• Psychedelic Drugs Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

The Big & Dandy Seasons/Weather and Tripping Thread

I've had a few memorable trips in bad weather.Snowing is a experience thats got to be done.Must admit the orange glow of man on the horizon spoilt it.
Wind can create a wild trip,once had to walk miles home and it was such a forcefull wind that it almost blew me off me feet a few times,their was no threat of rain so it was only a constant wind to battle,plus in a height of natural obstacles to contend with on the quickest way home.The wind always seemed to be behind me,pushing me onwards towards safety.As i knew my shortcut was going to be a nightmare and when i eventually made it to a proper field that I was sure was flat and nothing to trip up and hurt myself.The feeling that id won a battle,the noises and power of the wind.
One bad time was at a party and it suddenly poured buckets,it was madness trying to keep dry under a few twigs.At least at dawn it was'nt just me that got drenched,funny as snowballs we're there and people carried on dancing soaked.But i couldn't enjoy it. Its bad enough out picking.

Yeah dude like, the bad weather can effect the trip. But when you're experienced I guess you learn to enjoy the trippiness of the bad weather...it's not everyday that shit happens right? lol But yes if you're inexperienced and freaking out bad weather will obviously just linger over everything and make everything dark.

My first time really tripping balls (off LSA) was during a Victoria day weekend with fireworks that I forgot about and the weather was shitting and all i could hear was booms going off everywhere...twas a trip lol. My first time taking LSD though i remember going out for a bike ride in the rain to enjoy it :D . It was such a dull, gray-ass slushy day but it definitely didn't bring me down.

i've had great trips in snow - one really good one in the rain - it was one of my first trips - we sat inside and watched Alice and Rocky Horror - then we went outside and played with oranges and butter knives - later we walked to the park and smashed a tennis ball off of a band shell thing until the maintenance guy came and made us stop.. the feeling of the weather pouring over us and we ran around was super fun..! :)

I've had some awesome trips when there's been a big storm brewing. just watching the way the storm sets in over my hometown really gave me a deeper understanding of the weather, was one of the times I've felt most connected with the earth.

remember, it's only 'bad' weather because you percieve it as being bad. the earth loves that kind of weather, and you should too =)

During bad weather is one of my favorite times for trips. I love running around in the snow, rain, mud, etc while tripping face. I find bad weather to be very calming and revealing about the world, as it is just another part of nature which does amazing things to the landscapes around you. You just need to prepare yourself with the proper equipment.

I took zooms in a freak lightning storm. At first we were in the house and I freaked and tried to run home. I somehow ended up in the middle of a farmer’s field and it was the most amazing thing I have ever watched in my life I laid in the field getting rained on for 3 hours. It was amazing.

'bad weather' does not cause a bad trip. your mind's interpretation of stimuli causes a bad trip.

beyond this, i dont believe in 'bad trips.' i dont believe psychedelic drugs are a form of entertainment to kill time - you have a learning experience no matter what happens, and some learning experiences are very harsh, some are pleasant.

imo a powerful lightningstorm is something to be experienced while on lsd (while indoors viewing from behind the glass window hah).

ive tripped in dead winter in fog in a forest (nothing but dead scraggly trees). I personally prefer a bright sunny spring day, but hey, 'gloomy weather' is not going to make me have a bad trip. its good to trip in diverse environments!

I have had some beautiful LSD trips in the rain, sometimes the raindrops in the puddles + reflecting light can make beautiful hallucinations, LSD is never a bad time if you plan a good day out of it with friends.

LSD does however make me hyper sensitive to cold so dress warm =D

Do you feel more "down" during rainy or cloudy days? That would probably be the best barometer (pun intended...) for you.

I know for me personally that my mood is noticably not as good during bad weather, and winter can sometimes hit me pretty hard. I've noticed this carry over to tripping as well.

I myself just had my first acid trip on saturday night/ sunday morning. I tripped allnight and then when it got light out around 7AM it was drizzling and there was melting snow all over the ground. We stayed outside for 3 hours in that shittyness, and I would still say that was one of the best experiences of my life. It only got 10 times better when I got outside regardless of the weather. Now would a warm sunny day be better? I don't doubt it one bit, but I think if you're in the right mindset a fucking blizzard could still be a good trip.

its gonna be low 30s and sleet tonight. Dosed a couple hours ago I plan on taking a walk down the street on peak. I really enjoy the feeling of cold. Especially breathing in the cold.

Thanks for the experiences guys. It went really well. Whenever we got a bit cold we just started hiking and running, and it was really really fun. :D

One thing I've learned about tripping - don't do it unless you're one hundred percent certain that you're ready. You've gotta be able to say, without hesitation, "today IS the day!" A confident mindset almost guarantees a great trip. :)

I love tripping during storms. The power of nature can be truely mind blowing, the rumbling thunder, the flashes of light, the sound/smell of the rain. Love it

Although I was tripping on 2ci during a tornado warning once which was a little too intense.

According to Jay Stevens' book "LSD and the American Dream", Dr Leary and his mates, whilst living in Mexico, used to strap themselves to the top of life guard towers on the beach in the face of incoming hurricanes, dose a massive amount of acid, and then ......... enjoy it.

Might have happened, who knows. People do strange and interesting things to get kicks. Nowadays people dose and go to shopping malls :\.

What's the world coming to? ;)

tripping in the rain?

i'm planning a week-long camping trip for spring break in nature... i just looked at the weather forcast, and it looks like it's gonna rain! i'm very discouraged, b/c i don't think i'd enjoy tripping the rain... how's your experience tripping in the rain, especially if you normally don't enjoy being in the rain? should i trip anyway, or considering not tripping even though i've planning this for a long time?

I love the rain. As long as it is above about 60 degrees, that wont stop me. Severe storms are even better;)

The weather forecast can change a lot in a week. Don't worry too much just yet. Then again your time frame is in the rainiest month of them all.

If your only retreat is a tent you're probably better off waiting. Raincoats and boots are sweaty and sticky and all around annoying for tripping in. You'll probably catch a break at least one of those days though. If you're committed and don't have weather access though a cellphone, you can pick up a weather radio for pretty cheap. I used one on a 10 day kayaking trip where I tripped 3 times. When the morning forecast for the region said conditions were favorable those were the days I tripped.