• Psychedelic Drugs Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

The Big & Dandy Seasons/Weather and Tripping Thread

One of my first strong acid experiences was in the rain. It wasn't that bad at all... because of the clouds the light was different so everything had amazing pastel tones, very subtle and quite beautiful. The water made everything sparkle and we stood under the tree watching water run down the bark - it looked like the bark was colour cycling.

Another time I was camping with about 8 mates and it started POURING. Luckily we'd set up a gazebo/marquee thing so we could all sit in there and do bulbs. If the wind picked up too much we'd just sit in the car. We eventually got a fire going which was really good too.

Both times I was surprised that being wet and really wasn't that much of an issue. Just be careful about maybe sticking an emergency changes of clothes in a water tight plastic bag or something... and maybe bring some plastic sheets so you can cover up any firewood to stop it getting wet.

I think it depends if you like the rain. I personally find it calming and soothing. Over the summer I took 2c-e and a few hits of acid and ending uyp falling asleep right before the acid kicked in so at about T-30(didn't get much sleep the night before and almost considered calling the trip off but I was in a great mood so decided to forge ahead). I abruptly awoke at T-2h 45 ish minutes so pretty much when both drugs were kicked in. I had no idea it was supposed to rain but for some reason after I awoke I immeadiately ran downstairs and looked outside to see the perfect summer drizzle with ocassional lightening. I quickly ran outside and just played around in the rain for around 20 minutes. It was a truly amazing experience. So i'd say as long as you have a place to get out of the rain for awhile I would go for it.

The only time I tripped in the rain I spent a majority of the time inside. It did start raining in my kitchen though, but that rain didn't bother me. I hate the rain in general so I wouldn't enjoy it tripping.

one of my first and favorite trips was during a rain storm.. we sat inside watching rocky horror and the old cartoon alice - then we went out and played with oranges and butter knives in the rain.. then we got tennis rackets and tennis balls and went down to the park - the rain was coming down and some ice falling as we smashed the balls into a band shell - that was super fun until the groundskeeper came and told us we were making a mess of the stage so we left..

i had a couple great trips in the snow too.. snow makes an excellent background for daytime visuals... :)

I love walks in the rain while tripping.

Especially in towns, where there are streetlights everywhere at night. The puddles in the streetlights look awesome, and the trees are all sparkly and the cool rain hitting your skin and the breeze.... it's all so wonderful.

I loathe the rain, but LSD made me not care about it one bit. I was wet (while clothed) and didnt care, during an LSD trip is the only time I can honestly say ive been ok with that.

I love tripping during an insane summer storm or even just a sunshine shower, not so much in winter unless im inside with a fire going and big blankets, comfy pillows and a high dose of something so I can shut my eyes and enjoy the show.

Being outside during a sunshine shower or just a mild storm is amazing and beyond beautiful, definitely something every tripper should try at least once, the sensation is amazing. I love tripping in the shower too, once I was on acid and the glass around me had very andy warhol-esque Rainbow coloured OEV art on it, was one of mmy most memorable visuals ive ever had. I love water though and it is a huge part of my life(the ocean), I know a lot of people arent a big fan of water though so if your one of those people then yer you might not enjoy it so much.

I love the rain. My beef is with how cold it is, and especially how windy it is. I hate wind.

If it is warm out then the rain is a lot of fun. I can remember one of my most memorable trips yet, I spent probably a good 2 hours playing in the rain with some friends. Good luck, have fun, and be safe!

my best trip ever was in the rain. i was seeing justice on an eighth of mush and it started coming down hard mid set. It was insane. everyone was rolling and tripping and it seemed to intensify the pleasure for everyone

Camping in the rain can be a pain when you're tripping...especially when you spend a futile half of every hour feeling around the inner of your tent to see if it has leaked or not...

That aside, the clouds can perform some pretty special kaleidoscopic dances! :)

go for it. the woods are different when it's raining and not just cuz it's wet. the birds and animals behave differently. the gray light is so much different than sunlight. give it a try, you'll have fun :)
-izzy

I absolutly LOVE the rain (or snow) while tripping. Just make sure you are dressed right for your given adventure. If you are just trying to run around and experience the out doors with out concern for how dirty you get, I recommend wearing a bathing suit and a old t-shirt. If you just want to walk around and listen to the sound of the rain falling, I recommend wearing some clothes you don't mind getting wet or possibly a little muddy. A hat and a rain coat will help also.

Woods look like a whole different world when wet.

Shroomin' in the snow!!!

It's Monday, I took the day off of work because it's REALLY coming down out there, and I have an 8th of cubensis staring me in the face on the desk.

Has anyone tripped in the snow? Is it freakin' magical? Fun things to do when tripping in the snow?

Or does it suck? I searched around and didn't find anything about people tripping in the snow. Let's put something on the map! :p

snow_norsey_woods_470_470x352.jpg

Damn you are lucky.....it is 80 degrees here in Houston:p:! I wish I had tripped in the snow!

im just waiting for first snow to do just this....

frankly i love shrooms, so i cant possibly see anything NOT being fun on them.

as for fun things to do hmm... playing in the snow? snow men? laying back waiting for flakes to frop from the sky? rolling down a snowy hillside?

also, theres this interesting and quite trippy by itself phenomena when it snows and the sun comes up, but the wind still picks up flakes and throws them sparkling in the air. it is like everything is lit up with glitter. i suspect thats also quite nice...

careful for ice though, and wear thick clothes!