Australian & Asian
    Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • AADD Moderators: swilow | Vagabond696

The Cannabis Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
what do you mean glass on glass? You can get "oil pourers" (glass, apart from the cone piece and the pipe bit that it sits on of course) from legal high stores, the mini one I got was only $25 lol. Can't believe I didnt get one sooner. No more spin shit on my weed thanks!

Glass bowl glass bong... No metal, no rubber, to toxins :)

Premium smoke wear... Id never buy one if those "oil pourers", those rubber and metal parts can release toxins when heated.

Qft^

A blown glass bong is an amazing thing. Beats the Pyrex ones floating around that people think are glass, the frosty ones with playboy logos and the like on them.

Tentram.. When you grow outdoors and tend to the garden very regularly, how do the buds come out looking compared to hydro? It's just most of the bush I've seen has very fluffy buds, they are not dense at all.

I dunno why but I thought if cared for, the buds would come out looking like hydro.

I reckon the main difference is genetic. Indica outside isnt fluffy at all. The pictures I posted a few pages back were outside and pretty dense. Pure Indica.
It doesn't look exactly like indoor but theres no way you would describe it as fluffy.

Any of you east coast fellas tried a strain called Zoid Fuel? I would love to try that one outside one year. Apparently its a hybrid of several old outdoor aussie sativa dom strains.

Obviously all of this years outdoor sativa crop has recently finished. I sampled 11 strains of marijuana over the weekend and most of it was excellent. I can't believe how much fun I had. I am so lucky to be moving in the circles I am now... Even three months ago I would just get the same crappy, commercial hydro every week. Every few months I'd get something nice if I was lucky. I made one new acquaintance and everything's changed. I literally have a dozen connects now. This time last year I had one, who was shit. (Would make me wait literally hours)

Anyway, at the moment, Cairns is absolutely flooded with some awesome MJ.

I've also chosen the strains for my indoor soil grow. At first I'm going to grow four different strains from seed a couple of times. Once I've got a bit if experience ill pick some mothers of each strain and start my grow from clones. I'm tempted to keep the mothers outside. I'm paranoid though so we'll see.

AK47 - 8 week sativa dom. hybrid
Cindy 99 or maybe even super lemon haze - both are sativa dominant hybrids
Master Kush - indica dom. hybrid
Critical Mass - indica dom. hybrid

I still dont know if im going through with it... The legal consequences are very intimidating and I very much value my liberty. I have no plans to sell to anyone, at all. I don't have any friends, the closest thing i have are drug dealers, and they never gave me anything, so they ain't getting my weed either. Any excess bud (doubtfult!)would be turned into bubble hash. I wanna get away with doing two grows a year which would be just enough to cover my needs.

I would have to have a crack at importing the seeds before I went and bought lights etc.. Should I keep my drugs at a friends house for a couple weeks when I order the seeds?

Last edited:
Anyway, at the moment, Cairns is absolutely flooded with some awesome MJ.

Do you really have to worry about the stress of importing seeds? Can't you just use some from some of that nice stuff that is around (if you get any seeds out of the bags)? Also buying lights and gear from certain places might be a risk as well, I think I've read that some of those places are watched, that's if you are buying it from shop, at the very least pay cash and dont use a CC, and even consider using ebay or something to buy the light(s).

Should I keep my drugs at a friends house for a couple weeks or what?

You can leave all your drugs at my place, no worries. I'll only smoke like some of it, I promise.

Oxyuranus I am quite jealous, I would consider that I have pretty good connections for MJ (thats about all these days though haha) but nothing like that, choice of 11 strains is fucking awesome and I bet up in Cairns they were all long flowering tropical sativas with soaring highs. I have to say I prefer indica's but the sativa buzz has grown on me as of late.

I just picked up some AK47 today, got a real nice price on it too (barely paid more than I would normally for a Q and got a half O, not that I typically buy less than ounces but made exception in this case). Honestly, it is the least crystally and potent bud that I have picked up recently but the high is excellent. I do think it was cut a little early because the high is really very sativa, although I did only have a few cones earlier so perhaps as you smoke more it settles into a stone, still, it is definately less balanced than AK I have had in the past. Due to the lack of crystals/potency I am wondering if it was grown under CFL's or something because typically when I pick up AK it has a good kick.

It has stretched my indica jar a little thin and I might not sleep as well as I usually do for the next week but in my view it is totally worth it. I don't think I have smoked bud that made me as social as this stuff did since I was in the 'Dam.

Oxyuranus, I think it is pretty ambitious to grow out 4 strains at once indoor, especially with some indica and some sativa dominant strains, that is unless you will have a couple different grow areas. Inverse square law suggests that with lighting, everytime the distance is doubles from the light source the intensity of the light is quartered, that means if you have some plants that aren't even that much taller than others then the shorter ones will get considerably less light. You can rectify this by elevating the pots the plants are in and stuff like that I suppose. But you should also consider that all those strains will have different nutrient requirements and respond differently to different growing methods and training techniques. If you consider both these factors then a 4 strain (with rather varied genetics to boot) indoor grow for a first time grower is taking on a lot.

AK47 is a nice strain but if you have picked it up recently I don't see the point in growing it out unless you really liked it alot. I got no experience with C99 but have heard/read really good things (more from a smoking than growing perspective though). Master Kush and Critical Mass I have never smoked, although I am a big fan of legit kush strains. I get the feeling that Master Kush probably isn't the best quality Kush strain one could grow, but it is probably relatively stable due to having been crossed with Skunk #1. I am under the impression that Critical Mass is probably more of a commercial strain than a connoisseur strain, but I am basing that on what I read quite a while ago and my memory is notoriously shit. I think I know where you would order Super Lemon Haze, if I am correct they also do Lemon Skunk, I have no experience with this strain but I did read a few grow/smoke reports where people were disappointed due to its similarity to Lemon Skunk but with considerably longer flowering period, so do your research before you go ahead with that one.

I don't think you need to stash your shit somewhere else just because you ordered seeds, I don't believe that attempting to import a small amount of seeds would have any real liklihood of resulting in a seizure compared to a love letter but I am sure it does happen when times are slow for the coppers. The fact you live in such a remote area probably does increase the odds of them going hard on you. Add to this, I have read and been told from many sources that Queensland is easily the hardest state to import cannabis seeds into in terms of customs grabbing them, so definately order at your own risk.

If I were you I would pick one or two of those strains to grow out first (sticking with either indica OR sativa dominant and beginner friendly strains) but because of the risk of importing seeds, if you did go that route I would probably put the initial order for the 4 or 5 strains that you want to grow, that way, if they get through then you are good for a few grows. Since it does seem that you are in some good growing circles though I would enquire if you can acquire seeds or clones and perhaps live with slightly less desirable strains for the reduced risk.

I would also say that, atleast according to all the information I am getting, you really have to pay as much attention to breeder/seedbank as you do to strain. A lot of places will claim to sell X strain but it is just some unstable cross they made and decided to rip the name off another companies successful strain.

I would also point out, keeping mother plants outside is impractical. You never want a mother plant to bud and finish her life cycle because then you can't keep taking clones off her, since (most) cannabis plants flower based on photoperiod, which you cannot control outside, so really it makes more sense to do the opposite where you kept a few mother plants vegging inside under lower electricity consuming lights like CFL's and then planted the clones outside to grow under Australia's intense sunlight for free. Just a suggestion.

I don't think you need to stash your shit somewhere else just because you ordered seeds, I don't believe that attempting to import a small amount of seeds would have any real liklihood of resulting in a seizure compared to a love letter but I am sure it does happen when times are slow for the coppers.

I have read of one case of seeds being confiscated then later the police raiding the grow op at the delivery address. I wouldn't want to take that risk. It is small but still a risk. From what I've read elsewhere usually the seeds arrive unmolested or they mysteriously disappear with no letter sent.

I should add that country of origin might make a difference in this also. Pretty sure some letters get closer attention than others depending on where they originate. When buying legitimate goods online from some main land european countries and the US they seem to get opened for inspection often.

^ It is definately possible and I wouldn't encourage anyone to take the risk and order seeds, but that doesn't mean the risk is particularly high. Obviously I can only speculate and go by what I have read, but I have read the accounts of tens of people in this country who ordered seeds which didn't arrive and they either heard nothing of it or got a love letter and that is it. I have not read of one account of people actually being raided for this (apart from the one you just posted, obviously), but as I said in my previous post, I am certain that this would happen from time to time. I think if one did decide to take the plunge, a little common sense would go a long way, if you are caught ordering say 1-10 seeds then you are probably a lot less likely to be bothered than somebody who is caught ordering 50 or several hundred, a lot of police really probably couldn't care about busting less than a handful of plants. Not to mention, if they sieze your seeds then what are you supposed to be growing MJ from? If anything, I would almost be more paranoid about them letting you get your seeds and raiding you a month or two later.

I would also suggest, that if you are ordering seeds at this time of year they are more likely to assume you are growing outdoors and raiding you is pointless as it is much harder to prove intent of growing, if you ordered in say February there is a much safer bet you are growing indoors and I would say in this instance the odds of a raid are higher because if they found lights and stuff they could probably still charge you with something related to growing.

I have never ordered seeds or anything, I have done a fair bit of reading though, so take my opinion with a grain of salt. For the record, I am not encouraging anyone to order seeds, infact in the interests of harm reduction I would encourage the opposite. Just because I believe that there isn't a great risk of being raided doesn't mean that there isn't, and even if there isn't so long as there is some risk you can still get fucked over. It is entirely possible to obtain seeds and clones from within the country and one should always elect to use this method if possible as it carries much less risk, even if it is potentially a little bit less rewarding due to lesser potency or more limited choice. Apparently there is a domestic seed supplier online but I have no idea as to their reliability and from what I have seen their prices are outlandish.

I've ordered seeds online a few times and had no issues. They came from Canada. I also had clones sent to me in the old vhs cassette cases domestically. All worked out fine, but as stated above there's no way I would recommend it, looking back I think it was a stupid move, especially since it was all tracked (payment and sent to my own growing address). I've also grown from bag seed before that was a great success and I didn't have to pay or stress at all for the seeds, but that was also when I grew outdoor, the seeds I ordered and the clones were for a hydro grow, and that was all around 10 or more yrs ago.

what strains did you get if you remember? let me guess northern lights and skunk red hair?

d_m could you send me a link to this seed bank? A few years ago there was a seed bank running out of WA. The owners name was Potty. He started a cannabis forum called 'pottysworld'. He passed away to cancer a couple of years ago, I remember his step brother or brother was going to continue sales but it never picked up again. He was a good bloke with legitimate strains.

If anything, I would almost be more paranoid about them letting you get your seeds and raiding you a month or two later.

That would be a worry also. I think the more cautious people would order seeds to be sent to a place where nothing untoward was occurring at all.

Good point about stuff being available locally anyway. Also like Pole Driver was saying some times bagseed can be awesome.

what strains did you get if you remember? let me guess northern lights and skunk red hair?
It's hard to recall now, one was a skunk something, not red hair tho, another was new york city diesel I think it was called, I wish I could recall more of them, as I had quite a few others too. Some of the seeds came in that plastic real estate sign stuff with channels running down, cut down into like maybe 4 fingers wide and the channels were blocked up with tissue on the open ends with the seeds inside them. If you get me. The cuttings were in vhs cassettes with grow things on the end that were slightly wet and in a guaranteed o'night delivery bag, the first lot didn't take and they sent me another 4 after I told them, which ended up taking and working.

Some were from that old aussie seed bank site that got busted and closed down called MJOZ which had contacts from canada (and other places OS) and locally, and some were from another seed bank site from OS that I cant recall the name of anymore. Back in the over grow days.

I really ordered way too many for what I was doing, but I grew some nice plants in my flood and drain set up in an unused caravan. I had to move a yr or two later after starting and I ended up giving all the left over seeds, which there was quite a few of to a mate in the byron shire who grew lots of them outdoor on their property and I got to see them growing in various stages. And I got given some of the end product in buds and cookies.

d_m could you send me a link to this seed bank? A few years ago there was a seed bank running out of WA. The owners name was Potty. He started a cannabis forum called 'pottysworld'. He passed away to cancer a couple of years ago, I remember his step brother or brother was going to continue sales but it never picked up again. He was a good bloke with legitimate strains.

That's no good to hear, I was part of that site for a while, they (or he) had a great forum and did give aways and stuff.

That's no good to hear, I was part of that site for a while, they (or he) had a great forum and did give aways and stuff.
Yeah bro, that's how I was sourcing my seeds for a good year or two, through the giveaways and comps they would have monthly.

Got anything on the go ATM PD?

nah mate, don't grow, hardly even smoke anymore.

Edit - I would like to though, if we had the same law here as say the ACT or SA does where it is OK to grow a plant or two on your own property with only the risk of a fine, then I would grow the 2 biggest plants I could as I have a nice place and property to do so. The cops do lots of raids in my area every spring/summer though and at this point I'm not prepared to risk it. I wish the laws were different.

Last edited:
Grew a few crops back in the day, here and overseas. Ordered online around 4-5 times, but to Oz for the first time ordered a few packs of seeds online around Christmas last year, came through customs OK but they did have pretty good stealth. PM if you would like details of strains/seed shop etc.
Planning on at least another outdoor, did a couple of plants last season but nothing much. Would love to get an indoor grow going soon!
Also been spoilt for choice lately, bubble hash and moroccan, as well as bud. None left atm unfortunately... :D

Hey DM,

Yeah, I'm so happy with my weed social life now. 11 strains is pretty exceptional though lol. This is the first time in my life I've had excellent connections. The first two years I spent in Cairns with a shitty connect. Wet, shit, Asian hydro for the most part, trichomes normally very hard to see. But then that's what you get for expecting a crack head to buy good weed for you. He got me sick ice though haha.Thankfully I slowly worked my way up. My last guy was good, had nice weed but not much variety.

Thanks a lot for your input mate. Those are some very detailed and helpful posts. I've only been researching growing for a couple of weeks. I guess it might seem like a rash decision, but I thought I'd go ahead and order the seeds ASAP, to see if they get through and all. I can get clones here and I guess seeds are around too. The only problem is I am very reluctant to let anyone at all know I'm growing. Especially people I don't know that well and who operate on the other side of the law. I don't wanna get robbed, there's lots of guns in FNQ lol.

I loved AK47, its been one of my favourite smokes so far. I have been thinking about replacing it with AK48 actually but am a bit put off by its mixed reviews.

Critical Mass is the only one I wasn't too sure on. A guy I met in hospital grew it, and he loved the stuff. He ranted and raved about it all day lol. I was really drawn by its big yields as well.

But you see, the more reading I do, the more strains I want and the less I can make up my mind. If can justify the cash I'll probably place 3 small orders from separate vendors. I'm really intrigued by Barneys Farm. Pineapple chunk, LSD and Critical Kush all sound amazing. They are extremely potent (~25% thc), HUGE yields (600-750g m2 SoG) and they get excellent smoke reviews. Very expensive seeds though.

I've decided ill use an old reptile cage with CFLs as a veg box for the mothers.

I'm going to check out SR next time I can get to a PC as well. Maybe I can get seeds on the domestic marketplace there.

Gotta buy weed tomorrow. Fingers crossed for another nice strain!

EDIT:

Oh, and I was intending to only grow one strain at a time. I just wanted to have enough to get started with for the first 12 months or so. I'm not that ambitious!

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.