I don't bother with them.
I'm not much of a fan of the normal horror fare these days anyway but was recently impressed with 'The Witch' ,, which was superbly shot, acted, and very tense and creepy without having to rely on the usual blood/gore/jump-scare techniques. Pink Flamingos and the follow up 'Female Trouble' are just downright hillarious gems of films imho. Whilst I get that they'd be disturbing to some,, the context and ways they're shot I presume would render them classics to the average Bluelighter,, not that I'd advise watching them with your moms that is!
I really didn't see what all the fuss was about regarding Human Centipede whatsoever, but was at least more impressed with the second one,, still,, a bit meh imho.
Anyway just some thoughts

Last edited:
after everyone claiming it was the worst movie of all time I watched a Serbian Film and I seriously cannot recommend it at all, it was sick

COUM Transmissions - After Cease to Exist
As a man it is extremely disturbing, and I can show you why.
If it's against the rules to show it here, I'll take it down but it was once a relic lost in time.
Yes it's the same director who did that NIN Broken movie that was never officially released. :)
[video]https://youtu.be/5zHmqd048uY[/video]

Snowtown Murders
Last House on the Left (the original)
Southbound (parts)
Gummo
Romper Stomper

Thats all I can think of for now...

Oh yeah, there was this movie called The Gate that I watched as a kid that messed me up pretty bad for some reason.

Oh yeah, there was this movie called The Gate that I watched as a kid that messed me up pretty bad for some reason.
I remember my dad watching that movie when I was kid. I don't remember a damn thing about it, besides the name and that my dad told me it was about a gate to Hell that opened up at someone's house or something. From the sounds of it, I guess I'm glad I don't remember actually watching it lol