Social The Dark Side Social Thread v. Darksiders Forever

Woke up & saw an article on my phone of a clip of Cassie Ventura & .. well I don’t even want to write his name … it REALLY reminded me of horrible shit & was already shaky from waking up from night terrors. My mind & body are all shaken … my head feels fucked. I will continue to hide from the world.
Do some self care and get some rest, that's the best you can do at times.

I don't know why this scene strikes me so much. It's not supposed to be inspiring, within the context of the show. However, I think there is some deep philosophical truth to be found within it. Confronting your shadow. Accepting it. Self actualization. It's only after we accept the parts of us we hate that we can truly begin to love ourselves.

I don't know why this scene strikes me so much. It's not supposed to be inspiring, within the context of the show. However, I think there is some deep philosophical truth to be found within it. Confronting your shadow. Accepting it. Self actualization. It's only after we accept the parts of us we hate that we can truly begin to love ourselves.

Makes me think of that Carl Rogers quote I like …
“The curious paradox is that when I accept myself just as I am, then I can change.”

Also makes me think of some other stuff …
But I won’t subject anyone to my fd up ‘The dark night of the soul’ shit I’m painfully trying to ‘Metamorphosis’ through right now

Abrazos 🌺💜❤️‍🩹

I had a strange dream, it was as if what was happening somehow got distorted. Like my dogs weren't dogs at all but human fetuses, and one was sick and had to be eliminated, so the others wouldn't get sick as well.
I was listening to a documental when I fell asleep, and later I rewatched and it was in fact about a cult leader here in Chile who drowned cat and later burned his baby son.

I very seldom do dream about stuff I hear or read about. But the cat drowning part really got to me. More than the baby burning.