• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Bupe The effect of THC on Buprenorphine.

Wow 7nos, what happened to your thread?? ?.

As for the above post, yeah, BUPE as maintenance has zero high at all (sadly as sometimes I wish it did!). Im on a high dose but have found that when I smoke weed I do get an opiatey kind of feeling, that peaceful yet alert clarity, totally different to weed alone which I don't enjoy. So I was pleasantly surpised after 3 years of taking 32mg a day with the only benefit of not being sick (oh and also getting my life back on track, not losing my family, job, life so basically its saved me!) I don't know what bupe feels like as I've never used it recreationally though I have friends who do, it's how I get my weed ;)

this thread keeps going and going and I am sure the answer has been mentioned at least 20x's, so where are we at right now?

what are people saying and why? I am too lazy to read but wondering why we keep responding day after day.

we have ALL THE ANSWERS, so why must we add any more? any miracles that I dont know about?

I do know its a beautiful day today in Cali.

I think Mike.vick is either attempting devil's advocate or straight trolling as he continually denies any evidence be it scientifically reviewed public medical journals, pharmicutical companies layman's explications of their research, multiple cannabinoid analysis facility, and even a 50 page printed paper that I picked up renewing my recommendation all on the claims of your ultimate five year pre med still haven't graduated work. Seriously the hight of that horse your ride is rediculous.... I think the airs to thin on its back and it's depriving your brain of oxygen killing your brain cells leaving you closed minded and stupid and not able to accept that CBD has activity as well as green tea as it contains caffeine a CNS stimulant.... Seriously go get your money back for your give years as you've wasted your education learning how to read a book and follow recipe without question rather than ask questions you don't understand and by doing research and collaborating with others you come up with a stronger multi person opinion vs a single minded opinion that can be greatly influenced by biased.

Seriously Mike you're a fool... The truth hurts, but I'm just trying to help you really. Open your mind, research things you thought your never would, and develop your own opinion for once and not what others told you as even you mentioned minor anxiolynt activity at one point I believe... Again you may not perceive action, but it's there.... You might as well day NSAIDS or high blood pressure meds are inactive because you don't feel them when they have quite unique action.

Seriously if this is what you need to accept to be considered an "educated person deserving of school and recognition of intelagence and knowledge" I'd rather be a retard questioning everything and finding my own answers I know are right as they are not only my own even if the government or mainstream media doesn't agree and even demonize and attack it with propaganda because they are the big guy and I'm the little one..... It doesn't matter what's reality nowadays just what everyone agrees on and accepts no matter how far fetched like cannabis and psychedelics deserves schedule one while meth, coke, more opiates we can count, more amphetamines we can count etc. get schedule two and the worst addiction and abused medication these days benzodiazapine are still schedule fucking 4 of course until they change it to two causing many people to die of benzo withdrawals due to paranoid doctors afraid to lose their job more than their patients life.

Seriously Mike you need to grow the fuck up before the real world comes and chews to the fuck out

I usually take .5-2mg of bup', to stave off wd. Withdrawal symptoms do subside, however no analgesic, nor typical opiate feeling is experienced. I did try to stir up the "norbup'" topic in bdd, but nothing transpired. Now to the thc part, the other night, 24 hours after last dose, I took 1mg sub. After 2 hours had passed, my withdrawal symptoms subsided completely, but I wasnt feeling euphoric, so in an addict's haste, I decided to pack one up, within minutes of smoking, I started to get the analgesic effects of the bup', short lived, but intense euphoria, that I havent felt in years. I was grinning ear to ear, like "This is what opiates used to feel like on our honeymoon." Anyways, I realize the long come up of bup' and that after 2 hours, I most likely would have been at peak plasma levels, this is also why the reason why I chose to smoke when I did.

I would like to get your guys' thoughts, experiences, or theories about the effect of THC, on bup'. Also I'm still interested in norbup', so any of that talk is welcomed too! Hopefully we can help bler's on bup', for pain management, increase it's analgesic effects, and reduce relapse rates for people on sub maintenance.

- ...SS373dOH
Honeatly dude, you probably just had a great weed high from some decent tree. Bupe has nothing to do with thc and thc has nothing to do with bupe. 2mg of sub for me however does get me feeling nice, more so than 4mgs cause the lower the dose of bupe the more of a full agonist opiate it is. But like I was saying sometimes smoking weed can just make you feel fantastic and has nothing to do with the bupe. Smoking tree can help with depression so that is what probably made you feel that uplift you were looking for.

I hate how this less than more thing is passed around like godsend... I get no less or greater relief from 0.5, 1, 2, 4, 8 mg bupe. I've tried everything to get it to work and it just won't. I'm either withdrawing or in pain and always miserable.

Yay I'm back to goin every two weeks, can smoke weed the first month and clear out the next month. Have smoked some and def potentiates the sub, but also potentiated the 2 grams of phenibut and 5 footballs, lol. Gonna sleep good been sleepin like shit

I hate how this less than more thing is passed around like godsend... I get no less or greater relief from 0.5, 1, 2, 4, 8 mg bupe. I've tried everything to get it to work and it just won't. I'm either withdrawing or in pain and always miserable.
this is probably because your tolerance is too high for it to effective. if pharma makes and releases butrans and all those other mcg/hr patches and bucals than it was obviously studied and wa determined to be effective for pain relief. it all has to do with your tolerance.

PS oh sorry i have nothing further to add about THC and bupe as i have never experienced both at the same time.

Then it's something psychological homie. Bupe binds to your opoid receptors like no other regular antagonist could. My doc used it as dual treatment for opoid dependence (with a high tolerance) and for depression. 8 mg should get you out of w/ds no problem and help you with the physical pain. Unless you're using other opiates with it and not waiting until you're in withdrawals to take it.. Then of course it's not going to work

this is probably because your tolerance is too high for it to effective. if pharma makes and releases butrans and all those other mcg/hr patches and bucals than it was obviously studied and wa determined to be effective for pain relief. it all has to do with your tolerance.

PS oh sorry i have nothing further to add about THC and bupe as i have never experienced both at the same time.
Duh... I have a tolerance, but for someone who's resorted to heroin and veg prescribed OC/om in the past injecting my OM as I had IR formula it's not that much higher than the average tolerant person.

Edit: Also it's not like I don't get pain relief from bupe, but only enough to not want to end my life where only with cannabis does it get close to a full agonist level of relief. Bupe sucks for anyone who's used opiates before and need pain relief... I get most withdrawals relief, but again while dependant on cannabis when I run out the opiate withdrawal symptoms get worse and I never get to the point where I am not feeling like my body is fighting against me enough to disrupt my ability to function.

Last edited:
Duh... I have a tolerance, but for someone who's resorted to heroin and veg prescribed OC/om in the past injecting my OM as I had IR formula it's not that much higher than the average tolerant person.

Edit: Also it's not like I don't get pain relief from bupe, but only enough to not want to end my life where only with cannabis does it get close to a full agonist level of relief. Bupe sucks for anyone who's used opiates before and need pain relief... I get most withdrawals relief, but again while dependant on cannabis when I run out the opiate withdrawal symptoms get worse and I never get to the point where I am not feeling like my body is fighting against me enough to disrupt my ability to function.

Yeah taco dude, if you're used to shit like oxys, dilaudid, and heroin and even shooting up the dilaudid which is probably the best short term high you can get from any opiate, don't expect a damn thing from bupe in regards to anything besides keeping w/ds at bay. If you're looking for something that will give you an uplift in mood, if cannabis works for you then that's perfect because weed is by far the safest drug out there. However if you only have a finite amount of weed and you want to have a round the clock uplift so you're not in a shitty mood you should talk to your doc about possibly getting on an ssri. I got put on Celexa and I didn't feel any different until about week 3 then I woke up one day and wanted to get out of bed right away and wanted to be productive. Which is the way life should be. It's hard to describe it but it's just an overall feeling of well being and positivity looking into the future which is something difficult to obtain especially after drug abuse. It eliminates any desire to stay in bed all day or feel sorry for yourself. However, like with any drug, it can become habit forming and you could become psychologically addicted but the w/ds are nothing compared to dillys or the h. The doc is also going to want to combine it with a benzo but fuck that. I've been through/heard too many benzo horror stories for me to suggest that for ya. But like I said, cannabis is the safest drug that I know of so if you can manage it, smoke up my friend but if you can't smoke all the time and you always feel down and out, talk to the doc about the ssri's (antidepressants) and you'll wake up one day after a couple weeks of taking it wanting to conquer the world.

It has nothing to do with mood. I just want my muscle tension to be released without a change in mental state that impedes me. That for me is opiates, but I also can get it from cannabis yet it's more likely to have side effects for me that are unhelpful

Last edited:
It has nothing to do with mood. I just want my muscle tension to be released without a change in mental state that impedes me. That for me is opiates, but I also can get it from cannabis yet it's more likely to have side effects for me that are unhelpful

Then tell your doctor that you have muscle tension and you can easily get Skelaxin or another potent muscle relaxer. Do not let him/her find out that you're doing oxys cause then your opportunity to get anything mood altering will be shot.

@ IMtrying: like AE stated before, it kind of became a "whatever's on your mind thread." Mixed with on topic discussion. Either one is fine.

- Hopeless Soul

I was prescribed oxys when doing them and I just tried skelaxtin only to end up super agitated and developing to the point of suicidal ideation I didn't take it more than once... Plus as I pointed out I want something that doesn't alter moods. I want my pain, tension, and tightness fixed, which as I said is opiates.

Anyways I don't care to say anything else I stopped posting earlier in this thread for a reason as even though I use my life experience to express my story I'm not asking for life advice especially when your closed minded enough to think I'm an addict for denying it as that's like saying someone is crazy because they won't accept they are crazy.

To finish I've told my doctor everything and anything besides lying about the sevirity or condition as that won't lead to any long term benefit at all. Basically I can only get opiates if I don't want to be on them, which I've attempted multiple times only to end up getting scripted pain meds after taking month breaks or even attempting ORT just to get an opiate as they should all manage pain right? Wrong especially at a chemical dependancy facility that does not dose for pain needs nor help anyone who needs opiates for pain get off or even manage on its own as I've seen most methadone patients scripted oxycodone before or else not getting real pain relief to the point they aren't living miserable.

Anyways this threads just off track please people talk about THC and bupe combination experiences and how it helps you or possibly create complications such as my situation of getting opiate withdrawal symptoms to a degree when running out of cannabis while dependant on bupe yet never having that issue before bupe the 5-6 years I've used cannabis.

@TaCo: "Anyways this threads just off track please people talk about THC and bupe combination experiences and how it helps you or possibly create complications such as my situation of getting opiate withdrawal symptoms to a degree when running out of cannabis while dependant on bupe yet never having that issue before bupe the 5-6 years I've used cannabis."

I was encouraging off-topic discussion, althought one dude seemed to have derailed it completely. Your experience is intiguing, so you get wd symptoms, when you cease use of cannabis?

-SS373dOH

Pretty much.... Not like full blown severe withdrawals, but definitely opiate withdrawal symptoms I never had when ceasing cannabis before bupe. Basically I get sweats, shaking, nausea, and constipation although again not full blown it is enough to mess things up for me.

Btw the bullshiting in this thread is good for slow nights like this one.

I've endured psychological wd symptoms from weed, but I've never heard of anyone enduring physical symptoms! Do you think it works that way with bupe specifically, or with most opiates? What's your hypothesis on why this occurs?

I find it intriguing, to say the least. I'm sorry you have to be the guinea pig so to speak, but I think it helps mold our understanding of the thc/bup' combo.

- Hopeless 7nos