View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

The Big & Dandy Psychedelic Art/Poetry Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I found this earlier on today. By Martina Hoffman, I really like it, never heard of her before, going to check out some of her other stuff.

JF07Cover_home.gif

*sigh* not at 20 posts yet...if anyone wants to see some really cool digital work PM me.

(edit) nvm aoy really needa post more...hit me up on aim.(edit)

Last edited:
I wish I could paint/draw better than a 5 year old.

Some of you have amazing talent. I am not the biggest fan of poetry. Mostly because I am ignorant and don't know how to appreciate it. My ignorance also causes me to have a very selective appreciation.

I would like to think that I can appreciate drawings and paintings, though. Most of them are amazing. I wish I was up with the times enough to use some of the software that you, perpetuallylost, are using to create your art. I used to love to draw. But a pencil and paper is all I am smart enough to use. Sometimes crayons.

Thank you for sharing. It really made a part of my day :)

As far from nature as I think you were, maybe it was temptation in that mirage – like you said, everything’s been talking and you lost track of the sky. And if I’ve lost my faith in double negatives and comfort, loopholes and time travel must have lost their desire to glide invisibly between someone’s fragile hands like life, like smoke rings. The danger now is that everything comes from the past; it has a name as if it was so fleeting and maybe crossing an ocean was only meant to make a slight distinction in meaning and interpretation. But such a lack of absolutes lends itself to self-proclamation and a culture worshipping the weak like mostly goddesses and the moon might think it’s wrong. (solely advocated for and by redundancy in twice the columns and too many breaks). It’s now when you’ve come to look for graph paper to calculate your own resistance that you fail to recognize this blue-green chaos. If they could write a screenplay and the twins would look at you through empty glass, you’d be ashamed into hysteria by the pitch of their laughter; the holes you’ve burned in their eyes with your glory would blend with your eyelids into fountains of acid you’d have no resistance to. And we wonder who our heroes were, the masters of before. Now you with your glass tubes for arms are worse off than an octopus with a knack for disappearing – because there was no beginning and you weren’t at all , before, when the moon spun itself silently into transient compassion for the desert.

im not so great at poetry, but i like to write prose while tripping, this was written after pharmahuasca

coelophysis said:
Amazing thread, I just spent a half an hour looking through it, can't believe I never caught this thread before.

I've posted most of these in another thread so here's a link to all of them. All of them done because/on/after acid.

0504080225.jpg

www.hulelam.blogspot.com

So that's where they used to be, now I feel a little less amateur than before, due to scanning my work and putting them on deviantart.com Let me know what you guys think :)

www.drawtheworldaway.deviantart.com

Most Fish don't know they are underwater...

I guess theres no Art section here on Bluelight, so I will go ahead and post it here as the picture is relevant to tripping.

I spent a little while on this tonight, it's my first go at making a picture in photoshop... I still plan on making a 2d-molecule matrix around the outer edges for the desktop sized version.

Anyways, tell me what you guys think, any suggestions would be appreciated.

<3

MostFish.jpg

Excellent.

Great use of linear transformations, HDR coloring, etc...

What molecule is used for the frame, psilocin?

I don't at the moment but I will be working on some soon. I'm worn out atm, but I tested the Digital font and liked that and may go with that. If you have any font in particular you like let me know and i'll try it out later.

Actually I think the psychedelic media thread more for audio & video. I think a better candidate would be the Big & Dandy Psychedelic Art thread, where BL'ers post their visual psychedelic art & poetry...

To comment on the art itself: that's an excellent image!! LOL I can totally see how it would trip me out... maybe even more effectively while under the influence of THC? Quite obviously targeted at the intoxicated brian, and I must say that you hit the nail on the head! :)

Last edited:
The Spirit of Life

Here's a Salvia inspired story I wrote for Creative Writing class. I guess this counts a poetry / Art or maybe I am clueless with these things, either way i'll go ahead and add it to this thread.

One sunny, blue summer day back during the summer of '06, I was staring at the sky, and admiring the vibrant colors of the copious vegetation surrounding me in every direction, I felt a wave of emotion, a feeling of euphoric content, swoosh intensely through my head.
"What is the meaning of life?" I pondered to myself. "Is it being successful? Is it finding true love? Is it just simply nothing? Or anything?"
Quite possibly the meaning of life could have been anything. Looking across the street from my front lawn I saw two children in a blow up bath tub, wrestling and giggling. That's when I realized everybody is different. What may be the true meaning of life for one person might be the last thing another person would ever think of.
"What do I want out of my life?" I asked myself. From there I continued, "Why am I asking this questions to begin with? What do I want to know? What would be ideal to know?" Ideally, I would want to know everything there possibly is to know in the universe, but as most of us fathom, the human brain can't hold but so much knowledge. Well what is beyond the human brain? What is beyond this Universe?
Why am I feeling a "buzz buzz" on the side of my thigh? Could it be because my thoughts are overloading the nerve endings in my leg? That's when another thing hit me, my phone was ringing! I snapped out of my own world, no longer dazing into the mysterious abyss of curiosity, and reached into my pocket to answer my phone. I didn't recognize the number, like many mainstream 'trends' in life, but I sure wanted to find out.
"Hello? Who is this?" I asked the man. "Hey, It's Matt! My brother and I have embarked on a great journey, we are taking a hajj up to the parkway, would you like to join us?" I wasn't about to pass up this opportunity, given that I rarely get the chance to be around Matt outside of school. Matt, being one of the most enlightened people I know had offered me a chance to share his journey with me. After arranging to meet outside of my house in 5 minutes, a large white pickup truck arrived. There were two men sitting in the from of the old, rusty, beat up piece of junk. There sitting in the truck bed in the back was Matt, with his dreadlocks wrapped in a Rastafarian type headpiece.
"Hey dude! Hop in!" He shouted, with a large smile engraved on his face. The two men in the front of the truck remained quite catatonic. The lack of emotion, or even a polite greeting made me feel slightly uncomfortable. I ran over to the back of the truck and hopped in. One of the men sitting in the front of the truck turned around, slid open the window, smiled and reached his hand out and shook my hand.
"I'm Samuel, Matt's brother! Nice to meet you!" The man said. "You too!" I replied. I took a large breath followed by a sigh of relief. I was free of any negative thoughts from that point on, my mind was open to anything.
We took off down the road and made a couple of confused circles around the block, but we eventually got to the parkway. Once on the parkway, my senses ran wild. Looking up at the vast blue sky again, but with noodle like trees stretching and shifting down across my field of view, and the constant tickling of the hairs on my forearms from the cool rushing wind, I nearly got lost in the feeling that everything in existence, all that is beautiful, and wonderful, was there for me to enjoy. This made me excited in anticipation of what we were going to do next. All I wanted to do was enjoy everything the universe had to offer.
I inquired to Matt, "What are we planning on doing once we stop?" Matt replied, "Samuel's friend is a cultivator of Maria Pastora."
Before he even began to answer my question I could feel the force. Subconsciously, something had enlightened me prior to even asking the question. The path of the Diviner, the "Sage of the Seers," the ancient Mazatec energies all transposed the stealth undertone of all my wandering curiosity up until that point.
"He brought a measure of his sacred extract, diviner's sage" said Matt. I was narrowly aware at the time of just how powerful these 'sacred extracts' of Maria Pastora could be. After telling me this wonderful news about the Sage, I could truly have something to look forward too during our Hajj, yet over time I had slowly became numb to the intensity of such a sacrament, and didn't think much of partaking. We continued to discuss and debate over random spiritual theory and other various psycho-phenomenon until we arrived at an overlook situated on top of one of the highest mountains, and in view was the expansive valley below me teaming with life, decay, beauty, and all forms of existence known to planet earth.
Once we arrived, the Cultivator of the Sage methodically reached his hands down under his seat to retrieve his calumet and the Sage of the Diviner. He looked at me apparently assuming I knew exactly what he was thinking. After the ten or so second stare, we all exited the vehicle and without any of us saying a single word we proceeded down into the forest where we could see through the trees revealing splendid rolling mountains and abundant flora in the backdrop. We found an open area with enough room for all four of us to have plenty of space for whatever reason, and continued to sit down facing opposite directions.
"Are you ready?" Samuel asked Matt. Matt took a deep breath, closed his eyes, and before I could tell what was happening, a sense of security fell upon me. I sensed as if there was a strong entity in my proximity that could withstand the brunt of all evils in the universe, alone. I did not realize I had completely dazed off into my imagination all over again. It then hit me that I was staring intently at Matt, and that he was the strong entity I had sensed. The connection hit me like a million dollars, and I smiled.
"I'm ready" Matt said softly. Without opening his eyes, he reached out his arms and the Cultivator passed his calumet packed with the Sage to Samuel, and from Samuel into the grasp of a strong energy. I couldn't comprehend what was going to happen next. His fire assisted the vaporization of the sacrament, and with a deep, swift breath, he had begun his Journey. In anticipation of my turn, I closed my eyes and worked as hard as I could to clear my mind. I tried to be strong. A deep breath calmed me down more then anything else in the world at that time could. My mind soon became still. I was handed the Calumet, and with a swift fire I began to partake in this ancient Mazatec sacrament, Maria Pastora, the "Sage of the Seers."
"What is the meaning of life? What is the meaning of... What... What is the... Meaning, meaning of life... What is..." I struggled to formulate a clear thought. The single concept of "what is the meaning of life" seemed to race and fragment at ten times the speed of light. In fear, I opened my eyes. From behind each tree in my field of view, a violent shimmer of gold quickly got brighter and brighter. Within an instant, the whole world around me was shaking violently back and forth faster then a humming bird can flap it's wings. The golden shimmer had become more intense then heavens themselves.
The next day after I got back home from where ever I was at the time, I asked my mother "How was you're day?" A strong feeling of not knowing what had happened encompassed nearly every thought, every feeling, every thing in existence, but this 'attachment' became ignorance was not nearly just a 'stealth undertone' any longer. It soon became all that I could fathom. Had I really become such a person, oblivious of life itself? Was I even a human being any longer? Soon the feeling of ignorance faded into an all encompassing sense of self, as a singular entity, a spirit, jolting from one dimension to the next, each dimension being a completely different aspect of my existence here in this universe. Every question I ever had asked was answered and I became enlightened to everything I ever wanted to know. But it was meaningless. Simply 'knowing' something became completely irrelevant. It became a knowledge beyond knowledge. It became feeling the cosmos in every way possible.
But there was one thing that was bothering me, there was still a question left unanswered. Something was not right. I would have guessed, that I was never born, but never died either. All of time became just a single moment of existence, but the logical paradox that I wouldn't exist if I were never created in the first place quickly smashed all the things that were revealing themselves to my curiosity, into nothingness. The most intense sense of panic suddenly surrounded me from all possible angles, in and out.
Panic. Panic. Would I ever know what was happening to existence? Would I ever know what seemed to be tugging on my spirit? Would I ever know why I was fleeting, zipping around the cosmos at the speed of light? Would I ever know why I was repeating my life, over and over, and over again, much like a computer freezing up? Would I ever return? And would I ever know what I was returning to? Would I ever know why I was sitting in the woods staring at the dirt below me? I quickly figured out that I was returning to my life, as a physical human. Existence exists, and I was already back, wherever I was. I puzzled together that I was sitting on planet Earth, and that I was in the woods with my very close friends, and that my life was not repeating over and over, but that I had to finish this life, and that what was tugging on my spirit was solely my curiosity to know everything there is to know. For a moment, I had satisfied my curiosity to know all there is to know.
For me, from that day on, following the rebirth of that unique, constant tug of curiosity pulling on my spirit became the meaning of life. And with life comes living every day to its fullest with all the wonderful people around me, and appreciating everything that our universe has to offer, the spirit of life.

This is an excerpt from a book I wrote entitled
"Realities Fun-house Of Delusions, Misconceptions, & Mirror Images In A World Of Demons, Angels, & Those Torn Between"

Life fuck, food fest, everyone eats.
Fuck this, kill that, tug, rip, meat.
Street sign, stop light, paper, grass lines.
My time, I'm fine, here you go, mine.
Help, give, greed, take, everyone sucks.
Leave, keep, speed freak, body, mind, bucks
Now you know, into life, words mean this.
Chew em up, spit em out, fuck, shit, piss.

Butterflies & bunny rabbits
Eat my demons & suck my habits.

My possessions, they possess.

Newborn babies & old ladies
Eat dead daisies & rats with rabies.

Possessed by our possessions.

Problems, lessions, teachers, sessions,
Sins, confessions, answers, questions.

Time, tale, folklore, storybook, fable
Name, phrase, word give, stereotype, lable
Dr. Suess, Mother Goose, nursery rhyme, storytime
Toungue twists, shift shit, problem, puzzle, piece fits
Earth turn, number graph, base, balance, omniscient
Truth hurts, hard facts, well compliant, death defiant
Life meaning, answer quest, question screaming, secret kept
Self pertrusion, self existance, mass confusion, consistant distance.

(I miss being this creative but the stuff I was putting in my system to get these kind of results just wasnt worth it.)

Last edited:
Skatardude, that was really good, thanks. :)

EDIT: And likewise Psychoactivist

Xorkoth said:
Skatardude, that was really good, thanks. :)

EDIT: And likewise Psychoactivist

Thanks guys. I'll post some more stuff like it in due time. I'm brand new here so I don't wanna start spamming up threads with all my shit right away.

Nah, go for it. :) This is a good thread for artistic expression, and we also have a social thread for chatter if you just feel like interacting with people. Make yourself at home. ;)

This thread has been dead for a while, so feel free to post anything psychedelic art-related here.

Status
Not open for further replies.