• Psychedelic Drugs Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

The Big & Dandy Methoxetamine(2-(3-methoxyphenyl)-2-(ethylamino)cyclohexanone) Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hmmmm sounds very interesting.... 2 to 2.5 hours off a sub 50mg hit?

So yeah, I insufflated about 30-40mg of this earlier and I was thoroughly... confused, I guess would be the word in this case? Closest thing I've ever had to this is salvia (no experience with ketamine), but it can't really be compared to that very well. I just remember being in a rather dreamlike state where everything was the same but very different, I kept walking funny and I couldn't think straight. I was never really "there", but I guess that's to be expected with dissociatives. Lasted about 2-2.5hrs, though my perception of time was really screwed up on it, I don't know if it felt longer or shorter.

Not a very good report, but there you go.

this is a good description.
thank you

its pretty normal to be confused on dissociatives.

its also very hard to put into words.

i hope to hear more reports, and hopefully some comparisons to ketamine.

So yeah, I insufflated about 30-40mg of this earlier and I was thoroughly... confused, I guess would be the word in this case? Closest thing I've ever had to this is salvia (no experience with ketamine), but it can't really be compared to that very well. I just remember being in a rather dreamlike state where everything was the same but very different, I kept walking funny and I couldn't think straight. I was never really "there", but I guess that's to be expected with dissociatives. Lasted about 2-2.5hrs, though my perception of time was really screwed up on it, I don't know if it felt longer or shorter.

Not a very good report, but there you go.

+1..... yeh like having gas at the dentists when ya get a tooth yanked, bit messy, cant roll spliffs haha, another one for the " i tried it" list

edit.. i shd not of said dont waste ya money, actually the afterglow of this stuff is worth its weight in gold

Last edited:
It's a dissociative with an increased activity at the mu opiate receptor, which makes it more 'fluffy', nowt like having sevoflourane or halothane pumped onto your lungs while they yank your teeth out. The salvia analogy I don't know about as salvia acts at the kappa opiate receptor (nowt like your typical mu agonist), but it's a very non threatening state of being - a bit like a combination of ketamine & opium (hence the dreamlike state, but with visionary apects)

I remember an issue of the Furry Freak Brothers where ketamine was described as a nightmare...

I tried 50mg (insufflated) of this yesterday. Very much like ketamine, but more confusion for me rather than less. An enjoyable experience, but didn't manage to k-hole. Used half, then an hour or so later another 25mg.

Weird thing was, sometimes I'd almost feel back at baseline, the next I'd be well gone.

Definitely worth a try if you like dissociatives.

I got 100mg of this today. Just did a ~1mg allergy test, going to work my way up 10-15mg a time.

Gotta give a smart man his praise :)

And I wouldn't rule out kappa binding on this one, the binding profile must be complex I'd say.. Hey, at times I heard the elves rustle throughout the experience, always loving caring for me, something like the humming bees you hear on DMT <3<3<3

looks like i.m. is the proper way to apply this compound.

Last edited:
It's a dissociative with an increased activity at the mu opiate receptor, which makes it more 'fluffy', nowt like having sevoflourane or halothane pumped onto your lungs while they yank your teeth out. The salvia analogy I don't know about as salvia acts at the kappa opiate receptor (nowt like your typical mu agonist), but it's a very non threatening state of being - a bit like a combination of ketamine & opium (hence the dreamlike state, but with visionary apects)

I remember an issue of the Furry Freak Brothers where ketamine was described as a nightmare...

the stuff i took made me feel messy , which i take dissociative to mean ,cant compare it to anything else as i never took ket or anything similar, it was a bit bleh in my opinion and like i said a bit messy, ie a bit like when ya come round at the dentists, thats te only thing i can compare it with,but i can see the appeal for some peeps, horses for courses..ps i smoked weed alongside , which felt good but probs addeed to the messiness

hey Ben:)

p.s .. i would like to add that the afterglow off this stuff is beautiful, i feel great today and if anything this shit feels very theraputic..yeh i would use this stuff as a monthly tonic and not as an aid to get wasted, and 50 mg gives ya head a good clear out , i was gonna take amt on monday after booking two days off work, fuck that , we just booked two days in blackpool for us and kids instead, also gonna address my dependance on weed as well, made me relize my priorties

Last edited:
Yeah, I want to echo the anti-depressant properties which it also shares with K. Yesterday everything was lovely and bright (not the usual grey I have to endure) and even today everything just feels "better".

I'll stick with ket though, at least until the price of this comes down. Nice, but way too costly in comparison.

Damn, you lucky Brits. To think this stuff is expensive! It's like 1/4 the price of ket.

Ketamine is a max of £20 a gram. This is £80 a gram. Dosing (at sub 50mg levels, at least) doesn't seem like ket needs 16x (but I will need to get a larger amount of "methoxetamine" to test with) the amount to make this a quarter of the price.

a bit like a combination of ketamine & opium (hence the dreamlike state, but with visionary apects)

the first time i had ket i was on opium and mda

opened a parcel today and it have to say its lovely- if you ever get paranoid on ket then this is the solution. i find ket makes me paranoid and nauseous personally. this reminds me of the good bits of ket with opium (and vague memories of nitrous oxide).

its lush and i can see it being good for coming down from mdma

i feel lush and soft like liquid

i often had bad experiences with ketamine and cannabis combined

what i love about this is that i can move about and dance and sing, while still feeling very numb and wonky

part of my paranoia with ket is being incapacitated (a freind was robbed in this exact way- she k holed on a train... addict)

Last edited:
up my nosehole^

i eyeballed (couldn't remeber where i left my scale) an amount proprtional to 1 tenth the powder in the bag (250mg) or lower so lets say 25mg (could have been 20mg)and i makde it into two lines after chopping up. i had half of one line and waited and it was like something good was happening in my fingers and my back was getting very relaxed. then after about half hour i had the remaining line and listened to music. definite warmth of an opiate high and a feeling somewhere between the dirty excitement of alcohol/ketamine. anyways whenever i got ket paranoia (ohh i'm feeling wierd whats happening type shit), it would melt into a warm wave of what felt like strong poppy tea. i was able to do stuff on it and yet still be quite fucked, it was more like being pissed but in a really fucking nice way than ket which is often uncomfortable for me. overall a positive experience with no drawbacks but i was indoors listeing to music.

whereas ket has such a numbing feeling that you cant feel a body high (for me anyway) this was a beautiful body high. i love body highs- its my favourite bit, the mental stuff is okay but having your body feel different is just ace

a very satisfying relaxing feeling

bear in mind i was up this morning from 4am for overtime at work and only now once it is wearing down is sleep seeming inevitable

Last edited:
Ketamine is a max of £20 a gram. This is £80 a gram. Dosing (at sub 50mg levels, at least) doesn't seem like ket needs 16x (but I will need to get a larger amount of "methoxetamine" to test with) the amount to make this a quarter of the price.

In the US it's usually £60 or so a gram, and this methoxetamine sounds like it's more potent than ketamine by weight.

Also for some reason I thought this stuff was £20 a gram or something too. Wasn't paying attention.

Well then now that this has gone public, perhaps I'll chip in with my experience...

I've had two experiences with this. IMO, aside from the structural similarity, it has very little in common with Ketamine.

For me, this compound is primarily a light opioid (I even got the itches both times I tried it) with something vaguely dissociative-like added to it.

While my opinion is that this substance is far more interesting than any of the recently publicized PCP analogues, I still remain unsure as to how useful it is for me... certainly a pleasurable buzz, but I wonder if I could unlock more of its potential in a different set/setting? I have one dose left, so I'm saving it for that :).

But after all is said and done, as it stands, to me this substance is inferior to Ketamine in every thing it has to offer. That is not to say that it is bad - far from it. I am simply saying that this has so far offered me nothing that Ketamine couldn't have offered even better and with extra chirps and gigles ;).

Having tried this and a handful of other 3-Methoxylated arylcyclohexamines now, I have come to the following conclusions:

- That the 3-MeO DRASTICALLY changes the function of the drug, so much so as to warrant creating a new class for these drugs as being completely different from their non-3-MeO substituted compounds.

- With the above in mind, it seems that I and a handful of others on this forum are all tone-deaf to this purported bliss that these drugs are said to create. Methoxetamine gave a definite albeit light opioid effect - it was pleasant, but far from the ecstasies that FnB and other awesome people wax lyrical about. All the others are neutral at best, and even dysphoric at times, IME. This leads me to believe that some people may be genetically predisposed to not respond to that effect - or that we all have acquired tolerance to it due to our past drug abuse...

---

While I am happy that research in this area is starting to stir toward the direction of Ketamine, I am now convinced that simply adding a keto group to the cyclohexyl ring does not make a drug K-like. It seems to me that the 2'-chloro substitution is instrumental for the "ketamine effect".

With that said, I'll start getting excited again once someone makes the fluoro or bromo (or the N-ethylated) analogues of K :).

p.s. Not sure where people are all buying this stuff (I wasn't aware it was on the market until today), but are you completely certain that what you're getting is indeed the compound in question...?

EDIT: To clarify, my experiments were with 16mg and 25mg respectively, taken rectally. I will definitely be IMing for my next experiment, but waiting to get a micron filter.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.