• Psychedelic Drugs Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

The High Dose LSD Appreciation Thread!

Ah, the ego death/loss phenomenon.

I think the experience can be radically different from one person to the next.

I've never experienced an ego loss from acid, but I also don't think I've ever pushed the dose over 500ug. It's plausible that it can occur, and yes the fear melts away once "I'm in it." I'll always be too much in awe to feel anything else.

I think entering the ego loss state is what's scary, aka the dramatic come up. It happens quickly within a span of a few minutes, and for myself I'm usually hesitant to attribute it to an ego loss state right away. But once it settles in and then the mind proceeds to enter the psychedelic dream state, while feeling blissfully euphoric...yeah, everything's fine. :)

Thanks, very useful to know :)

I can handle a few minutes, but I'm going to step it up to just 400 anyway. Even if it's difficult I don't want to skip it and I think it'll be useful experience to try LSD at all dosages. 500 after that, and well, I'll see how that goes and I think at that point it might just be worth jumping up to a whole other world of dosage like 800-1000 :)

Thanks, very useful to know :)

I can handle a few minutes, but I'm going to step it up to just 400 anyway. Even if it's difficult I don't want to skip it and I think it'll be useful experience to try LSD at all dosages. 500 after that, and well, I'll see how that goes and I think at that point it might just be worth jumping up to a whole other world of dosage like 800-1000 :)

Cool, np. Yes 400ug is a lot, even half of that is but going up slowly is the best. One of the main reasons I don't go that high is to conserve material; I'm not rich lol, and I like to get the most out of substances (most of the time).

An ego loss experience is very dramatic, and it'll literally climb the +/++/+++/++++ ladder within minutes, at least ime. But wow, it is divine when you experience it. It's also elusive too, as I haven't ever reached it while targeting for it specifically. Pretty weird but, something special like that shouldn't be reached so easily anyways. One probably needs a great substance and circumstance together. :)

At at the same time, if one chooses a relatively safe substance and eventually pushes the dose higher, an ego loss trip is most likely inevitable.

Cool, np. Yes 400ug is a lot, even half of that is but going up slowly is the best. One of the main reasons I don't go that high is to conserve material; I'm not rich lol, and I like to get the most out of substances (most of the time).

That's exactly what I think about dosing, there is a certain point where, if you exceed the dosage, you are going to get more effects but probably no more benefits caused by the experience. I've personally found 300µg to be the sweet spot for LSD in my case. I always have a really wonderful experience.

I have a lot of psychedelic tolerance right now, so probably in standard conditions I would say even less than 300µg.

That's exactly what I think about dosing, there is a certain point where, if you exceed the dosage, you are going to get more effects but probably no more benefits caused by the experience. I've personally found 300µg to be the sweet spot for LSD in my case. I always have a really wonderful experience.

I have a lot of psychedelic tolerance right now, so probably in standard conditions I would say even less than 300µg.

Indeed, especially with lsd because it's remarkably dependent on set and setting. Taking 200ug on a good day is much better than taking 400ug on a stressed out day. :)

Lsd is probably one of the most well balanced psychs out there, kind of like a catch-all effects substance. I'm glad I started out with that one.

It truly is. I think LSD will most likely always be my true favorite. Everything about it, for me is essentially perfect all bundled into the best package. Easy quick come up, medium duration(I like long ones but twelve hours for high doses isn't bad...), beautiful afterglow, graceful comedown, no body load, the perfect balance of stimulation without being pushy ever, intense visuals, extreme euphoria, powerful auditory effects, possible synthesia, amazing mental acuity, high defition vision with extreme color saturation, and good spirituality. Probably even leaving some out! It too was my first proper psychedelic.

Alright....everyone lets get real, drop three hundred and fifty mics!;)

Just to follow on from this... Does anyone notice a difference in afterglow between low and high dose LSD?

I've not gone above 300ug yet, but LSD always cleanses me, the afterglow which can last for weeks (if I don't drink/do other drugs) completely removes anxieties, lack of condifence or anything else of a similar nature that I may have had before.

I had one particular bad trip on 200ug + weed where I got stuck in infinity, but when I came back, for a whole month I felt amazing and reborn like never before, and like to a level I can't imagine anyone in the world has ever felt before in history. It only stopped when I did some speed and alcohol :(

I've been chasing that ever since, and while LSD still gives me the same effect, it's just not as strong as that one time. I'm wondering if the strength of the experience could change this? If anyone has a simialr thing....

Thaks!

One of my very first acid trips was at the All Good Fest in 2005 and I ate two ten strips and a couple hits of liquid. From my experience once you get over say, 1000ug the addition of more L does not have a significant impact on the intensity of the trip but only really effects the duration. There are obvious exceptions to this rule. For example, there may not be much of a difference in intensity between 1000 and 2000ug - however, I know people who have been printed and experienced the power of pure crystal and say there is NO COMPARISON between an experience like that and eating 1000 or 2000ug of blotter. Robert Hunter allegedly ate 250,000ug (a 1/4g) one night via some kool aid that had not been dosed properly after both Bear and (Goldfinger?) each sprinkled crystal into the punchbowl. Robert Hunter drank enough punch that night, unknowing of the amount of crystal in it, that this massive dose was achieved. This is the highest dose of LSD I have ever heard of someone taking, and if I recall correctly Hunter described part of his experience as "dying 1000 deaths" - which is common for heroic doses of L.

For all intents and purposes though, when eating blotter there is a certain limitation to how far you can really push the intensity of an acid trip, though I do not think that I have quite yet even reached that outer limit of the edge based on reading the descriptions of other peoples experiences.

Also, be careful not to ever assume the dosage on blotter until you have eaten a little bit yourself first. A friend once sold me a sheet that had been used as mop and I brought it to moe.down. He did not tell me how potent it was either until after I had dosed. I have no idea what the dosage was but eating 3 hits of it sent me on a more intense trip then I have ever been on before, including times when I dosed 20+ hits of average WoW. It was more than I bargained for and to date is one of the only truly difficult experiences that I have ever had on LSD, although when all was said and done I am Grateful for the experience.

Just to follow on from this... Does anyone notice a difference in afterglow between low and high dose LSD?

I've not gone above 300ug yet, but LSD always cleanses me, the afterglow which can last for weeks (if I don't drink/do other drugs) completely removes anxieties, lack of condifence or anything else of a similar nature that I may have had before.

I had one particular bad trip on 200ug + weed where I got stuck in infinity, but when I came back, for a whole month I felt amazing and reborn like never before, and like to a level I can't imagine anyone in the world has ever felt before in history. It only stopped when I did some speed and alcohol :(

I've been chasing that ever since, and while LSD still gives me the same effect, it's just not as strong as that one time. I'm wondering if the strength of the experience could change this? If anyone has a simialr thing....

Thaks!

There is definitely a difference in the intensity of the afterglow, the more you dose. The whole trip is much more satisfying when you take a lot. However, what you are talking about is a bit different than what I consider the afterglow, which is the effects you feel physically the day after.

What you're talking about is how it changes the way you behave after the experience. It's different, but taking a higher dose also has a much higher effect on this. If you see something wrong with your character on a low-dose vs a high-dose, you are much more likely to make a real change after the high dose.

Also, I don't recommend smoking weed on psychedelics. It greatly increases the propensity for a "bad trip" (thought loops) and really just muddles the experience, and makes it hard to learn from it.

Going to a festival In northwest AK this weekend. Planning on candy fliping as its been a few years since iv done it. Usually just prefer L maybe some good molly once or twice a year. Planning on 5-600 ug (100-125ug tabs) my estimate and about 3-4 hours in pop a good 175mg of this fire molly iv been saving. I'm naturally hard headed so this will be a good solid dose for me. I usually eat 5-800 ug when I dose and I love just being one with everything. Super excited for this experience!

Taking higher doses definitely causes a more powerful after-glow/integration period for me. I tend to require slightly higher doses (an extra 100-150ug at least) compared to most people however.

If I take a microdose there is no integration, <200ug is a good trip with anti-depressant effects, 300ug+ I will realize many significant things about my life and anything I am uncomfortable with in my life I can generally think of some form of direction to solve it or solve it there and then on LSD. I find the same for other psychedelics too, the closer you get to 'death' as such on mushrooms results in a more profound outlook afterwards.

Unfortunately even with the increased availability of acid doses are still highly mislabelled, generally marked up by about 50ug on blotter at least than what they actually are. So it can be hard for people to experiment with dosages in such a way.

Last edited:
So, what does of LSD should one ingest if he's hoping to experience synaesthesia ? No previous psychedelic experience. Unless I'm looking in a wrong substance. I know it affects everyone differently, and there probably isn't one answer to my question, but I'm looking for any info here.

Last edited:
So, what does of LSD should one ingest if he's hoping to experience synaesthesia ? No previous psychedelic experience.

Myself, I have experienced synesthesia from LSD. Frequently I experience sound visually during the middle of my experiences. LSD provides stronger synesthesia than most other psychedelics I have used.

If this is your first experience I recommend ~50ug. You could consume higher doses later. People have shown significant variations in sensitivity. An example is a person could experience the same effects from 50ug another person on heavy doses of antidepressants experiences from 250ug. Each persons reactions vary.

The best and most mystifying, yet revealing trips of my life have been on high dose LSD. It almost feels like some magical, religious experience. I built a brotherly bond with good friends I tripped with and even experienced some strange telepathy, but it was mind-blowing to say the least. The second would be high dose liquid peppermint LSD (few short of a full strip) + IV and insufflated MXE. Two of my favorite drugs and they just happen to have a perfect synergy and potentiation of the trips intensity. When the LSD was getting heavy we couldn't IV our MXE due to the visuals, so we switched to insufflation which is nice as well. LSD peak + M-hole is incredible! Although the MXE makes it a more hedonistic experience than LSD by itself, it's overwhelmingly euphoric an has lasting anti-depressant effects.

So, what does of LSD should one ingest if he's hoping to experience synaesthesia ? No previous psychedelic experience. Unless I'm looking in a wrong substance. I know it affects everyone differently, and there probably isn't one answer to my question, but I'm looking for any info here.

It varies with each person, I would be very careful chasing certain effects with LSD. Some people do not respond well at all to high doses and can have a completely opposite experience to what I and others are saying above.

If this is your first experience I recommend ~50ug.
Well moderation on first use sure was what I planned, but than again, after reading peoples opinions for quite a while, some say that no trip is like the first one and under dosing can be regrettable experience. Especially since taking more does not up the ante, just prolonging the trip.

The best and most mystifying, yet revealing trips of my life have been on high dose LSD. It almost feels like some magical, religious experience. I built a brotherly bond with good friends I tripped with and even experienced some strange telepathy, but it was mind-blowing to say the least.
Define high doses, don't have the REAL LSD but got my hands on 1-p LSD (5 x 100ug) which I'm still reading on before trying. Is it a bad idea to go for it before the real one ?
As far as bonding goes :
Remember taking MDMA for first time with my mate, for safety reason done with just two of us at home, we are both know to be man of few words, never engaging in small talk especially between ourselves. Than the talkativeness from MDMA started and we just sitting there, the drug was urging conversation, but it just wouldn't happen, we ended up taking more and walking from one end of corridor to other because the walls were moving left and right. It was fun.

It varies with each person, I would be very careful chasing certain effects with LSD. Some people do not respond well at all to high doses and can have a completely opposite experience to what I and others are saying above.
My biggest worry is it being actual LSD not some weird stuff. Nonetheless I wasn't planning on dropping 500ug on day one.
Appreciate the input guys

Agreed ^ You truly have dissolved the cosmic delusion that is Maya. Nice to know we're not alone :)

Sorry for the enigma haha, I think the user I was replying to deleted the comment