• Psychedelic Drugs Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

The Big & Dandy Yopo Thread

1st time insuflated I saw something that looked like a person when I closed my eyes! the dress it was wearing was gorgous, It was standing in front of my eyelids in hyper crisp reality, it seemed like a perfect bend between an angel and a demon, but it seemed to have technological/futuristic or magic qualities. The intense burning of the nose brought me back down to earth pretty quick and the set was pretty dumb(some on was playing half life two in an other room on full volume on a stereo) so after a bit the sounds of the game brought me back.
another time i did it in a park and leter got into a van with others non tripping, well this one girl who was on a suicide tuesday from rolling was going on and on about her past two days, pretty boring for everyone else, And I began to see fire demons playing around in front of my closed eyes. Another time I took some in a quiet dark room, sitting thinking about childbirth and genetics for some reason and for a moment I thought there where 4 or 5 small figures running by my bed side, well, they dissapeared. I thought they looked like elves with big heads.
I then did a small bit later in the day time on a long lunch break from work, Did not notice anything except it left a lasting energy and smell/taste that I am not sure has left me yet.

also one time a some rats broke through the bag and ate some, first time that has ever happened to me.

I quite regularly use yopo in lower doses, as a stimulant, using the seed, with 1/3 Ca(OH)2, insufflated, as a stimulant, my seeds seem to be really potent, as maybe 1/3 of a seed roughly, is enough to give a strong body-buzz and electric sensations down the spine, legs and body.

I have to be in court tomorrow, early, have a damn good guess at what will be keeping me awake tonight=D

:)I'm wondering how the DMT and the 5-meo is active via insuffilation?I thought an MAOI was supposed to be present for it to be orally activated,I know the mucous membranes obviously absorb them when used as a snuff so is this the determining factor for it's ability to induce tryptamine states?I also read in P.Staffords new book "Heavenly Highs" that the yopo powder can be mixed with salvia then smoked for a more intense experience. Does anyone know of,or had any experiences with this combo? I'm about to fire the two up in my gravity bong so,I'll probably return in 20 minutes or so to report the outcome. Wish me luck,it's time for blast off! 10...9...8...7...

8o 8o 8o 8o 8o 8o

hmmm...the rush has passed,I'll increase dose next time but i do think miss sally has a friend.2 seeds and one mid grade leaf,a combo of slightly below moderate effects of both.nice.it didn't blow my mind but im eager to push it up a notch...id give it my seal of approval,if that means anything to any of you..%)

How was it? Energetic rush? Was there a lot of mental activity (different thoughts) or were you just focused? What was the onset like? Do you think this could be a useful tool at higher dose?

i doubt you have yopo, most seeds sold as Anadenanthera peregrina are actually A. columbria. unless you collected them yourself from a mature tree thats probably what you have.

you dont need an maoi unless orally ingesting it as the pathways it takes in your body are different.

the rush was definitely on the 5-meo tip,psycologically speaking I remained an earthling but definite clor enhancement,tracers and the usual sally weirdness.I only used 1 and a half of the seed and a modest amount of leaf so I will definitely double that tomorrow night and maybe use it a moment or two after sniffing 1 seed but the potential useage as a tool is w/out a doubt worth exploration...I recommend it! No signs of toxicity or side effects either=D

i got them from the sh***ns ga**en and that is what the label says they are but you may be right...my experience with them is only countable on one hand so...who knows?the san pedro i was sent tho is nice and healthy and looking good

source discussion, tsk tsk.

has anyone ever done a yopo extraction ala mimosa?
wonder if the extract would be worth a damn or not. what are the alkaloid % per weight? these shiny little bastards are packing bufotine, arent they?

Last edited:
source?i bleeped out the "bad" parts!It isn't easy to decipher now,right?oops m* b*d! I"LL ke** tha* *n mi*d,th*nk*!;)

world tree

ive been working with a shaman in bolivia with the vilca snuff for a number of years now. and i have done alot of research includeing a good conversation with Ott on the subject and manuel Torres.
its really not the DMT thats nasaly active because it isnt. 5meodmt is but nndmt isnt.when you smoke the seeds you dont get much from them, its the same as snuffing them with out any limes staone paste you get a head rush and it hurts and thats about it. besides a mild stoneing effect. when mixed with the lime stone paste they sell at asian markets for betel chews and cooking. its mind blowing when you snuff it. the closest thing that it could be compaired to is free baseing nndmt. its unreal how powerfull it is. and its really the bufotine that is effecting you not the dmt or the 5meodmt its the bufotine. so says Ott.
a typical method which has been passed around the internet which i came up with is mixing a pea sized amount of lime stone paste to 4 toasted seeds which have been ground to a very fine powder. and snuff. it helps to shuck the seeds of thier shells before you pullverize them. yopo as most call it or vilca as we call it in bolivia is alot like a short 2 hour ayahuasca session just very fast with all the wonderfull side effects and visions rushed into a 2 to 1 1/2 hours. you can get alot of work done in a short time.
unless your prety dedicated to a shamanic practice i wouldnt recomend yopo actualy. it will kick your ass and i mean hard. ive seen people completely loose thier minds on this stuff on a regular basis fighting for control and trying to deal with the pain of insulflation.
the lime stone is essential it makes the alkaliods absorbable in the mucous membrane. some people do have some ucces doing this sublingualy with some bakeing soda or lime stone. but i dont think its worth it.
once you have seen what you can see with snuffing it with lime stone its hard to evn hold the experince up t anything else. its hard core, very primal. but visulay some of the most amazing tings ive ever seen. spirits come and work with you you can see them as soon as it kicks in. pretty wonderfull medicine.

good info,i've gone the snuff route minus the lime(I read in Staffords writing as well that it wasn't necessary to make the alkoloids active,but you can't believe everything you read)and it was no doubt on the same page as free base 5-MEO in intensity just longer lasting for me at least.The rush I experienced last night was no placebo or misunderstood salvia experience,it was clearly active to a degree,not like the snuff but FAR less painful.So the n,n dmt in the seeds are inactive with either method of ingestion?Will an MAOI help push things along?

A well respected friend with a talent for removing DMT from mimosa bark has used DMT with success as a snuff. I don't think it is accurate to say DMT is not active via insufflation.

its really not the DMT thats nasaly active because it isnt
it is active nasally, but there is not enough in a few seeds to be really felt

tickle said:
ive been working with a shaman in bolivia with the vilca snuff for a number of years now. and i have done alot of research includeing a good conversation with Ott on the subject and manuel Torres.
its really not the DMT thats nasaly active because it isnt. 5meodmt is but nndmt isnt.when you smoke the seeds you dont get much from them, its the same as snuffing them with out any limes staone paste you get a head rush and it hurts and thats about it. besides a mild stoneing effect. when mixed with the lime stone paste they sell at asian markets for betel chews and cooking. its mind blowing when you snuff it. the closest thing that it could be compaired to is free baseing nndmt. its unreal how powerfull it is. and its really the bufotine that is effecting you not the dmt or the 5meodmt its the bufotine. so says Ott.
a typical method which has been passed around the internet which i came up with is mixing a pea sized amount of lime stone paste to 4 toasted seeds which have been ground to a very fine powder. and snuff. it helps to shuck the seeds of thier shells before you pullverize them. yopo as most call it or vilca as we call it in bolivia is alot like a short 2 hour ayahuasca session just very fast with all the wonderfull side effects and visions rushed into a 2 to 1 1/2 hours. you can get alot of work done in a short time.
unless your prety dedicated to a shamanic practice i wouldnt recomend yopo actualy. it will kick your ass and i mean hard. ive seen people completely loose thier minds on this stuff on a regular basis fighting for control and trying to deal with the pain of insulflation.
the lime stone is essential it makes the alkaliods absorbable in the mucous membrane. some people do have some ucces doing this sublingualy with some bakeing soda or lime stone. but i dont think its worth it.
once you have seen what you can see with snuffing it with lime stone its hard to evn hold the experince up t anything else. its hard core, very primal. but visulay some of the most amazing tings ive ever seen. spirits come and work with you you can see them as soon as it kicks in. pretty wonderfull medicine.

Yeah...its the bufotenin for sure. There is too little of anything else in any Anadenathera seeds to be active in any of the snuffs. That's been proven many times in recent years. Its an old myth that the effects are from DMT or 5-MeO-DMT. They just don't contain enough of them to have any effects.

I know that free base bufotenin is VERY NICE, similar to DMT when used as a snuff or sublingually. However, I've found calcium bufotenate to be better. This is what's in the snuff, NOT free base bufotenin. It checked it out. Because bufotenin is a weak acid, when you mix bufotenin with water and a strong base like calcium oxide or calcium hydroxide, it can only form a calcium salt, NOT a free base compound! He's supposed to be a chemist. He should know that. Ott missed the boat and studied the wrong thing! Free base bufotenin isn't in any snuff!:p I hope Ott tries calcium bufotenate and does a report on it. I'd like to see his reaction.:) He'll be AMAZED.=D Pure calcium bufotenate is absolutely awesome...much better than DMT.;)

Yopo!

So I made an order from an enthobotanical site the other day. I have 26 grams of yopo seeds coming. I've always been interested in Yopo seeds and they sound intriguing. I read about the snuff mixture which requires edible lime, baking soda and a dab of water. The problem is that I took that to be optional, only for taste and comfort. After reading some more, it turns out that it is needed in order for your body to properly take in the DMT.

So I guess my questions are:

1.) Is it really absolutely necessary to have edible lime/baking soda?
2.) If it is necessary, what store would carry such a thing as edible lime?
3.) If it's hard to find, what else might I be able to substitute, in order for it to get properly absorbed?
4.) Aside from an extraction is there any other way to administer yopo seeds?

Comments and input from anyone who has experimented with Yopo seeds is greatly appreciated.