• LAVA Moderator: Mysterier

the market: stocks, bonds, options, whatever

i was just there....

dude that looks like a nice find

.002 cents too gotta love that too

Looks like a BTC death cross is imminent. I made about 30% on my new lower total investment, mostly on THETA, and now other than POLX and STAK I'm holding to get yields, I'm back into Tether to wait on the sidelines for new entry points down the road. probably gonna consolidate down for a while. IMO. Of course that's how you get another huge bull run up into 6 figures in a year or maybe less. At least that's what historical data tells us.

Yep we're pretty much confirmed bear market. Probably headed down to 26k at least and looking at a year to the next big surge. I mean who knows, but just following past behavior. Smart people will be consolidating and putting new money in to get in really cheap on the way down, to catch the next bull run which will surely cross into 6 figures for BTC. But if I were you I'd get out of alts except for major alts that have always stuck in the top 10. Even major alts will bleed worse than BTC. They're gonna bleed out way worse than BTC. I went into tether except for a few yield farming tokens I think will have a decent chance at being big next time. I'm going to look into the best place to hold my tether for yields while I wait for the bottom, and then I'm gonna buy my ticket to blastoff.

That works too, but if you're holding less prominent alts, be advised they might not come back, some of them always die out, but the top ones won't (I'm not talking to you ions I know you know what you're doing). Ultimately HODL will result in profits. I just chose to go into tether before bleeding all the way down so I can buy back a lot larger positions for the same money. I only did that because I bought in near the top of this bull run, and last bull run I fucked up monumentally because it was my first time, bought at the peak, held until the bottom, and sold at the bottom, lol.

Moving forward my strategy is:

Buy at the bottom to position myself for next bull run

Take profits at regular intervals at the next bull run

Accumulate a nest egg of BTC/ETH/some other top 10s to hold long term through ups and downs that I don't touch except to take profits during bull runs

Keep a slush fund of like 10% of that to repeat this same pattern with smaller alts that I think will do 50x or more in the next bull run, and repeat these steps every bull run

Using this strategy I am attempting to produce a long term income stream that grows steadily.

Cool. At most it's a few hundred dollars invested in alts over maybe 10. Buying bitcoin at the same rate I was doing would be like 50-200 at a time which is what I might be able to afford. And it doesn't amount to much compared to what I"m holding rn. You're more of a crypto trader. I'm an investor.

Ruthenium went up quite a bit, the troy ounce I bought. But everything else is down from this time last month. Portfolio is Nearly 20K less now than a month ago.

Your stock portfolio? Mine is about level, my mutual funds are a bit up and my stocks are a bit down.

And yeah I was trying to be a crypto trader but I actually suck at it. Looking to be more of an investor moving forward but I guess a bit of a blend since I find it exciting to try to catch huge gains in smaller cap stuff. But I'm trying to move to the main bulk of my crypto portfolio as a long term investment I don't touch.

Taking profits is important though, until then it's theoretical money. I mean unless crypto takes off as a mainstream payment method, but although I think it's here to stay as store of value and dapp platforms and specialized services like supply chain tracking/etc, I am not sure that it will become widely accepted as payment over fiat money.

No stocks. Don't own any. It's what I call alternative currency. Or crypto holdings and precious metals.

I know. I have cashed in on Bitcoin twice to get my original investment back. So at ~10K in 2019 and at ~28K in Jan. 0.02 both times. I've also given MAPS 0.028BTC over time. They recommend to get out of cash tho, big time.

The main reason I'm not in stocks is because I can't find an app that I feel good about. Name wise anyway. After the looming crash, I'll try to follow the advice of the experts and get some stocks. Like had I bought Hershey when they told me in 2015, I'd be sitting pretty well. @Xorkoth

I worry about a crash too, though if inflation goes nuts doesn't that mean stock price goes up, too?

Stocks are kind of a gamble, at least other than the big ones, but mutual funds and some ETFs are solid, with more or less guaranteed returns, although in market crashes you can see losses, but they're also designed to be long term holds to grow wealth over time.

Yup - if it takes a year to bounce back, then it takes a year....im still not selling unless i actually really need the money for some reason, which i don't

i have mostly polygon, and then a little each of stellar lumens and telcoin....that's it - im really not heavily invested anyway.....

and i have $200 worth of 1 stock lol

see what happens

Unless you already own them, stay away from FAANG stocks. FB, Apple, AMaxon, netflix, google.

Some stocks will hold their value through it all. They say those companies that sell an addictive product, like hershey, tootsie roll, etc.

There are maybe 10% of the gold and silver stocks that are good to buy. But you need to know which ones to get into.

I'd recommend Stansberryresearch.com. They started me on investing. And their experts pick stocks and print a newsletter and books and articles on what to invest in. Stock wise.

THey highly recommend owning physical silver. and Gold.

I don't have any of the FAANG stocks. I've got a couple of weed stock picks from my insider friend in anticipation of further legalization, a couple of small bits of a few longshot micro caps, 3 ETFs and 2 mutual funds. Vast majority mutual funds.

How are you buying your gold/silver? Like you physically have it at your house? Or you buy it as a security from an exchange?

physical bullion and coins.

I mean, you can ebay and hope for the best. But the best site I found for gold and silver is apmex.com

iWSXSQS.jpg
that's for my unborn nephew. But it's secondary silver and gold is what I've been doing. A good starter silver round is the american eagle 1oz.

Did you guys see that El Salvador made BTC legal tender yesterday?

thats a big deal