Australian & Asian
    Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • AADD Moderators: swilow | Vagabond696

The Cannabis Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I had both the strains in Amsterdam last November. The Sour Diesel was nothing special. I had been looking forward to trying the fuel strains for years and was disappointed.

The OG Kush from Baba I found to be exactly the same as high grade commercial Cannabis that is sold here in Australia. It was great and was probably the 5th best strain I tried over there.

Personally if you are keen on trying a good fuel strain I would recommend Chemdawg over Sour Diesel hands down, Chemdawg is the shit, I got some really nice Chemdawg from a coffeeshop called Bluebird and I loved it. For any rap fans out there if you find yourself in Amsterdam Bluebird coffeeshop seemed to be playing it in the smoking room every time I went there. :)

AS13, I don't think theres any question that a few states in the US have surpassed Amsterdam in terms of the overall quality of bud there, but right now Amsterdam is still the most accessible to somebody passing through. There definately is a misconception that all of the weed in Amsterdam is great and this is not true, however with a little bit of research, knowledge and common sense it is very easy to consistently obtain great weed from coffeeshops there, this goes doubley so if you hook up with some people that reside there or atleast visit regularly.

Oxyuranus if you are able it might be more cost effective to plant some outdoors, the season starts in late September/October so it isn't long till you can plant them. The season is like 6-8 months though depending how early you plant and how long of a flowering period the bud you plant has. If you go the indoor route you can be harvesting in as little as 3 months.

I am definately doing outdoors this year, hoping I can grow enough to be self sufficient and stop supporting the black market entirely. I thought a month from now is a little bit early to plant outdoors? Or do you mean you are going to sprout them under CFL's and give em a couple weeks under the light before going outside? I thought a couple weeks into September was the earliest time one would really want to do it, because of low temperatures potentially stressing the young plants? I was basically planning on planting in late September or the first week of October absolute latest.

I haven't chosen any strains personally, I am not 100% I will get any as I do have a decent amount of seeds from a mates grow last year and that was really nice bud, I got another friend who also grew nice bud who is willing to swap me a handful of seeds from his last crop for a handful of the seeds I have, so either way I am guaranteed to have two nice indica dominant strains to smoke. If I were to order any then I would order one or two stable, relatively high potency indica strains, probably sticking to Kush, Northern Lights or 'White' varieties. I do have a suspicion that a lot of the weed we get in Australia would have a lot of those genetics in them though as we do have a very indica dominated market and they are all relatively high producers with good potency and relative growing ease, for this reason I would think about getting a less conventional indica strain as well, just so I definately had something quite different to what does the rounds commercially. I Would probably grab a few beans sativa dominant strain as well, but a hybrid like Strawberry Cough or Amnesia Haze that grows like an indica while maintaining a sativa like buzz. I think that longer flowering sativa's are probably not the best choice for a first grow, and this goes doubley so when growing in backyards without particularly high fences or guerilla gardening. The closest I would go to a pure sativa is probably Super Silver Haze because that really is a fucking lovely smoke and I believe it still flowers in less than 15 weeks.

Last edited:
I wanna smoke weed everyday for the rest of my life, i love the stuff best way to relax after a day of work.

But these days after a cone i get super anxious, where talking people i dont know it almost is very difficult. Parranoid etc

I only noticed this after abour a year of monthly mdma use. I suffer from a bit of anxiety when im sober but nothing I cant handle (thx to meditation & buddism <3)

How do you guys deal with this shit?

^ I had very similar issues. I simply stopped smoking pot.

I always had anxiety issues, along with other problems, but pot seemed to exacerbate the problem to an extent I could no longer deal with. I tried, for years, due to what I suppose now is peer pressure. But I did enjoy it too, just my experience was always overshadowed by extreme paranoia and anxiety (which I've ALWAYS suffered from, I don't think pot was to blame for that) and extreme self consciousness so being an introvert, I simply decided to stop using potevery day even though all my friends were. It was the best decision I've ever made, I was worries when I was so young that my friends would no longer like me because I wasn't smoking with them, but that wasn't the case at all. Life continued as normal.

Oxyuranus I forgot to mention, I don't think autoflowering seeds are likely to have results as potent or with as good of a yield as cannabis that flowers based on photoperiod. Ruderalis traditionally has been regarded as pretty damn shitty weed and while I understand that some of the newer autoflowering strains are supposed to be quite high quality I doubt they match up to their standard counterparts. I also think that autoflowers are probably less of a challenge and overall less fun than normal ones, but not everyone is lookign for a challenge or fun when growing, some people just want smoke, plus I am just speculating that auto's are less fun or challenging since I have no experience.

You should probably take this with a grain of salt because I don't have heaps of experience growing and have never grown an auto. I have supervised and helped with a number of grows but I have never even really had my own plant that was mine so yeah, there are others who's opinion is based on a lot more experience than mine.

I think auto's do have a place in growing but mostly just for planting one or two alongside your main crop so you get a few ounces of smoke a little earlier than you would otherwise.

Autos are indeed weaker... Although short stuff seeds "blue himilaya" strain, when grown right, will knock you on your ass.

They are not challenging, very nutrient hungry, and most genetics are unstable.

Also, if not veg'd quick enough, I've seen some 6 INCH tall plants with one big and weak 7 gram bud on it. Risky to grow as the cost to grow outweighs the end product :)

So anyone else preparing or know of someone else, their garden beds or whatever setup for the up n coming months when she's all good to go? Apart from d_m and myself?

I'm getting all my tools cleaned up, snipper and mower maintenance taken care of, to clear out my vege patch I've been using the last.2 years.

Really, the main and moat important, yet like the least expensive, part - new soil and planting mixture. I grow.ALL natural. All I do is trim and train as needed along with watering and that's it.

Thankfully it'll take me 2-3 hours max to have it.already to play patience for.up to and mainly around the.4-6 month time period until the fruits and buds of my labour start to become.apparent. and before tmuch longer I'm left with a 20L packing container ready to fill to the brim with the fruit. Enough there for my own eating for 6 months plus. With some left on the side to gift friends n family with.

Can easily save a couple.grand as I'm not buying it.from a store let alone from other local producers who live on the same street.

Not.a bad little nest egg.to save myself over that time to.save most of and take a.break away from this place for.a while. Dependent on where.I travel of.course :)

Thanks guys. I'm worried about importing seed too. So if I'm going to risk it, the reward has to be there. Looks like ill be going with the photoperiod strains. I might get a couple of autoflowers as you suggested, just to see how they turn out.

I reckon I'll grow some strawberry cough and white rhino. I have a mate who has grown white strains for a very long time so hopefully he can give me some guidance. I have never even grown tomatoes.

Oh and D_M, I meant growing indoors under HPS lights in soil rather than pebbles or coco.

I live in cairns so would love to grow outdoors. I'd love a few land race sativas in the backyard. I'd go with chocolate thai I reckon, that was a very nice smoke. All of my neighbours have children and my backyard is quite open so I can't risk it. I get 11 hours or so of direct, tropical sun though so I'm sure it would be perfect.

What are you growing this season floatingaround?

I'm really excited about weed again for the first time in years!!

Last edited:
Tentram.. When you grow outdoors and tend to the garden very regularly, how do the buds come out looking compared to hydro? It's just most of the bush I've seen has very fluffy buds, they are not dense at all.

I dunno why but I thought if cared for, the buds would come out looking like hydro.

^ I had very similar issues. I simply stopped smoking pot.

I always had anxiety issues, along with other problems, but pot seemed to exacerbate the problem to an extent I could no longer deal with. I tried, for years, due to what I suppose now is peer pressure. But I did enjoy it too, just my experience was always overshadowed by extreme paranoia and anxiety (which I've ALWAYS suffered from, I don't think pot was to blame for that) and extreme self consciousness so being an introvert, I simply decided to stop using potevery day even though all my friends were. It was the best decision I've ever made, I was worries when I was so young that my friends would no longer like me because I wasn't smoking with them, but that wasn't the case at all. Life continued as normal.

Thanks for sharing your experience mate. m so pissed i get affected like this, i love the stuff.

twas planning on doing a indoor grow using led grow lights. Anyone got any experience with led grow lights

I reckon I'll grow some strawberry cough and white rhino. I have a mate who has grown white strains for a very long time so hopefully he can give me some guidance. I have never even grown tomatoes.

Go with the White Russian. It is much better than White Rhino. If you want the best Cannabis in the country then go for Star Bud Sister by Hortilab. That one is so good and created such a stir at last years cup that it "had to go away for a while". It is by far the best Cannabis I have ever consumed. No idea how easy it is to grow though.

^ what genetics were used to create starbud? I've grown a lot of Hortilab seeds and the phenos are really bad. I've had 3 plants all same strain and seeds and all looked different not to mention the smoke varied from heavy sativa to heavy indica.

AFA, the only real suggestion I have if you are feeling anxious from weed and you think it has to do with MDMA abuse is to lay off the MDMA for awhile. Back when I abused the shit out of MDMA I never got anxiety from weed but that was a good few years ago and I really only hit it too hard for about 18 months.

Sometimes I can be prone to anxiety from weed, especially smoking certain sativa's. Often there seems to be an annual influx of barely manicured 'bush buds' that go around which I suspect is a near pure sativa that is pulled down a little early for the sake of quick cash and to avoid both bud rot and police helicopter raids. Smoking this stuff in particular tends to make me paranoid and anxious at times. I find drinking some beer while I am smoking is a pretty easy solution to any anxiety that weed is giving me, but I have observed that a majority of people don't really handle this combo too well, tending to either get the spins/nauseated and/or passing out easily.

Oxy, I am not too familiar with how Chocolate Thai grows but I would be wary when selecting strains with much Thai lineage as I have read from many sources that Thai is very prone to going hermy, it also has a very long flowering period which increases the liklihood that the buds will encounter extreme cold weather before they are ready and this stress can make the plant turning hermaphrodite even more likely. Being up in Cairns would be one of the better places to attempt this though, I think I would have a hell of a time taking any Thai strain to finish down here in the South East suburbs of Melbourne. Still I think for a first time grower any of these 20 week + flowering pure sativa strains will present a challenge.

VB I have never even heard of Star Bud Sister apart from when you were at last years cannabis cup and going on about it. A quick google search only turns up a couple other references to it, and apparently it only came in 3rd in the mostly indica category anyway which would suggest many don't share your opinion that it is the best (although it is obviously nice weed). It doesn't really seem to be a strain that the seeds are available either so it isn't a particularly helpful suggestion in terms of telling people what to grow. There can be a pretty substantial difference in terms of what is a great strain to smoke and what is a great strain to grow, especially when it is in the hands of a novice grower.

There's a chance I've had White Russian before and it was a gorgeous smoke. I was not given the strain name but am rather basing my identification on photographs and strain reviews. That's a good suggest thanks green can. You sure can be a helpful bloke.

Eww D_M you spoil weed by mixing it with alcohol? Don't tell me that you use spin as well? Haha. Thanks for your help today as well mate.

Has anyone tried tobacco out of their Vaporizer? Spun or straight? I LOVE my cigarettes but I reckon that'd be pretty gross eh

I wanna grow me some Manatuska thunderfuck

Last edited:
VB I have never even heard of Star Bud Sister apart from when you were at last years cannabis cup and going on about it. A quick google search only turns up a couple other references to it, and apparently it only came in 3rd in the mostly indica category anyway which would suggest many don't share your opinion that it is the best (although it is obviously nice weed). It doesn't really seem to be a strain that the seeds are available either so it isn't a particularly helpful suggestion in terms of telling people what to grow. There can be a pretty substantial difference in terms of what is a great strain to smoke and what is a great strain to grow, especially when it is in the hands of a novice grower.

Star Bud Sister wasn't entered last year due to the politics. I assume you are talking about the Starbud strain?

It was being sold by the Grey Area and Voyagers who refuse to enter the contest as they don't believe in buying votes.

FYI... DON'T SPIN!

If you can't smoke weed without tobacco, put less in your bowl or have less puffs of a spliff... :) IMO

Spin is for spun crackhead bogans. Ahahaha nah, I tried it for a few months. It certainly did a great job of stretching out my stash. We got nice Adelaide grown weed in Darwin though and in the end it wasn't worth the sacrifice in taste. My lungs couldn't cope either. Jeez, watching my old roommate at ADFA smoke tobacco cones when he ran out of weed scared me eh.

VB is starbud sister that Adelaide strain you spoke about after last years cannabis cup?

Best thread on bluelight or what fellas?

Last edited:
I do spin my weed, a lot less than most others who spin though. I have been meaning to try and stop but since I hardly smoke cigarettes and get 90% of my nicotine via mix it is kind of hard, because I am not trying to fully kick tobacco and it would be impractical and a financial hit (and probably worse for my health) to start smoking cigarettes every day. I am used to shitty Aussie style bongs and have been meaning to upgrade to glass on glass for some time, but have been in a pretty bad spot financially since I got back from travelling late last year (totally worth it though!). When I finally get around to obtaining a nice glass on glass piece I will, at the very least reduce, if not stop spinning weed I smoke in bongs all together.

I actually believe that a little bit of tobacco improves a joint, it burns a bit better and as somebody who smokes tobacco anyway I don't find a little bit to be detrimental to the taste. As a tobacco smoker I find it to be a little less harsh as well, obviously that is down to personal preference.

VB there is a thread on a well known cannabis forum where the first post is congratulating Hortilabs for their placement in the Cannabis Cup. I just noticed it is actually dated the 25th of April 2012 so I guess they must be talking about either the year before or a different Cannabis Cup... If you search "star bud sister" on google it is the second result of 5, it may interest you to know the number one result is you talking the strain up on Bluelight.

I don't know shit about the politics surrounding the cannabis cup but I don't really get why any place wouldn't enter their high quality products into the comp. Even if some votes are being bought surely there is some integrity left, even if there isn't one would think it increases the exposure of the particular coffee shop as having very high quality strains. Even if you buy a judges vote to vote for your strain to win, they are still going to go and buy the strain they really liked the most for their personal smoke. Assuming the source I am talking about is correct they did enter the cup in 2011 and I would be very curious as to what changed between 2011 and 2012 in terms of corruption in HTCC judging. It seems more likely to me that they placed third one year and weren't likely to even place there the following so didn't bother, than having anything to do with corruption in the way HTCC is judged. I could be way off because I am clearly speculating but that just makes more sense to me.

D_M if it interests you, you can get quality black leaf glass on glass bongs frm Australia for around $70.

I had a 2ft straight neck with ice catchers and it was awesome. Hit like an absolute champ. Quality 5mm glass too. The only problem was that the hole in the bowl piece was very large and you needed to use screens. That's on a 2ft bong though, their others may be different. Anyway, I gave that bong away to a mate when I got my volcano. Fuck combustion man.

Status
Not open for further replies.