• Psychedelic Drugs Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

The Big & Dandy Oral DMT thread (Ayahuasca/Pharmahuasca)

I tried the below tek yesterday and the results were disappointing and I was hoping someone could offer some advice.

The effect was like shrooms but I was up and down in 1 hour. There was some very basic closed eye visuals, lots of colour intensity, a big body/mind buzz for a while, but nothing else interesting to report about really.

I did purge about 10-15 mins after consuming the liquid so maybe I hadn't absorbed enough of it? Or maybe the heat was too high when I was simmering it? I think the first extraction may well have been as my liquid reduced from 250ml to about 30ml maybe indicating the heat was too high and it destroyed a lot of the spice?

15g powdered MHRB.
250ml deionised water acidified with white wine vinegar to PH3.5.
Simmer for 1 hour.
Filter to a separate container.
Return unfiltered MHRB to pot and repeat simmering/filtering another 2 times with fresh 250ml deionised PH3.5 water.
Combine the 3 filtered liquids into 1 glass (decanting the sludge that had got through the filter).

For the MAOI I consumed 300g Moclobemide 45mins prior to consumption of the liquid.

Last edited:
There is a few things that could have gone wrong. Your MAOI dose was fine though so eliminated that possible failure.
Maybe you purged too early, or maybe your extraction wasn't quite sufficient (though 3 extractions at pH3.5 should be sufficient), maybe your DMT containing plant isn't quite as potent as you'd hoped and thus 15 grams of it wasn't enough.

Personally, though some people find it too far removed from traditional brews, I will always recommend just using DMT crystal. I've had too many failures using a mimosa-tea for me to wanna take the time to boil the plant and then choke it down. Using pure DMT crystal allows you alot more certainty as far as what you're consuming

I got the same trip with 15g, its less than 100 mg of DMT, try with more.
A tip to lesser the purge : before reducing, put in the vine somme gelatine foils (avalable for cake-making), they will fix all the tannic stuff, then filter again.

When simmering the MHRB and water, a skin frequently appears on top of the liquid. Can this just be skimmed off as I assume it's packed full off tannins?

Last edited:
To be honest theres no way you can possibly have been simmering 30ml of liquid. You started with only 250ml? Mate, its basically impossible to simmer that unless youve got a beaker and a bunsen burner. You need like a liter, and take it down to like, half a liter. Many of these plant psychedelics breakdown easier. Cant let it boil once as far as i am concerned, a light simmer is what you want, nothing more. That means, just a couple of bubbles, but if you want certainty, buy a cheapo poultry thermometer.

To be honest theres no way you can possibly have been simmering 30ml of liquid. You started with only 250ml? Mate, its basically impossible to simmer that unless youve got a beaker and a bunsen burner. You need like a liter, and take it down to like, half a liter. Many of these plant psychedelics breakdown easier. Cant let it boil once as far as i am concerned, a light simmer is what you want, nothing more. That means, just a couple of bubbles, but if you want certainty, buy a cheapo poultry thermometer.

Yeah apparently so as I found out today! :)

I tried it again today using 35g powdered MHRB rather than 15g, and made sure not to boil the 250ml water I used. I acidified the water a little more this time as well just to make sure. I ended up with 200ml liquid after the first pull. I started doing a second pull but messed up and let the water boil while I was on the computer and was left with hardly any water so I just binned it.

I don't think I could have stomached any more than 200ml of the liquid anyway so was happy to just go with what I had from the first pull, even though I would have only probably have got ~70% of the DMT leeched out the MHRB. (Based on what others have said of the first pull).

I had my MAOI 45mins previous as before consuming the liquid, then 15mins after, some bread and butter to help my system absorb the DMT. Shortly after I purged, but then it all got very very interesting. %) Amazing visuals which peaked for about 20mins with an overall visual trip of about 1 hour. There was one point I thought I wasn't enjoying it anymore due to the lack of any euphoria but it soon ended and everything calmed down a little and started being really funny. Back to baseline within an hour and half.

Attenbourgh's Life In The Undergrowth has been on all day so it was perfect to have on in the background as my hallucinations developed all sorts of organic and nature elements.

I think I might like to try this again during an aMT trip as i'd love to add aMTs euphoric element. Does anyone have any experience of that combination?

Last edited:
If one were to order 100g of mimosa and 50g of syrian, that ought to cover things for a nice group effort, right? :)

How long do the above dried powders/plants keep for by the way? assuming dry, dark, cold....

Does anyone have any experience with extracting the nausea inducing awful tasting tannins using gelatin? (I hear you can do the same thing with egg whites but gelatin sounds easier)

Would 25g gelatin/100g MHRB powder be a suitable ratio?

I've learned since my last time that I was very lucky to purge quiet quickly after having 35g MHRB. It saved me from having a VERY strong trip which may well have been quiet unpleasant. Purging within 15mins as I have each time meant I hardly absorbed any of the DMT, which would explain the minimal effects of the first try, and the good, but manageable effects of the second try.

Next time, I'm going to try 10g using the same tek as used before but this time using gelatin to remove the tannins so I don't purge. If I can get the trip I want without any nausea i'll be very happy. :)

Last edited:
If one were to order 100g of mimosa and 50g of syrian, that ought to cover things for a nice group effort, right? :)

Depends on how many are in the group!

10g MHRB is the recommended dose for a strong trip.

However, that's if you don't purge within 15mins like I recently learned. I felt next to nothing due to a quick purge after a 15g MHRB dose.

Some of the simple teks (MHRB + Syrian) mention using Lemon juice mixed with the water.

IF Lemon is hard to come by, would Grapefruit or Pink Grapefruit work?

^ grapefruit should work... might taste even worse than lemon though... and mimosa brews, whether plain or with citrus, tend to be particularly gag-inducing 8o

for people who have trouble keeping the brew down, (and i imagine that would be most of us, at some point), here's a simple technique i've used with success for ayahuasca:

before drinking, communicate with your stomach. prepare it, inform it of what is about to occur. let it know that it is going to be asked to accept a medicine that will likely feel shocking, unknown, maybe invasive. reassure your stomach that it is for the best.

drink.

immediately comfort your stomach. feel the aya or mimosa brew as a restless baby in your tender belly. calm it. soothe it. let it know that everything's ok. etc etc.

lying face down seems to make it easier for stomach contents to surge upwards. sitting in half-lotus with a straight yet relaxed back is a recommended nausea-resistant posture.

do this until either the abdominal turmoil subsides, or purge becomes unavoidable...

<3

thanks that is good advice

this is wht the proper ritualistic use invoves a few days of meditation etc i guess

how long should you hold it down for to ensure results - i mean there must be a minimum before you can consider it safe to eject :)

assume that the person in question had a truely empty stomach other than maoi substance

A truly empty stomach could be a drawback with oral DMT. You often find that eating something after you've taken the DMT (something like buttered toast) can make the DMT kick in a lot faster. Otherwise nothing seems to happen.

If you're taking extracted freebase DMT you'll usually find it kicks in well before you vomit - you probably vomit near the peak of the trip so there's no need to worry. I don't know whether that also happens when you're trying to choke down a glass of mimosa. Presumably that takes a while longer for your body to adjust to than pure freebase DMT.

Ok so assuming I eat some buttered toast, and have ideal stomach conditions....roughly how long should the urge to yack be fought?

I mean 10 or 20 minutes or more like 45 to an hour, or.........

^^
It can totally vary.. One time on a mostly empty stomach I took a large sip from a brew of 8g Mimosa, drank about 2/3's of the remaining liquid after I reduced it.. I felt the effects immediately after drinking, purged after less than 5 minutes, and still had a fairly strong experience..

Last time I drank about the same amount and it took about 45 minutes before I felt anything at all, and I purged right before the peak, at about the 1.5hr mark.

A truly empty stomach could be a drawback with oral DMT. You often find that eating something after you've taken the DMT (something like buttered toast) can make the DMT kick in a lot faster. Otherwise nothing seems to happen.

If you're taking extracted freebase DMT you'll usually find it kicks in well before you vomit - you probably vomit near the peak of the trip so there's no need to worry. I don't know whether that also happens when you're trying to choke down a glass of mimosa. Presumably that takes a while longer for your body to adjust to than pure freebase DMT.

so the DMT actually makes you vomit?? I thought that was just the other tannins and crap in whatever you were drinking that made you puke, not the actual DMT??!?!

I wouldn't be taking freebase DMT though - I heard you can convert it to a salt using concentrated orange juice.

Do you evaporate the orange juice after mixing it up>?

Oh yea it's the DMT that makes you vomit alright (the other stuff doesn't help in a brew though).

I've read people saying that dissolving the DMT in cocacola (phoshporic acid) decreases the nausea. I tried this once but I still threw up. My nausea during a DMT trip is usually brief, very intense and random. Usually I'll just suddenly throw up and then start falling deep into the DMT space.

If you dissolve in OJ, you might as well drink it right? Don't see a point in evaporating the orange juice. Ismene's cocacola recommendation (if I recall correctly) is to dissolve your dose in a pint of coca cola and drink it.

DMT can definitely make you vomit.. In my opinion though, it gets better with more experience. Also, dramamine REALLY helps me, and having some toast in my tummy.. I still feel a little nausea for the first few minutes after drinking my tea, but now I've gotten to a point where it wanes after only a few minutes, and I don't usually vomit. But that's with moderate doses. With large doses of DMT, I am still very likely to vomit..

Viva la Purga!