• Psychedelic Drugs Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

The Big & Dandy Yopo Thread

It is probably necessary to use the edible lime. You can get it at chinese food stores or online. You can smoke the yopo seeds I've done it before. You have to do a bunch in a bong. mildly interesting effects and weird headache. You may be able to eat an MAOI and then eat the yopo seeds to make some crazy yopohuasca thing. Keep in mind they call the snuff the claws of the jaguar for a reason! I believe snorting that stuff burns like fucking hell. Good luck!

haha thank you. So it is pretty hard to smoke then, eh? And yes, I am expecting some serious claws in my nose. Should be interesting, I don't know what I am going to do with all these seeds....

What the hell is edible lime used for anyhow? Why is it called lime? I assume that an actual lime would be useless in this situation?

Im assuming i wont get in trouble for linking you to this because edible lime isn't a drug.
www.Do not post sources please
All i know is that it is sold at the chinese food market down the street and I figure its used in cooking.

Last edited by a moderator:
The traditional preperation (sans toasted shells of course) is the best method I have tried. DONT smoke the seeds, unless you enjoy struggling to breathe. Dont expect an experience along the lines of 5-meo-dmt or n,n dmt. The effects have a definite tryptamine feel, but the side effects are the most pronounced I have ever felt from a drug. I found no difference in the effects of A. columbrina or A. perigrina.

Heres my write up>
http://www.erowid.org/experiences/exp.php?ID=58889

Dont get taken in by the calcium bufotenate shit either...

I believe the lime is used to increase bioavailability through mucus membranes.

Edible lime is about all just Ca(OH)2, calcium hydroxide. So you could get reagent grade calcium hydroxide for not much more. I believe I payed like 12-15$ for 500g. I believe edible lime is used for pickling and is some times called pickling lime.

Also, i tried to do a calcium bufotenate extraction following this procedure. http://www.erowid.org/experiences/exp.php?ID=64707 I wasn't left with a pure extract but it definitely had a distinct tryptamine smell to it. Ott said something like 8mgs of bufotenin was fully active smoked. I somed upwards of 20mgs with very minimal effects.

If I were to do it again, I would do an extraction more similar an Acacia extraction, with defats and a freeze precipitation. I doubt I will though, considering how easy a mimosa extraction is. The really tempting thing about yopo and cebil seeds is the high concentration of bufotenin, but it's very variable depending on source it seems.

I would be careful with bufotenine and its extracts as my impression from reading the experience reports in TIHKAL is that it's somewhat toxic.

That said, I have no personal experience with it, so carry on fellow astronauts...

Here is shuglin speaking in reference to the source of the experience reports a little further down the commentary on bufotenin.

"Here were a collection of 14 schizophrenic patients, experimental cattle is the analogy that comes to mind, into which the researching physicians injected their drug. Listen to the account of one lady, following a rapid intravenous injection of bufotenine. "There was intense salivation. She could easily have drowned in her own saliva, and she had to be turned on her side. The pulse rate rose slightly during the period extending from the end of the injection until some 10 minutes later, but without much change in blood pressure. Responsiveness returned in about 23 minutes, at which time the patient was entirely lucid and, in response to a query related to a preinjection suggestion, spoke of a long repressed memory from the age of three years, when she came into the bathroom and saw her mother dying of a uterine hemorrhage. This was told without affect and had no therapeutic consequences." HOLY COW! A schizophrenic victim volunteers a long-repressed memory of her mother's traumatic death. And with the state of the healing art in the mental hospitals of that time, two physicians effectively ignore what today would be considered a dramatic break-through in therapy. Another of their trials was acknowledged as being nearly fatal, requiring artificial respiration as intervention. This is research in the healing art of medicine?"

bufotenine is not really that active... Yopo its self is a disgusting thing if you do it Via IM methods... I had some about a year ago and let me tell you, it was like sticking baking soda and peanut butter up my nose with a bunch of Daves insanity hot sauce so that i could see like the threshold patterns from a DMT trip... Id stick to extraction of mimosa and aya if i want to experience DMT or DMT analogs... i mean seriously... even smoking bufo toad puss is a lot better, and i find that activity repulsive. I guess the one good thing about Yopo was that i could get to sleep instantly when it wore off... but then i can do that with DMT and 5-meo... Soooooo.......

calcium carbonate = limestone, also in eggshells
calcium hydroxide = hydrated lime (pickling lime)
calcium sulphate = gypsum

Yopo?

i have wanted to try a different form of DMT besides Aya for awhile now, I am unable to get DMT from any of my psychedelic friends and i am too lazy to really search for a good RC vendor online. i know of an herbal site though were i can get yopo. i have bought other stuff from the company before and they shipped hellafast (considering it came from A-dam) i trust and appreciate doin business with them so i dunno how much i wanna try and find a website that may or maynot be legit and besides from what i have been able to find, yopo is much cheaper ( i realize it wont last like pure DMT, or 5 meo dmt would be but i am only lookin for one use or so)

So my question to the BL'ers out there is: what are your thoughts on yopo?
is it nice like pure DMT or 5meoDMT ?(obviously it isnt going to be as good as the pure shit) but would a comparison of oxycodone to pod tea be apt? ( i realize oxycodone comes from thebaine and not morphine or codiene so please dont tell me my analogy cant be correct)

so what does everyone think about Yopo? waste of money or nice enjoyable natural trip?

Its psychedelic, but its not exactly enjoyable. 5-ho-dmt is the main active constutient in yopo as well as cohoba. I did a bunch of trials with both A. columbrina and A. perigrina and found very little difference effects wise. The biggest issue is the indescribable pain upon insullation of the snuff, and then there is also the inevitable purge that accompanies both, and finally the very heavy body load. There still worth trying though, but not in a fun sense...

It's not worth the amount of limestone, salty popcorn sented powder you have to sniff. Its not just a couple lines. Try twenty, and it stings worse than anything else, like ten times as bad as e. The trip made me vomit and my whole vision went blood red. I passed out, then woke up disappointed. Do yourself a favor and just get DMT, or just pass the whole idea.

That Old Time Religion

I've been studying the effects of Anadenanthera colubrina, in both smoke & snuff form, on & off over a span of 3 years. At first, the idea of introducing all that chemical vegetation into the narines of the explorer was not very appealing & the specimen was shelved. Until, reading through the Anadenanthera chapter in A. Hofmann & R. E. Schultes' "Plants of the Gods" , where it is stated that the Mashco (doesn't sound right, but something similar) of Argentina smoke the toasted seeds. Enter the shabang. A bed of ash. Some seeds (4) toasted, popped & crushed up. The toking is easy enough but the heavy charge felt in the gut & thighs can be unpleasant. This is where the practitioner should keep on toking - certainly not stop because of feeling weird - until those 3 or 4 seeds have gone. At the 8 minute mark - a constant - & with eyes closed, the visions will begin. Out of the nothingness under observation will arise a tentacular, lashing stream of psychedelia, which will undergo dominant colour changes as it intensifies. Although it can get quite wild, it can be quelled by a simple opening of the eyes (not recommended). Sticking with these "in the face" visions will pay off. After 40 or 50 minutes the things (Hekula spirits? Their messengers?) which have been coming at you will retreat & slow down. Follow them & there will be vast caverns where encounters are likely to take place. A non hostile but giant stick insect has been reported, as have shadowy, elven creatures (tall ones). After 70 to 80 minutes the whole thing goes gray & fades out.
The snuff thing was finally examined & discarded due to the prevailing nausea that wasn't overly appreciated in the lab.
If the effects roughly described above are caused by Bufotenine - & I suspect that is so - then it's fine & dandy with me. Smoked yopo is a rewarding experience & one that a searcher can oft return to. Its influence may reach into one's dreaming.....
I would never even think of testing other chemicals along with these seeds : that is just plain asking for it... & I shall say no more. :\

Great advise Nix Niether, I shall take it on board when the time comes for me to try this substance, I will certainly be smoking it, never snorted anything and don't intend to.