• Psychedelic Drugs Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

The Big & Dandy Yopo Thread

Picky but precise

It's actually Ca(OH)2 (don't know how to subscript the 2), but yes, I wouldn't like to snort it

A f(r)iend tried drying, peeling the shells, then breaking the "meat" up into small pieces, applying heat, smashing again and smoking them with a very clean brass pipe. The world got very very wavey.

Anandathaera Columbrina AKA Yopo

I have a few queries regarding Yopo, the tropical hallucinogenic snuff.

I'm getting 200 viable seeds, I am going to grow some, and smoke some, try the traditional insufflation with burnt lime, and try extracting the alkaloids within the seeds to be insufflated and smoked, although I am wary of the effects of bufotenine, said to be at a high content in these seeds.

They contain quite a large amount of bufotenine, and 5-MeO-DMT, with a slightly smaller amount of DMT itself.

Has anyone had much experience with Yopo? what about a sort of Yopohuasca with MAOI's such as harmine/harmaline, or moboclemide.

How sensitive is bufotenine to extraction? what about solubilities in various solvents for bofotenine/DMT/5-MeO-DMT? as I could perhaps seperate the three and try them seperately, 3 drugs for the prive of one so to speak :D

[Mod's note: edited for content]

Last edited by a moderator:
Amazon torcher drug, The 5ho-dmt from my reading isn't a pleasurable experience, I think in TihKal the IV drip of it felt like stinging needles.....

I've tried smoking it and snorthing the snuff.
However I can't seem to get significant effects from smoking it and the smoke is quite harsh on the lungs. The most I get is a few headspins and a similar body load as the snuff but more mild and more short lived.
The snuff however feels a lot more effective and although quite painful to snort the effects are far more desirable. I feel a sense of relaxation and sort of like an electrical charge throughout my body. I become quite euphoric and begin experiencing altered thought patterns and mild hallucinations, such as change in depth perception and colours becoming brighter and changing into other colours, such as black to blue and grey concrete to purple.
I have yet to try an extraction or orally but the snuff is quite enjoyable, however the pain is somewhat discouraging.

When I try it I usually smoke 2 seeds (if im going to smoke it ) or i'll snort 4 seeds after I've heated them to pop, grinded them and mixed them into a snuff. However 4 seeds is quite hard to do, often feel short at the 2 seeds mark as my eyes and nose were so wet it was almost impossible to tell what I was doing without that searing pain... YUCK!

Oh well, its quite an enjoyable experience, mild but enjoyable, the body load feels fairly strong and almost toxic, depth perception and seeing things like a river forming in a concrete path seem like the most common types of visuals. Anyway, hope I helped

This isn't really within my abilities at the moment, but it's relevant.

Source

ISOLATION AND PURIFICATION OF BUFOTENINE FREE-BASE

Coarse-ground powder of 125g of seeds of A. colubrina var. Cebil was stirred twice for eight hours in 500 ml of 96% ethanol 1% tartaric acid, the combined filtrates concentrated to 150 ml and diluted with 200 ml water in a separatory-funnel, causing precipitation of considerable fat. The pH was adjusted to 3-4 with concentrated hydrochloric acid, and the solution defatted by shaking six times with chloroform, which was set aside. The defatted extract was basified to pH 8-9 with ammonium hydroxide, then again extracted eight times with 200 ml chloroform; the combined chloroform extracts were concentrated to a foamy, yellowish oil that dissolved completely in 50 ml hot ethyl acetate, then concentrated to 15 ml and refrigerated overnight. In the morning there were a brace of minuscule rosettes of dark-brownish crystals growing at the base of the flask, which was alternated between periods under refrigeration and standing unstoppered at room temperature during 48 hours, leading to the formation of large masses (some greater than 1cm) of dark-brownish, prismatic crystals. The mother-liquor was decanted and the crystalline mass rinsed with cold ethyl acetate dried over magnesium sulfate, then dried under reduced pressure to yield 4.1 g of large, free-flowing, sparkling brownish crystals. These were twice recrystallized from dry ethyl acetate, yielding 3.87 g of off-white bufotenine free-base crystals (3. 10%), m.p. 125-126° C. Despite loss of chromophores on recrystallizations, the melting point remained 124-126°. Six reports of isolated bufotenine free-base, from Amanita citrina (Schaef.) Gray (Agaricaceae) (Wieland & Motzel 1953) and Anadenanthera species (Rendón 1984; lacobucci & Rdveda 1964; Pachter, Zacharias & Ribeiro 1959; Alvares Pereira 1957; Stromberg 1954-yields reported were from 0.94-7.4% for A. peregrina to 0.5-2.1 % for A. colubrina), disclosed two crystalline isoforms from ethyl acetate, one melting from [123-]124-126[-129]° C, the other 146-147[-150]° C. Two reports of synthetic material disclosed a third isoform, with melting points of 138-140° C (Stoll et al. 1955); and again 146-147° C (Speeter & Anthony 1954). In all cases involving the lower-melting-point isoforms, repeated purification did not alter the melting point, although Iacobucci and Rdveda (1964), upon seeding a recrystallization-solution of their lower melting point isoform (123-124° C) with crystals having m.p. 146-147° C, got only crystals of the latter type, which operation was not reversible. By manipulating conditions of recrystallization from ethyl acetate, I was able to generate crystals melting at 145-147° C, and confirmed Iacobucci and RtIveda's observation. DMT free-base from hexane likewise exists as at least three isoforms, melting points from 44-74° C having been reported, and Fish, Johnson and Horning (1956) replicated the irreversible transformation of a lower-melting-point isoform (47-49° C) into a higher-melting-point isoform (71-73° C). Identity and purity of isolated bufotenine were verified by mass-spectral analysis and thin-layer chromatographic comparison with an authentic sample in several solvent systems.

YOPO Anadenanthera Peregrina

i have looked on erowid and search bl but can't find the same types. the only pics i found was like red and round. what i received free with my saliva ordered was flat round dried objects you can see in the picture. how would consume these and how many should i consume for the best/intense effect?

Attachments

• order1.jpg
    order1.jpg
    27.3 KB · Views: 792
hehe i know where those came from...

There's a few common preps online for yopo seeds.

It's mostly jusr heating up a frying pan and heating the beans until the pop open.

Then you take them off, let em cool off and grind up the inner seed part, mix it with about 20% baking soda and snort it.

If you do a search you can find better methods, that was just an overveiw or something.

do you think if i put them in like a capsule and swallow them would it be a good effect?

How man of these little seed would give me a decent experience?

Depending on their content, these seeds are probably not orally active without a MAO inhibitor. I've read various texts that suggest DMT, 5-MeO-DMT, and bufotenine (in varying concentrations and ratios depending on source) are present. DMT has no oral activity, and the oral activity of 5-MeO-DMT and bufotenine remain suspect. One could us an MAOI to "activate" the oral activity of these molecules, but 5-MeO-DMT has been known to have toxic side-effects when consumed orally with MAOIs, and the pharmacology of bufotenine in conjunction with MAOIs is a big mystery. I would do a lot of research before attempting such a venture.

^^^ I'd be very afraid to mix Yopo with a MAOi. It seems like most sources agree that at least it is higher on 5-MeO-DMT and Bufotenin than DMT, both of which sound like they'd be uncomfortable with a MAOi.

I would recommend you grind the seeds, make a water extraction, and inject that rectally with a needle-less syringe. At least thats what I will do when I have access to Yopo.

hmmmm very interesting injecting rectally? has anyone ever tried that. i mean i have plugged a pill but thats been bout it.

i just find snorting would be rather uncomfortable...yet i have done some stupid crazy shit to get fucked up in the past so hell i might try it.

prolly do bout 5-6 seeds and some salvia woohooooooo

Use alcohol to extract the alkaloids, then evaporate off the alcohol to put the alkaloids on some smoking material. That way you'll get the short sharp shock that is DMT/5-methoxyDMT

As for how much, work on the amounts others have suggested

fastandbulbous said:
Use alcohol to extract the alkaloids, then evaporate off the alcohol to put the alkaloids on some smoking material. That way you'll get the short sharp shock that is DMT/5-methoxyDMT

As for how much, work on the amounts others have suggested

hmmm i have yet to find this method on eworid. how much alcohol just like vodka, everclear, moonshine? how where could i get a more detailed method ur describing?

I have some yopo plants growing here at home, very interesting species! The leaves close up at night and open in the morning :)

iv'e been using yopo for quite some time now and find the best method to be the following:

use the seeds (not the beans) though the beans will work, they are less potent.

put the seeds on a cookie sheet and put them in the oven on low. The pods will pop open. once they have all popped (it sounds really neat when they do!) peel the remaining shells off, you should now have some brownish/yellow seeds with no shiny shell to them. Grind them up using a mortar and pestal if you have one. if not, a screwdriver handle and a bowl will work, it just takes a long time. you should now have a finely crushed brown powder ready to be smoked.

here's the kicker, you HAVE to use either a torch lighter or a propane torch ! Since yopo burns at a high temperature , you need as hot a source of flame as possible. i wasted a whole bag of seeds using a bic lighter , it just doesn't work at all without the extra heat.

If you have a water pipe or even better, a very large bong, use it :) trust me , your lungs will thank you later!!!

take as long and slow tokes as you can and hold it in for at least 10 seconds, but aim for 30.

If you can get some marijuana, use it as a freebase underneath the yopo powder. I had INCREDIBLE results using this very method. Beings actaully appeared out of the walls and talked to me. The craziest part is that it actually was real at the moment, but very relaxing and intense at the same time. Other times i would feel incredibly heay and everything was very detailed and vibrant. time seems to slow on yopo trips, it feels similar in many ways to smoking dmt crystals, but MUCH MUCH less intense.

i don't know why there are posts about feeling poisened. i have smoked it over 50 times and feel great after half an hour. Maybe burning it at a higher temperature and filtering the smoke through a large amount of water gets rid of alot of the unwanted substances.

I would definatly use yopo over Salvia any day, at the Salvia i have smoked.

Just remember that a Yopo trip can become extremely intense sometimes, you should always have someone with you. If you have a bad trip, remind yourself that you will be back to ground zero in less than 30 minutes. The intense part of the trip seems to last only 10 minutes at most for me.

I think i may just have some good seeds, i'll have to see what these plants produce once they mature. They grow VERY slowly. about 3 inches in 6 months.

Iv'e snorted the powder before as well with no effects at all except the horrible pain in my nose. What i have heard is that if you can aquire some limestone and mix it with the yopo powder, the world will dissapear for half an hour and you can have a very spiritual experience. The natives would use quite large amounts though, enough to completly fill your nasal cavity. i think i will stick to smoking the seeds.

anyone else tryed the same smoking method descibed above?
i'm curious to see if others have had the same sort of experience.
i know all my friends did! :)

As a manner of fact, funny you should ask that, because I have, I planted them just yesterday, I boiled some water, and poured it on the pots of soil, I am using pot-noodle pots as I don't wish to spend anything buying plant pots at the moment, they work well with drainage holes poked in the sides at the bottom.

I germinated them, by shaving a little of the brown side coat off to expose the seeds to water, then soaked them in preboiled water, for about 6 hours, then, the seed coats mostly shed of their own accord, once placed in kitchen roll kept sodden with preboiled water.

The reason I preboiled all the water, is I have read that Anadenanthaera seeds are somewhat susceptible to mold, so I took some precautionary methods, the seeds germinated after one day of being kept wet in the paper, and gained perhaps a 3/4cm shoot, so have been planted in a mixture of compost and ordinary garden soil to help retain water when added.

After two days from germination, I now have 5 plants, with 1.5cm shoots poking up from the soil, as they were planted very shallowly.

Now...well, I guess I am winging it really, I don't have a clue how to care for them at the moment, the book "growing the hallucinogens" came up a blank, so I am researching the subject online.

of those things rip. i find it sometimes more intense than dmt. i powder up 3-5 seeds(fresh only) then put in bucket bong and heat with powerful jet lighter and ram the smoke into my lungs.
And blast-off

aight...so i just had some like 5 seeds of yopo (anadenanthera peregrina) ...i snorted them and i felt so sick i just wanted to die. I didnt trip or anything but i puked...is there a reason to this? did i do something wrong? anyone know anything i dont?