• Psychedelic Drugs Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

The Big & Dandy Oral DMT thread (Ayahuasca/Pharmahuasca)

Going to try this again tomorrow, have been eating only lentil/vegetable soup, bread/butter, and brown rice for the past few days. On the day I'll probably have one bowl of soup for breakfast and prepare/drink the brew around dinner time. Last time I tried this I couldn't hold it down long enough (drank the rue seeds, waited 25 minutes, drank the mimosa bark extract and puked up 5 minutes later). My friend managed to hold it down but he said all he felt from it was a euphoric sense of bliss (is that the effects of the rue seeds alone?) so I don't think I prepared it right. How long should one hold the brew down for anyway before purging?

Going to suck on a piece of ginger next time, apparently that helps. Is eating right after drinking it allowed/recommended? Was thinking of maybe having a single bite of fruit after drinking to take the vile taste away.

Also, any recommended rue/mimosa 'recipes'? I used this last time
http://www.entheogen.com/forum/showthread.php?t=4686

UPDATE: Seems like that failed again :( used http://www.erowid.org/experiences/exp.php?ID=43079 this time

Last edited:
I am seriously considering an Ayahuasca experience, I mentioned to someone who has always been great conversation and someone that I feel has a deep understanding of the mind that I wanted him to be a guide for it. We are meeting at a musical gathering of sorts in what I have been told is one of the most beautiful places I will have ever seen.

I have him looking into psychedelic psychotherapy stuff. But he is going to have me talk with some people who are experienced with the brew and the nature of the experience.

Any advice from those that have been there?

I know the purge is violent, and something that reaches into your subconscious to the point of being able to purge all of the negative aspects from yourself.

No matter how much respect I show this one, I know that it is going to be a forceful one.

I have a lot of experience with DMT. I view it as nothing short of sacred. A powerful tool to be treated with respect, a gift for those with a desire to experience something greater than one's self....

It has treated me very well in kind. I make contact with entities that have helped me grow so much as a person.... Infinite wisdom can be found when you look deeply inside yourself and see something much greater than you could have ever imagined.

I plan to meditate, and become more comfortable with my guide during the process of brewing it. I may smoke DMT earlier in the day, get myself more on that plane of thought. I plan to go into it with an idea of "Get me ready for aya, point out the negative aspects of me" as the basis of where I will try to point it. The trip won't be an easy one. But this is not an easy journey. I have had personal inventory trips in the past, but they are made much easier when your bathed in the unfiltered warmth of something truly greater and I will try to aim for that.

DMT has always been good to me, I go to it when I need answers, and I usually come out of it with answers to everything I wanted. Its very warm and comfortable... Sensual at times.... Ive found myself channelling this energy that seemed to come from somewhere/something else, it possesses me... But basically body rocked by pure pleasure.... I was left panting for breath like an over-satisfied lover.

But I usually get what I ask for out of it.... And it treats me well because I prefer to show it respect...

So I would like some advice on the character of Aya from those that have been there. I think I can gain a lot from this....

I wouldn't smoke DMT the same day, for me there's a big tolerance with oral DMT. Even with other tryptamines. If I try taking oral DMT a week or two after another tryptamine I hardly feel anything. It's got to be a very occasional thing.

Oral DMT when it hits you right is the ultimate psychedelic. The only problem is the nausea - I know the theory that vomiting your arsehole up is supposed to be some kind of "purge" but for me it's just a complete unpleasant waste of time and the reason why I usually stick to mushrooms and moclobemide now.

200-300? After 50mg I would at least step up to maybe 100-150mg for the next experience first instead of making the big jump due to the variability of peoples dose response.

Jamaica, what kind of advice are you looking for? My oral DMT experience have by far been my most profound psychedelic experiences, have torn my ego to shreds and blown me to the moon. The only advice I can give (which I think you will do as you seem to have a good idea what the experience can entail) is to be in a peaceful setting, preferably somewhere with a bed. A trip sitter can be a very good thing if you are going balls to the wall right away with you aya experience. The only thing I've ever needed with this experience is soemthing to through up to and a bed to be blown apart on. For the most part I am unable to see properly enough to walk much of anywhere.

Would you bother fucking about adrian? It doesn't sound like he's exactly flush with DMT so is wasting another 100mg the best way forward? Even 200-300mg is going to be pretty friendly.

Well Yea it depends on how much he has to play with, but with my situation yes I would. My previous experiences tell me I need around 200. But Still even with that considering the amount of time it's been since my last oral DMT trip I definitely plan on starting at 150 mg before delving any deeper again. 250 for me sent me into a freak out once upon a time during which I was hospitalized cause I was beyond control and risking hurting myself and those around me. 200 a separate time had me sure I was going to die the complete opposite of friendly.

Point is in the 200-300mg range some people can DEFINITELY be pushed past any kind of comfortable range.

Last edited:
Doesn't sound like much fun - so that was an oral DMT trip that was so powerful you went a bit wappy? What happened at the hospital? Did they just put you to bed and leave you for a bit?

Never had any problem with oral trips - only time it got a bit overwhelming was when I tried rectal admin. Within about 2 minutes of taking the dose I was at the peak of the most powerful DMT trip I've ever had. Didn't make much difference whether my eyes were open or closed. Just got on the couch and waited till it was over. About as much fun as being in a car crash. Didn't freak out tho - in fact when it was all over and I was coming back to normal I looked at my dog and she was still fast asleep about 3 feet away!

Hi i am maybe considering taking an oral dose of dmt sometime in the future is there any recommendations on how to get a medium trip that would last maybe 2-3 hours and also with minimum nausea. Also what state does oral leave you in like can you walk about and all, cuz i am planning on doing it in the house and i live with parents but they will be well asleep. I always trip on acid while in the house with my gf whiles parents are in with no problems. how do you think oral dmt would work in this situation?

Hi i am maybe considering taking an oral dose of dmt sometime in the future is there any recommendations on how to get a medium trip that would last maybe 2-3 hours and also with minimum nausea. Also what state does oral leave you in like can you walk about and all, cuz i am planning on doing it in the house and i live with parents but they will be well asleep. I always trip on acid while in the house with my gf whiles parents are in with no problems. how do you think oral dmt would work in this situation?
Seriously. Have you even read the thread??? All the questions you are asking have already been answered several times.
If your not able to read and gather information from this thread, I reckon you shouldn´t mess with oral DMT.

Sorry for the grumpy reply. But seriously, man.......Sigh!

Also what state does oral leave you in like can you walk about and all, cuz i am planning on doing it in the house and i live with parents but they will be well asleep. I always trip on acid while in the house with my gf whiles parents are in with no problems. how do you think oral dmt would work in this situation?

It's probably 70-30 that you will throw your guts up so if that's likely to wake your mom then forget it.

Once you've thrown your guts up it's probably the best bodyhigh of any drug and yes you can walk around fine.

Doesn't sound like much fun - so that was an oral DMT trip that was so powerful you went a bit wappy? What happened at the hospital? Did they just put you to bed and leave you for a bit?

Never had any problem with oral trips - only time it got a bit overwhelming was when I tried rectal admin. Within about 2 minutes of taking the dose I was at the peak of the most powerful DMT trip I've ever had. Didn't make much difference whether my eyes were open or closed. Just got on the couch and waited till it was over. About as much fun as being in a car crash. Didn't freak out tho - in fact when it was all over and I was coming back to normal I looked at my dog and she was still fast asleep about 3 feet away!

It wasn't all too scary for me actually cause I remember mostly blackness with glimpses of thoughts. I was far beyond the ability to fear though I was freaking the fuck out externally. Ended up outside and started eating grass and army crawling apparently, I vaguely remember thinking to myself about what a leaf is made of and I am guessing this is when I was eating grass. But yea I basically went into ultra freakout mode. Fought with a few paramedics for a while, they gave me haldol to tranq. me and I came out of the trip laughing though it was quite serious for everyone else.

The time I thought I was dying I didn't freakout at all I was just writhing around on my bed for a good 30-40 minutes I am guessing, was overall a great experience.

It's probably 70-30 that you will throw your guts up so if that's likely to wake your mom then forget it.

Once you've thrown your guts up it's probably the best bodyhigh of any drug and yes you can walk around fine.

cheers man no throwing my guts up aint a prbz if she wakes i just wanted to knw if its was gona leave me spangled and lying in a heap so she would knw im off my head she knws i take lsd and all so shouldnt be a problem lol. And also above last night i just wasnt bothered reading through everything last night was with my girl so just wrote what i wanted to knw and waited for a response like Ismene nicely gave me cheers

But that's because they mix the DMT part and the vine all together and they havn't got a clue which causes the nausea. Although caapi does cause nausea by itself, once you add the DMT you tend to start throwing your guts up.

There are also cultures that drink a pure-vine (no DMT) brew that they also call "ayahuasca"

These cultures probably arn't drinking it for the same reason we are tho. Purging is important to the natives because they are usually riddled with worms and violent vomiting helps them get rid of them. To trip you need the DMT.

And there's some question whether they do call it "ayahuasca" or if that was just the limit of understanding of the translators trying to communicate with them - they might just have said "oh, fuck it, lets call it ayahuasca - that's close enough".

Not Cool.

Good day.

Last edited:
^^ you spent more time calling the poster names and bragging about yourself than arguing against his post!

if you're interested in communicating with other human beings, consider being polite. it will help

¿porque tendia que saber hablar español para entender este tema?
no tiene nada que ver
"ayahuasca" tampoco no es un palabra española

it is also my opinion that most natives "don't really have a clue"

of course, they have a lot of experience with plants
but they know nothing about the chemistry behind them
and they may very well pass on to the next generations a wrong idea they got for some random reason

they for instance give an esoteric meaning to the purge whereas some people just see it as a side effect
so the "spiritual meaning" of vomitting is only subjective

i attended a conference with a "real superstar shaman" from peru (guillermo something) and i can assure you that he had no clue about anything
he spent 2h answering "maybe yes, maybe no" to every question
it was pathetic

i know nothing about worms, but this hypothesis doesn't seem that far out to me

Fair enough - that was a little too intense on my behalf. As for Peruvian shamanism, what was once most likely authentic has gone to absolute shit - it's the tourist mecca of ayahuasca tourism, and it's truly disgusting. My point is there is an entire body of knowledge that is connected to the use of these plants and to make sweeping suggestions seems really ignorant.

I know that when it comes to experience of orally active DMT you guys know your shit - I don't have a problem with that at all, but please, have some respect for the history and the people that have been so exploited through ayahuasca tourism.

Apologies.

Y bueno, lo del español - es una locura irse para allá sin poder manejar el lenguaje perfectamente, uno no puede aprender nada de lo cultural sin esto, es lo más necesario.

Mis disculpas: I am very close to one tribe in particular and for someone to suggest they don't know shit is rather insulting.

it is also my opinion that most natives "don't really have a clue"

of course, they have a lot of experience with plants
but they know nothing about the chemistry behind them
and they may very well pass on to the next generations a wrong idea they got for some random reason

Nice to hear someone with a different viewpoint to the standard Vegan!

I used to think that the natives were the all-knowing ones but when you read up on it you find they were usually talking horseshit. Even the idea of "handing down" knowledge of tripping is nonsense. I wouldn't try and tell someone what they should feel or experience during a trip - as Graham Chapman said "You're all individuals".

Beyond saying "This is the dose, these are the side-effects" tripping is a purely subjective individual experience. There's no reason why my trip should be anything like a guys who lives down the street - never mind a guy who lives in the fucking jungle 3000 miles away.

My point is there is an entire body of knowledge that is connected to the use of these plants and to make sweeping suggestions seems really ignorant.

There might be a "body of knowledge" but the trouble is it's all fucking horseshit. There's a body of primitive knowledge about tons of things - astrology, witches, all the different religions, I've no doubt some guy 500 years ago thought that if you prayed to the sun with a cucumber up your arse at the solstice you will have 6 months good luck. It doesn't mean any of it is true.

Just because some primitive guy had some feelings while he was tripping and then linked it to whichever religious bullshine he was partial to doesn't mean we have to follow him. For me the whole essence of tripping is that it's your own personal thing - nothing to do with any fucker telling you how to think or what to feel, or what to worship. It's you and the psychedelic. That's the only relationship I see fit to worship - not the theories of some primitive living in the jungle with a bone through his nose. Fuck the shamen. And the horse they rode in on. And the whole fucking cavalry behind them. There's no need to follow anyone. This isn't some shitty religion, psychedelics are something far purer and more precious than any religion.

Exactly, it is you and the psychedelic and I'm not suggesting otherwise. But you sound like someone that is very sure of their convictions, which suggests you're not particularly understanding that different cultures have differing sociolinguistic realities, and that they are all valid depending on the context from which you analyse them.

So horseshit, no - Ayahuasca is your teacher.

"nothing to do with any fucker telling you how to think or what to feel, or what to worship"

I've never been told what to think, feel, or worship, nor do have I had any experience with any shaman that pushes a system of belief onto the people that drink with them. Admittedly, I'm talking about experience in Colombia, which is yet to be ruined by the stream of stupid north american hippies that have flooded Perú.

I repeat the shaman's of Perú are excellent businessmen (charlatans), they draw on "knowledge" from western spirituality and the absolute drivel expounded by egotistical retards like McKenna and Leary to offer white man what he thinks spirituality is.

"Fuck the shamen. And the horse they rode in on. And the whole fucking cavalry behind them. There's no need to follow anyone. This isn't some shitty religion, psychedelics are something far purer and more precious than any religion"

This is bordering on racism, but I'll respond to this too. Once again, it seems like you're drawing upon stereotypical views of these processes that come out of Perú. I agree that this is not some shitty religion and it makes me sick that it is turning into that.

Once again, Ayahuasca is your teacher, and it is the only thing that needs to be followed.

I think in many respects we actually agree, but it seems obvious to me that you don't like criticism so I'll leave it now.

I apologise for offending you Ismene, I can see that you are "the man of knowledge" of this thread, I never meant to damage your ego.

I, myself, don't know shit ;)