• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Bupe The effect of THC on Buprenorphine.

^

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC3079847/
Generalized Social Anxiety Disorder (SAD) is one of the most common anxiety conditions with impairment in social life. Cannabidiol (CBD), one major non-psychotomimetic compound of the cannabis sativa plant, has shown anxiolytic effects both in humans and in animals.

I am not an some anomaly, everyone that has used cbd will tell you the same
Not everyone, as I said, there are people that find CBD beneficial for anxiety, maybe just a few, but they exist.
That is because thc is active in cannabis-niave people but CBD is active in no one, SO if they smoke CBD of course it is not going to make you anxious, just like near-beer won't get you drunk- it has NO EFFECT at all.
What I ment to say is that people experience aniety with weed with high THC content, but the same people don't experience anxiety if they smoke weed with THC and a high CBD content.
Well, opinions are like assholes

TACODUDE
^^^ Dude, Your wrong. Cannabinoids act on G-protein coupled receptor sites, specifically CB1 receptor and CB2 receptor sites, on the cells themselves - as do opiates. This binding regulates neurotransmitters, but not the "storage" of neurotransmitters- don't know where you got that from, maybe the concept of neurotransmitters being inside of vessicles? - either way, no need to rabbit hole here- just letting you know, no need to chime in with BS.

But, no one is confusing anything with THC-v , it is present in so little quantities in cannabis that you cannot buy it, I am sure it has negligible effects at the minute doses that are in weed. And if you concentrated it, it would do nothing as well.

AND KLIENERKEEF: There are pubmed articles from the 1969 that says vitamin E cures leg cramps and RLS- which is a bold-faced lie, An industry can pay for a study and results can be made to say anything you want them to. I am not going to say it again, you live in a fantasy and resisting reality, CBD does nothing.

" Leg Cramps (Systremma) and “Restless Legs” Syndrome — Response to Vitamin E (Tocopherol)"
Nearly all of the patients with leg cramps received prompt and gratifying relief from their symptoms while taking vitamin E in the form of d, alpha-tocopheryl acetate, 100 I.U. three times a day before meals. The group included 24 private patients with leg cramps and two with the “restless legs” syndrome, probably a related condition.

What a load of shit.

Last edited:
^Did you ask every person on earth?
I will say it once again, ime CBD can help with anxiety and I've read a few reports of people saying so too.
Just because it does nothing to you doesn't mean that noone won't feel anything from it.
You havey our opinion, I have mine.
Let's stop the off topic talking as it's leading nowhere.

Durban poison has up to 5%THC-V content as well as TGA Jack the Ripper strain is quite high in THC-V reportedly tested by the grower and sold for that purpose while I strongly believe lambsbread and Jack herrer are two common stains that contain it in quantity, but I need to see testing. Usually in flat arid low sea level regions you get the giant long resinous land race Sativa's that produce this alkaloid. I just remembered how GW pharmacutical is looking into THC-V to combat diabetes by promoting heavier insulin production....

I pretty much got the neruology of it from the link I posted with cited peer reviewed studies to back it up.... I may not be able to explain the g coupled protein and everything to such a good degree, but I know what I expressed is pretty on point not just from experience, but the research including GWpharmacutical intimidating yet amazing work as it is the pharmicuticalization of cannabis while hopefully not allowing it to become the epidemic the pharmicuticalization of opium was and still is. Maybe research what I say before you shut down with your knowledge that I'm sure is just as primitive as mine as we all share the same global library of information to a degree without considering censorship

Edit: You are right about one thing.... Concentrating it would do nothing as you mistakenly think CBD does as an inverse agonist rather than agonist while THC-V has antagonist properties. Again cannabis science is really new so there's still a lot of fact to filter from the mainstream bullshit like CBD being this all magical non active super healer that somehow stops anxiety and whatnot with its inactivity.... I mean really does that make sense to you? Whatever percieced activity no matter how minor is activity. It's like saying narcan is not active because you're not on opiates.... It won't throw you in withdrawals, but it will have antagonist activity. Also CBD was made illegal a while ago and the FDA also clamped hard on hemp based CDB formulations as they pretty much had an AC/DC ratio of 20:1 mg of CBD:THC just about 1%-10% of what a potent bud would be only becoming the strength of potent bud when extracted to wax.

Last edited:
^Did you ask every person on earth?
I will say it once again, ime CBD can help with anxiety and I've read a few reports of people saying so too.
Just because it does nothing to you doesn't mean that noone won't feel anything from it.
You havey our opinion, I have mine.
Let's stop the off topic talking as it's leading nowhere.
This is about empirical science, CBD has noo effect. Like I said before, you and ~38% of people will experience a placebo relaxtion, just like one I get from green tea. AND we are getting very far here, after all you and everyone who reads this has complete evidence against CBD having any effect whatsoever. And just before, you thought it was useful.

Durban poison has up to 5%THC-V content as well as TGA Jack the Ripper strain is quite high in THC-V reportedly tested by the growe...

I pretty much got the neruology of it from the link I posted with cited peer reviewed studies to back it up
.... I may not be able to explain the g coupled protein and everything to such a good degree, but I know what I expressed is pretty on point not just from experience, but the research including GWpharmacutical intimidating yet amazing work as it is the pharmicuticalization of cannabis while hopefully not allowing it to become the epidemic the pharmicuticalization of opium was and still is. Maybe research what I say before you shut down with your knowledge that I'm sure is just as primitive as mine as we all share the same global library of information to a degree without considering censorship

I have been into over 100 dispenseries and have never seen anything listed as thc-v containing products. And, the info you said about not binding to a receptor and increasing neurotransmitter storage is completel fictional. I am in my 5th year as a pre-med major and psych minor. That is not how neural mechanism of action of cannabinoids work, RATHER, they work as I explained it 2 post up.

Are you kidding me? Did you even look at the GW website I provided Mike. You're very closed minded that's why the drug war continues.

Also your dispensaries suck here's a few cannabinoid lists including it

https://skunkpharmresearch.com/cannabinoid-info/

http://sclabs.com/learn/learn-cannabinoids.html

https://www.leafly.com/news/cannabis-101/cannabinoids-101-what-makes-cannabis-medicine

https://dollecommunicationsblog.fil...ailments-cannabinoids-chart2.jpg?w=493&h=1024

Seriously get off your high horse you don't know everything because you went to school just as I don't know anything having followed the science for over 5 years now

Edit: I forgot to add my part explaining how no one knows much about these other very useful cannabinoids because they are on the mainstream CBD hype when it's really not all that amazing.

Edit 2:
http://www.gwpharm.com/uploads/receptor[0].jpg

Since you can't follow the website here's a picture diagram how cannabinoids work on the page below that has animations explaining antagonism, agonism, and inverse agonism. I highly suggest you look into the research GWpharmacutical is doing as they are literally pioneering in understanding how cannabis works on the body and affects it. Avoiding there research because you say they are the pharmicutical industry so anything they day doesn't matter you're more a closed minded fool I thought.

http://www.gwpharm.com/mechanism-of-action.aspx

Edit 3: more in case you're lazy http://tgagenetics.com

"TGA strains are used to ease the suffering of people worldwide from: Pain, Nausea, Tremors, Nerve Pain, Anxiety and even Social Disorders. We do not believe in short cuts the rest of the industry is taking like Feminizing seeds or creating Auto Flowering strains by combining low potency ruderilis with common hybrids. Instead it has taken us up to a decade just to perfect our flag ship high THC-V* strain Jack the Ripper, or our Cup winning strain Vortex. Our medicinal strains are very fragrant and have heavy resin producing traits and valued by many breeders for the unique smell and taste. On our strain guide we offer one of the most accurate and in depth product descriptions in the industry compiled by thousands of growers in our "Open Source" method."

Corrected typo*

What is this called again med student? Backing up my opinion utalizing quotes and evidence to prove my hypothesis as fact? Isn't that what you should be an expert at after 3.. Oh wait 5 years med school. Seriously stop harassing the guy for not wanting CBD

Last edited:
Did, I look at the GW website? - It has billions of dollars in conflict of intrest, get sources from Google Scholar only.
You gave me a list of websites which include thc-v as in a list of cannabinoids. Why?
A diagram? Like I said,, I read entire reasearch journal articles which I have full access to as a student from my home computer.

You've followed science for 5 years? I've followed sports for 15 years, I'd never consider myself an athlete; I specialize in science and medicine occupationally. I don't quote what I've written because I am my own source, as an expert in this area. Now, this is my last post on this, as my time is a valuable resource- and if I spent all day correcting idiots online - I would go crazy in about two hours.

And, I am the one who said CBD is non-effective. The guy was touting the benefit of CBD.

Did, I look at the GW website? - It has billions of dollars in conflict of intrest, get sources from Google Scholar only.
You gave me a list of websites which include thc-v as in a list of cannabinoids. Why?
A diagram? Like I said,, I read entire reasearch journal articles which I have full access to as a student from my home computer.

You've followed science for 5 years? I've followed sports for 15 years, I'd never consider myself an athlete; I specialize in science and medicine occupationally. I don't quote what I've written because I am my own source, as an expert in this area. Now, this is my last post on this, as my time is a valuable resource- and if I spent all day correcting idiots online - I would go crazy in about two hours.

And, I am the one who said CBD is non-effective. The guy was touting the benefit of CBD.

No need to be rude.
Tacodude and I linked a few interesting studies, showing that CBD can be beneficial.
CBD can help children with epilepsy.
Some people claim it helps with anxiety and ime it does to some extent.
Some studies show that it may help people with schizophrenia.
CBD is an alerostatic modulator of the opioid receptors etc.

All you've done is claiming that it has no effects, but your only source is you yourself, because you are 'an expert in that area'

Tacodude linked a pharmaceutical website with billions of dollars in conflict of interest and you linked one article from the same site as the article I linked which falsely claimed that Vitamin E cures RLS and muscle cramps. I am an expert and Ive read more full articles (which you probably cannot access like I can) than you have read pages of books in your life.

CBD IS INNEFECTIVE, if you wish to think otherwise, why not also choose to think vitamin E cures RLS. There are a thousand articles on pubmed with "punched-up" numbers.

And Tacodude linked a pharmaceutical website with billions of dollars in conflict of interest and you linked one article from the same site as the article I linked which falsely claimed that Vitamin E cures RLS and muscle cramps. I am an expert and Ive read more full articles (which you probably cannot access like I can) than you have read pages of books in your life.
Alright, can you proof that you're an expert?
Just because they wrote this bullshit doesn't mean that every study they publish is wrong and I'm pretty sure you at least once in your lifetime claimed something that was wrong, so is everything you say wrong too?
I doubt that.
What about linking some studies instead of just being rude?

^^^ Because, I've never felt the need to prove myself to retarded people. And I don't make it my quest to correct stupid people, like I said, I would go crazy after two hours doing that. I'm not a christian, fuck the retards.

^^^ Because, I've never felt the need to prove myself to retarded people. And I don't make it my quest to correct stupid people, like I said, I would go crazy after two hours doing that. I'm not a christian, fuck the retards.
You know, a lot of people that run out of arguments have to switch to insulting..
Edit: If you are able to link a study saying that CBD oil is not even slightly beneficial I'd be glad to admit that I was wrong.

Like I said, I could careless about your state of mind, what you believe, or what you admit. You see, I'm far above you.

http://www.beyondthc.com/product/os-winter-201516-print-edition/

Bottom right article front page... Still think THCV is useless?

Also I didn't link your link and your link is from the US library of medicine, national institute of help.... A government based science article database. Sure you can find curropt articles there, but that doesn't mean they all are. It's a database not a biased place with motive to push certain things besides government corruption. Honestly the medical cannabis industry is really fucking up the science by pushing how amazing it is as if it's the miracle drug everyone though LSD could be, but is causing not only a spread of information about CBD, such as inactivity. It's also overshadowing the benefit of other alkaloids like THCV for diabetes and CBG for glaucoma.

Seriously Mike I'm sorry for you.... You've fallen for the promises of a good mainstream future and accept whatever a "scientist" or "teacher" tells you and spout it as fact..... If after five years of pre med studies and you can't understand anything without even looking at them I feel really really sorry for you.

^^^ beyondthc? This is just for your help and then I am done- Google Scholar

I know Thcv is useless. The fact that people on here are holding out for something miracle in weed is fucking helpless.

Two studies found with Google scholar:
http://jop.sagepub.com/content/7/1_suppl/82.short
The effects of ipsapirone and cannabidiol (CBD) on healthy volunteers submitted to a simulated public speaking (SPS) test were compared with those of the anxiolytic benzodiazepine diazepam and placebo. Four independent groups of 10 subjects received, under a double-blind design, placebo or one of the following drugs: CBD (300 mg), diazepam (10 mg) or ipsapirone (5 mg). Subjective anxiety was evaluated through the Visual Analogue Mood Scale (VAMS) and the State-trait Anxiety Inventory (STAI). The VAMS anxiety factor showed that ipsapirone attenuated SPS-induced anxiety while CBD decreased anxiety after the SPS test. Diazepam, on the other hand, was anxiolytic before and after the SPS test, but had no effect on the increase in anxiety induced by the speech test. Only ipsapirone attenuated the increase in systolic blood pressure induced by the test. Significant sedative effects were only observed with diazepam. The results suggest that ipsapirone and CBD have anxiolytic properties in human volunteers submitted to a stressful situation.

http://jop.sagepub.com/content/25/1/121.short
Animal and human studies indicate that cannabidiol (CBD), a major constituent of cannabis, has anxiolytic properties. However, no study to date has investigated the effects of this compound on human pathological anxiety and its underlying brain mechanisms. The aim of the present study was to investigate this in patients with generalized social anxiety disorder (SAD) using functional neuroimaging. Regional cerebral blood flow (rCBF) at rest was measured twice using (99m)Tc-ECD SPECT in 10 treatment-naïve patients with SAD. In the first session, subjects were given an oral dose of CBD (400 mg) or placebo, in a double-blind procedure. In the second session, the same procedure was performed using the drug that had not been administered in the previous session. Within-subject between-condition rCBF comparisons were performed using statistical parametric mapping. Relative to placebo, CBD was associated with significantly decreased subjective anxiety (p < 0.001), reduced ECD uptake in the left parahippocampal gyrus, hippocampus, and inferior temporal gyrus (p < 0.001, uncorrected), and increased ECD uptake in the right posterior cingulate gyrus (p < 0.001, uncorrected). These results suggest that CBD reduces anxiety in SAD and that this is related to its effects on activity in limbic and paralimbic brain areas.

^^^ beyondthc? This is just for your help and then I am done- Google Scholar

I know Thcv is useless. The fact that people on here are holding out for something miracle in weed is fucking helpless.
You are the definition of ignorance.... I feel so sorry for you. I hope you get through it when guy realize you don't know everything as that's everyone's hardest time in life and it takes great strength to admit you know nothing in this great vast overwhelming existence that brings us not only knowledge but the ability to experience that knowledge rather than it just being something you know. Maybe you're going to end up going through a complication one day helping your wife give birth and when all the things you've learned in medical school and the perspective you have that is so closed you can not accept the differences in effect of different cannabinoids and their varying effects identical to incomparable effect almost in the way there are feeling that range from to different opioids and opiates yet three nearly identical ones that work exclusivity in the opiate region on the same area primary have extremely different effects and even onset when IV one gives painful pins n needles, and even one that's nearly non existent yet definitely there that has legs like you couldn't dream. Going back to what I was saying you're going to be told no one knows what to do they tried everything then using your life knowledge you save the child and mother all because of just thinking that things are the way they are and you can't change them to thinking outside if the box and maybe our universal understanding of reality and resistance was wrong and you took a chance at doing what you thought was right leading to saving a mother and her child and allowing then a long full life.

Maybe then you'd open your eye and get off your high horse that you know everything because your teacher told you that's what is working even if not explaining how and why. That's like giving someone a book with every arithmetic math problem and told them if you have any group of numbers that you need just match them to the corresponding signs to express increasing, decreasing, duplicating, and splitting to give you the right single number after... Sure it works if you have it on an ipad with terabytes of data for the infinite number of possibilities, but that's not knowing how to do math or why it works, which is what I'm pointing out to you in hopes you take the fucking time to open the link, read the pages, and watch the animated videos that explain EVERYTHING so you understand where I got my idea from.

Really though I give up after this Mike. You're not just ignorant, but thick skull.... Like all skull no brain. You're arrogant as hell and disrespectful and completely unreasonable to say the least. I can tell nothing I can say and no amount of evidence backing me up with convince you because you're right as your a medical student so you don't need to back anything up just post a study and claim it's bullshit without any evidence to support your claim. It's sad your a five year pre med student and I'm falling through the cracks of the public system because of the developing neglect towards natives due to the large amount of immigration and diversity fucking up everything creating a complete gap between first and third class nearly removing second class creating chaos in the street that range from complete conflict to throwing wild celebrations evoking everyone to get fucked up as forget the pain to put out the flames before another conflict fans them higher than they ever were creating a vicious cycle that's left me s native treated as if I am the one at fault for not being able to figure out how to get better when I literally pursue every mean yet nothing works as the one mean that has, which is oxycotin for matinance and oxymorphone IR for breakthrough, and yet I'm denied on the excuse the current doctor hasn't seen me trying the meds only to them jump to injections without a real diagnosis or understanding if my pain is where I feel it or a result of nerve issue elsewhere refusing to give me a chance to go back on the medication I had before my doctor retired on the excuse I resorted to heroin when I was cut off and the hospital's constantly refused me and I just didn't want to make the choice to kill myself because the withdrawals on top of the return of pain that even if it goes away I'll desire opiates to manage my pain as I only get somewhat similar relief from gabapentin yet become suicidal due to its intoxication only to end up being accused a drug addict as they are happy to drug test me when I'm dirty, but they never ask me to provide urine when I'm clean for months. At least you don't have cuts on your wrist, latent intermittent akethesia symptoms especially through withdrawals from an illegal against refusal of consent situation, and lower back pain that used to be bearable before attempting to end your life getting hit by a car going 30-40 MPH literally after walking out of the hospital loudly explaining that I was going to kill myself only to be laughed at feeling lucky in the moment to survive once some recovery occurs and only having a few scratches only to realize a few months later once cut off the pain killers that was finally stabilized after that incident due to the doctor retiring leaving me with no one who would even help me get off with the only option being the ER where after ignoring me telling me it's my problem and not theirs as they save dieing people leading to relapse leading to rock bottom leading back to ER leading to blaming me for taking it into my own hands and refusing to do anything while calling me a drug addict and harassing me in attempts to convince me I'm just a stupid drug addict fooled by the drugs and will only get better if I take their drugs even when they cause extreme side effects for me as I'm very sensitive no matter how much I express I use to maintain physical health while I eat right, exercise, and live healthy as I can afford to maintain mental health while treating my whole being in general in hopes I can be strong enough to get off the one drug I can stabalize with. Not be forced to treat drug after drug for month at a time only to end up degrading due to the drugs finally leading to suicide attempts due to being so tired of the temporary problem after temporary problem without any break or peace as all I end up thinking is fuck it if people want to live like this I'll just die stop wasting resources and this world can destroy itself without me as I've no interest in that and if that's what I'm forced to do I'll make it quick rather than allow the world to draw out my suffering forcing me to endure the torture.

Seriously Mike you got on my bad side and I never want to speak to you on here again. Please stop harassing IMtrying for not benefiting from CBD as not everyone benefits from everything. As well as denying CBD having effect as it has strong effect that's why people use it.... If it was an inactive THC reverser like narcan people wouldn't use it regularly all, which are ACTIVE as they cause NEUROACTIVITY whether your primitive brain percieces it or not. I'm out peace

When I was on Bupe I always felt like THC distracts from the fine high that Buprenorphine is able to give you even when being on low maintenance doses (I was on 0,5-1mg a day).
Of course the THC still gets you high but I never felt a synergy between the two. Not as contraproductive as Opioids+Alcohol but still not that desirable and I am a daily smoker but only in the evening.
Just my 2 cents.

Hate to be a stickler, here, but if you're getting any kind of "high" on Buprenorphine you're probably only making your habit worse by being on it.
I don't have a super-fuckin-crazy tolerance or anything, but bupe has always lacked certain fundamental effects of many typical opiates, IME, and I only use it when I absolutely CANNOT be in withdrawal for functional reasons...but even then it didn't do much for pain or anything, and id often end up taking a couple of aspirin to help it out.

Onto the subject of Marijuana and Buperenorphine; In my experience, I enjoy smoking good herb, particularly on suboxone. This differs with how I am on typical opiates, in which case I often wait 2+ hours past my peak to smoke, as to not overpower the subtle, but potent opioid stimulation.
With Bupe, since there is no "high", IME, I smoke way more often..usually starting in the morning, which is QUITE unusual for me when on Norco or something.

I don't know for sure, I just assume my Marijuana use fluctuates so much between bupe & typical opiates, because the buperenorphine seems to offer much less pain control, and less positive mental stimulatioin than traditional opiates/oids.

The last time I felt a supposed "high" from bupe was WELL before I began taking painkillers on a 2X(+) per day frequency (low dose A.m., huge dose P.m. lol), and since then bupe has been little more than an annoyance to avoid annoyance, if you will.
I don't like taking Bupe, because I don't like taking long acting drugs, narcotic or otherwise. That being said, bupe is far superior to methadone, IME, I would rather withdrawal for 8 weeks straight than touch methadone again.

I really miss how it was back in the day though, as recent as 3 years B.T. (before tolerance, lol) I could whiff the tiniest, I mean TINIEST line off an 8mg suboxone (probably about .5 milligrams) and I would be in the midst of some serious Mu agonism, I remember once riding with my friend to pick up some dope late at night once, it was late enough he had to coax me out of the house with the promise of some sub. So on the way to his connect, I sniffed maybe .5-1mg off the center console, not even powdered all the way, chunks, etc...
I didn't even expect much with my then-growing tolerance, but boy, by the time we were on the return trip I was getting warm, and when I got home, I was so completely pinned that I stayed up all that night feeling seriously amazing (hard to imagine now lol). I was up before my Dad that day, made a good breakfast hashbrowns, eggs, the whole 9. Then I had to drive an hour to school, so I popped my Rx'd Adderall (also a thing of the past) and man, I remember having a good day that day, just feeling great. The buzz from that bupe was as strong at 3:00pm the next day as it was at midnight a few hours after dosing.
Needless to say when that Adderall started wearing off, having not slept that night, I was pretty impaired. But I survived, drove all the way home safe without incident.

That's the problem with bupe IMO if you have a really low tolerance it's fantastic, a novel opioid. HOWEVER if you have a tolerance of more than like....idk 50mg hydrocodone or equivalent per day, I seriously doubt you'll get many positive effects from bupe, besides the relief of Withdrawal symptoms, which can really be a blessing sometimes. Especially for the addicted population not in pain, in which case buperenorphine is an invaluable resource.
The key is probably early intervention....and a whole lotta luck, biology wise, etc...

TLDR; Buprenorphine & Marijuana are a fine combination, non-tolerant users be cautioned to watch out for profound hypotension(bupe always seemed to lower my BP more than some typical opiates..could be a tolerance/cross-tolerance issue.) so just don't stand up too fast, or drive please!