The calm and mature Lounge standards discussion thread ( not a "post pics" thread)

so,
a priest, a jew, an islamic extremist, a homosexual, a vegan and guineapig walk into a bar. the old lady bartender turns to the priest, the jew, the islamic extremist, the homosexual and the vegan and says, "you're gonna have to leave you dog outside."

LOL...that's soooo true! Bartenders are always making the priests, Jews, Islamic extremists, homosexuals and vegans leave their dogs outside!

body_butt.gif

PLURmonster said:
LOL...that's soooo true! Bartenders are always making the priests, Jews, Islamic extremists, homosexuals and vegans leave their dogs outside!

In Arab culture, dogs are considered dirty, so it's unlikely that you'd see a non-closeted Islamic extremist with a dog as a pet.

Now wasn't that a fun fact!

kittyinthedark said:
^hahahaha!!!!!!! =D

But okay, now that we've reached seven pages as a result of my roast, I guess I'll weigh in. :D

I don't think bringing up a serious rape is funny, even in the Lounge. It crosses a line that will more likely than not be incredibly insulting and hurtful. It's not a topic that really bears joking around when we're talking about an actual event. HOWEVER, the context in which it was mentioned in my thread I think was reasonably acceptable. It was a roast. We all knew what the intentions were, and it was pretty clear from the get go which topics were gonna come up. My TDS forays have provided more than enough material for that kind of thing, and to be honest, I'm surprised people didn't lay into me a little more for it. That being said, I do appreciate those who expressed dismay and those who stood up for me. I'm really really glad that people care enough about me to have said something, and it's important to make yourself heard when you are offended. When boundaries are crossed, we should never acquiesce.

But another however, when the whole LID thing happened, everyone just mocked her further. The fact that so much shit hit the fan when it was suddenly about a long time member does say something, and that something smells of at least a little hypocrisy.

But hey, the lounge is the lounge. It's a place for lines to be crossed. Personally, I'd rather see stuff like this taken to PM before we get all up in arms about the situation. Like I said before, it's far from wrong to be upset, but come on, do we need to derail a roast, then start a seven page bitchfest when someone does something a little off-color? Really, I can't express enough how much I love all you guys and how happy I am that many of you care enough about me to have gotten really batshit insane (you all make me smile <3 xoxo), but come on guys, let's just chill and have some fun. :)

I have a statement and a question for you kitty:

1) This thread was not solely because of your roast but a discussion of the lounge as a whole. I have stated that a few times in this thread already and didnt think I had to repeat myself, but there you go- I asked some questions at the beginning of the thread which I would have liked the participants in this thread to answer if they are capable (thanks to all that did btw). Again, this is not about you.

2) If your roast thread had have gone the other way and totally gone completely overboard about giving you heaps of shit about fantasising about being raped then posting in the dark side about actually being raped (as generic mind did) with absolutely NO ONE objecting whatsoever, how would you have felt in that case? When would you have drawn the line and contacted DD to reign it in?

Look- as much as it is no ones buisness to complain since you didnt, I actually thought it was quite nice that a few people felt concern for you and were thinking of your feelings, even though it wasnt necessary.

And i don't have a single priest, jew, islamic extremist, or vegan friend.

bahhhhhhhh!!!!!!!!!!
gineapig was the dog! GINEAPIG WAS THE DOG!
the bartender was calling GINEAPIG A DOG!!!!

zephyr said:
2) If your roast thread had have gone the other way and totally gone completely overboard about giving you heaps of shit about fantasising about being raped then posting in the dark side about actually being raped (as generic mind did) with absolutely NO ONE objecting whatsoever, how would you have felt in that case?

This would never have happened, because, as other people in this thread have said, the Lounge is a self-regulating environment. If a poster's online persona is sufficiently genuine (i.e. they are not a faker or troll), they will have their defenders if/when serious personal shit gets aired.

As for the whole LID drama, I was on hiatus when it went down, so I don't know everything, but I'm under the impression that there was a suspicion of her rape story being fabricated (this is why I put all the qualifications in my replies to GenericMind's comments) due to the fact that LID was a bullshitting troll. This probably explains why nobody jumped to her defense.

that's right
and let us not forget, LID was in fact Saddam Hussein

15.gif
:D
14.gif

5-HT2 said:
As for the whole LID drama, I was on hiatus when it went down, so I don't know everything, but I'm under the impression that there was a suspicion of her rape story being fabricated (this is why I put all the qualifications in my replies to GenericMind's comments) due to the fact that LID was a bullshitting troll. This probably explains why nobody jumped to her defense.

Weird. The impression I got from reading those LID threads was that she was just someone who was unable to cope with criticism which caused her to get get extremely defensive and troll-like when everyone started to gang up on her. The issue didn't seem to be that people thought she was lying, it seemed to be that people didn't care. I think it's pretty ironic that several people who felt the need to criticize me for posting what I did were more than willing to participate in threads where terminally ill relatives, miscarriages, and rape were mocked simply because LID wasn't liked.

Last edited:
^^ Accurate. Mob mentality took over.

Morality is always on a sliding scale, and don't ever kid yourself about that. There is no such thing as absolute morality.

kittyinthedark said:
But another however, when the whole LID thing happened, everyone just mocked her further. The fact that so much shit hit the fan when it was suddenly about a long time member does say something, and that something smells of at least a little hypocrisy.

But hey, the lounge is the lounge. It's a place for lines to be crossed. Personally, I'd rather see stuff like this taken to PM before we get all up in arms about the situation.

I'd like to officially take back my crack in your roast about needing a better sense of humor and thicker skin =D

and I didn't think LID was "troll" either, as in intentionally coming to BL with no intent other than to cause a ruckus. I definitely think she fed off of the negative attention, but I think she would have done the same with positive attention. wasn't she pretty established on dancesafe, like she claimed to be?

I can only assume by LID y'all mean Lily is Dancing? How is it that someone whose BL persona was so short lived has manifested as it's own acronym, jealousy, alter ego, peanut butter sandwich?

Honestly there is a real primary school yard mentality to the lounge, and anyone who is open and honest enough to bear their soul is inevitably ridiculed and ganged up upon. It's sad, but in my opinion a true reflection of humanity.

Others who have been bearing the brunt of the BL population have stated clearly that people just seem to jump on the bandwagon, abusing and generally poking fun at someone just because everyone else seems to do so. I don't have a problem with this, as I really am not addicted to BL as some are, but for some reason I seem to fly under the radar when it comes to drama... at least as far as I am aware. But I distance myself enough to be indifferent to petty jibes made by people I will never meet in the real world. All that said, I do feel I 'know' some BLers, through PMs, a critical evaluation of their posts, and thus I think I can almost call them friends; but friends to be kept at an arm's length, for they could turn out to be a bunch of twelve year olds let loose on a library computer.

It's all in good fun, and it's common sense not to share your inner most insecurities with strangers on an internet message board, so have a truck load of salt handy and pinch away at it as required.

SardonicNihilist said:
I can only assume by LID y'all mean Lily is Dancing? How is it that someone whose BL persona was so short lived has manifested as it's own acronym, jealousy, alter ego, peanut butter sandwich?

dont believe in fairy tales kids. There was never any person named LilyisDancing IRL. She was just an alterego who was played off perfectly

^whoah, you just blew my mind man. nah that can't be troo.