PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

The Big & Dandy Psychedelic Art/Poetry Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Nice chelli! I love those. :)

Cool skateboards, toadilly.

I've got a few paintings back earlier in the thread... I'm going to find them and repost to get this moving again. I'm working on another, too, but haven't had time to finish it yet.

MasterOfDeception said:
^ Nice one mate, would like to see some more :]

Thanks! :) Here are reposts of my previous two. This first one was painted on the afterglow of an LSD + 2C-B combo (I also wrote a trip report on it)... I invented the style which I call "organized chaos", in which I start making shapes as they enter my mind, and over time it comes together into a theme, and creates a mandala. This first one I call "Dichotomy" (also here is the trip report that goes with it):

dichotomy2lc2.jpg

And here is my second one... I call it "The Creation of Existence"... it's supposed to represent the gathering of ever-larger particles from the tiniest particles that make up existence:

thecreationofexistence1pc7.jpg

Man, I need to get a good camera so the colors can actually properly show on these.

Here are 2 more pictures of my new painting:

neuron2rh6.jpg

neuron3be7.jpg

I call it neuron. I also wish I had a scanner that could scan such large pictures... my phone camera doesn't do well with lighting.

(These are all direct reposts with text and all)

I always forget to take pictures even if I have a camera. except those couple times

I have some pictures I took on shrooms a few months back but I don't know where to upload them.

lucy sits on naked trees
hoping she didn't miss the party
lucy's corners are angled creased
here's hoping she didn't die partly
lucy longs for electric nights
bright minds fleeting sights
lucy can't sleep before dawn
hey lucy, turn the music on

Unfortunately I have 56k dial up atm, so I can't see alot of your guys' amazing art, though what I have seen is fantastic! Hopefully I can get on some faster internet to view the whole thread. It's very disheartening! Here's all I have to contribute at the moment-

_WIP___by_ShiftingStarlight.jpg

That started out (only a few lines :p) as an art project back when I was in school still. Obviously, I can never comply to any guidelines, the project was supposed to be only straight lines used. Even though I've had this for two years it's HARDLY done. I'm a very finicky artist, sadly. Most all of what is done was done during an acid trip/in the afterglow. I would greatly appreciate any input on it- ideas and such because I'd love to finish this! I really love it alot.
tao_and_zen___by_ShiftingStarlight.jpg

Okay I know it's not psychedelic art, but I painted this while doing coke :3 It was my first 100% watercolour painting, using my chinese brush set. It is of my pet Ornate Horned Frog, incase you can't see it.
LOLWUT_by_ShiftingStarlight.jpg

DXM art! And no, I'm not THAT awesome. I had already done the linework (sans the poorly drawn sealife lol), I just did all the colour to it while tripping. Can't imagine trying to draw such careful lines with roboeye :p I looooove to colour when I robotrip lower doses, so I try to keep linework lying around o3o
DXM_by_ShiftingStarlight.jpg

Drawn while tripping! [this is my fursona, Apollo, by the way. :] This is the only decent art I've managed to draw on a DXM trip.. or tripping on anything but acid for that matter. And bah, I know I'm a furfag :[ I have more crap I do need to get around to uploading.

I always have the immense artistic flow tripping on anything, but whenever I get the pencil in my hand and look at the blank slate, I can't ever come up with anything. LSD alone makes me creative. For weeks after every acid trip I have huge bouts of creativity, I love it. Because I spend 80% of my life having bad art block. So basically, if I feel the need to draw I have to draw things that are already there- like other peoples characters and stuff. I can hardly EVER think up my own stuff out of nowhere. It's a horrid problem :\ I have NO IMAGINATION. :| Being an artist with no imagination makes me feel like a bastard child.

And if any of you all have a dA account, you can go visit mine and drop me a line :] If you can put up with a good amount of animal art, haha. I'd love to get to know some of you artists!

Last edited:
Wow ShiftingStarlight! Those are fantastic! And welcome to Bluelight! :) And a big welcome from PD... I hope you enjoy your stay here. Drop by the PD social thread sometime if you're bored... there's usually some of us hanging out there. It's stickied to the top of the forum.

i love all the new art in here! maybe i should post some of my stuff...

did these in summer skol two or 3 years ago

Last edited by a moderator:
Shifting Starlight, what did you use to color #3?

For the Cheetah, I used a mixture of Prismacolor permanent markers (so amazing!.. heard good things about Copic markers but have never tried them out yet..) and BiC Mark-it permanent markers (pretty damn amazing, waaay better than sharpies-they dont leave a sheen on your drawings and blend nearly as well as Prismas, no dark lines like when sharpie layers overlap, these blend seamlessly :)) and the background it was just some crappy generic watercolours I bought from Hobby Lobby for like a dollar or something. Lots of colours but they run out faaast. :O

And damn IGNVS, that is some cool shit. 8D

Last edited:
starlight those are f**king beautiful! i love the first one that was on there before. - or maybe it was a different person
but i do love the dxm one as well

Status
Not open for further replies.