• Psychedelic Drugs Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

Tryptamines The Big & Dandy MET Thread

Earlier this week I tried MET for the fourth time. Previously I had smoked it at 20, 30, and 35 mg, all to varying degrees of relatively threshold effect. This time I decided to go all in and smoke 50 mg, a dosage that someone else I had shared with had already claimed gave them a powerfully hallucinogenic and euphoric experience lasting over an hour. Lately I have been in the mood of trying to simply enjoy my trips without monitoring so much after a long period of writing in-depth reports for basically every one of my experiences, so I really wasn't keeping notes like that or anything for this trip either, and unfortunately it had a fairly strong amnesiac effect for me too, but this is what I can recall of the experience right now....

I smoked the 50 mg of MET layered between cannabis in a bong while leaning back in my recliner in my living room; I want to say it only took me two hits to finish everything off that I had loaded, but it's hard to recall now and I may have taken a third at least for good measure. I was perfectly comfortable to finish taking my hits fully and calmly place the bong down on the table next to me, though there was indeed a sense of urgency near the end as the effects were quickly appearing in a very DMT-like way.

As I still had the bong in my hands I could see the world with eyes open beginning to transform, large streaks of rainbow neon lights bursting through the seams of reality into the room around me, flashes of illuminated geometry arranged into some kind of alien carnival design, and a subtle distortion rippling over my entire field of vision as a dim, transparent vine-style mandala pattern played with my vision from behind and started incorporating increasingly complex maze designs into its textures. The visuals overall had an artistic design that resembled 4-HO-MET much more than either DMT or psilocin would for me, particularly in terms of their hedonsitic and wide-reaching color patterns and noticeably technological designs, but notably they were still more like these two natural tryptamines overall than like 4-HO-MET for me, in the sense that MET, DMT, and psilocin for me all seem to produce their visual experiences by creating extremely complex but subtle and transparent patterns that slowly build up to the point of being fully overwhelming as the trips become really intense, whereas with 4-HO-MET, I find the open eye visuals that first appear to be of relatively lower complexity but almost completely opaque, extremely vibrant and sharp in a way that makes them especially nice for recreational trips aimed at getting visuals. On the other hand, the MET visuals felt better suited to me for going deep, at least compared to 4-HO-MET.

Shortly after I had set the bong down and had started seeing all these open eye visual effects unfold, I closed my eyes as I generally would for the peak when smoking DMT. This is the part that is hardest for me to remember now unfortunately, but what I do recall is pretty significant.... Primarily, where I found myself was in a sort of transforming, extending out in all directions infinite hallway which I also experience regularly on DMT, where the hallways are comprised of human or humanoid hallucinations arranged in various poses extending back away from me, and as they shift poses and behaviors the hallways completely rearrange themselves, and in addition, with the strongest version of this effect that I have experienced on DMT there is a sort of synesthesia that accompanies the experience, one where I can feel my body merging into and becoming these transforming hallucinations, usually with an erotic vibe, and this was happening this time on the MET as well. The difference is that when DMT does this for me the trip is extremely intense in pretty much all ways, already a total sensory overload and really emotional experience for me, which makes this incredible and hedonistic experience mostly just a cool afterthought for me lost in the madness of everything else going on, whereas on this MET experience the visuals were as I said very powerful but still not yet overwhelming on the level of DMT's for the same trip, and the headspace was almost completely lucid and calm other than the feeling of extreme intensity, and these things together caused the erotic synesthesia to completely dominate the experience as a whole, as I saw beautiful female entities drift past me while reaching out to me and rip my sense of self apart in the most bizarre and blissful ways without any distraction. The experience was so intense that at the heaviest point I felt that I was almost pushed to a spontaneous orgasm, but I didn't quite make it.

Once I had reached that point I got about as satisfied as I felt I was going to get from it, I opened my eyes again and scanned the room, and shortly after quickly moved to my bedroom to lie down. The visuals with open eyes were still more subtle than 4-HO-MET, but still very powerful nonetheless and definitely more complex than that, with my room still pulsing and twisting and shining in all kinds of brilliant neon color patterns to the point that my body was starting to shake a bit just from the sensory overload. I was a bit too heavy to do much with it still at first, but I think about twenty to twenty five minutes after dosing got a sudden rush of energy as I normally do, so I got up and enjoyed dancing to a few songs while I could, though this was late at night and I was still quite tired. After I wore myself out I sat down and started reflect on life and my recent behaviors while enjoying the slowly dwindling visuals and body high until I was completely down about two hours after starting.

Overall, I loved this experience, though I wish I could remember more of it in detail. Future experiences will help with that I'm sure.... For now, I'll just say that it definitely feels a lot like DMT to me but more easygoing, orgasmic, and filled with bright neon colors similarly to how 4-HO-MET is compared to psilocin for me, and I would even say that this trip furthered an earlier instinct I had that some qualities of MET could superficially be compared to a DOx chemical much like I often feel 4-HO-MET has some superficial similarities to a 2C-x chemical, though again with less focus as I still find MET to focus more on the DMT-like qualities overall. It's not as powerful of a trip in general as DMT for me so far but it is a very similar trip that is more recreational and long-lasting, so that alone makes it definitely very interesting in my book, and I am now highly interested to see what else it will be able to show me with more trials and higher dosages.

However... that's all I've got for now. :)

Beautiful. Loved MET freebase vaped. Just the most beautiful clean tryptamine feeling....very aquamarine whatever that suggests.

Cool, I never got MET when it was first made available many years ago, and I opted to get MPT and MiPT this go-around since less has been written about them. But one day I'll collect 'em all... maybe.

Beautiful. Loved MET freebase vaped. Just the most beautiful clean tryptamine feeling....very aquamarine whatever that suggests.

Yeah, it's a pretty wonderful feeling. :D Really not threatening at all even with the intensity, I definitely can't wait to push further.... Aquamarine, huh? I guess I could see that. It makes me want to say it's sort of a golden, but natural yellow.... That sounds about right to me. :)

Cool, I never got MET when it was first made available many years ago, and I opted to get MPT and MiPT this go-around since less has been written about them. But one day I'll collect 'em all... maybe.

Haha, I definitely know that feeling. I'm pretty glad to have gotten my hands on what I have. :) Honestly, I'm very quickly falling in love with the base tryptamines here, they're all completely fantastic and impressive psychedelics when used right as far as I can tell.... I'm sure you won't go wrong with MPT and MiPT, they're two of the most impressive hallucinogens I've sampled yet personally. However, if you do get a chance to get your hands on MET, I absolutely would recommend it too! Of all of them, MET is probably the one that feels the most like DMT to me overall, but still lighter in terms of ease of use and recreational value, but not power.... It's certainly still a very powerful psychedelic overall despite it's comparatively easier nature, just like 4-HO-MET is compared to psilocin, just one with a bit of a different focus. I think it's something a psychedelic veteran like yourself in particular would really appreciate....

What I really want to know right now myself is just how far it can be pushed into breakthrough territory.... Think I'm gonna aim for more like 60-70 mg next time. :)

Could someone please post reagent test results for MET? I am unsure of the identity of my sample and it seems there are no published test results for MET (despite many people supposedly having tried it!)

So, reading this thread MET seems to be a more recreational, lighter on the mind DMT?

If so, would it be accurate to say, 4-aco-dmt is to DMT as 4-ho-met is to MET? generally ​speaking

So, reading this thread MET seems to be a more recreational, lighter on the mind DMT?

If so, would it be accurate to say, 4-aco-dmt is to DMT as 4-ho-met is to MET? generally ​speaking

Pretty much so.

Its very hedonistic, and hard to say why...8)

I've made "changa" with MET last time when I was freebasing it because I was tired of dealing with a sticky wax.

Equal amounts of sodium carbonate (dried baking soda) was mixed with MET fumarate in a large metal spoon, a small amount of purified water was added and the mixture was heated very gently underneath using torch lighter. After few minutes of mixing, the spoon was submerged in a glassware filled with 96% isopropyl alcohol. The glass vessel was put in a water bath to allow evaporation of IPA, extra amounts of soda were eventually left sticked on walls of the glass as the evaporation was going on.
When only little amount of liquid left, dried smoke mix (damiana, passion flower, lemon balm, sage) and a corresponding amount of Harmala seeds extract were added. It was thoroughly mixed and the remaining IPA was fully evaporated by spreading it on a glass sheet and allowed to air dry. Was left with an aromatic herb mix.
Make sure to not ever use open fire when evaporating solvents! When making such blends for the first time, you must account the fact that Harmala seeds extract is a MAO inhibitor and posses certain health risks, so always start your experimentation with low dose.

Result upon vaporizing? Gentle, calm, powerful... Gets really nice and deep, I can do it all day literally. Feels very meditative, healing.
Have not gone for a breakthrough yet and just have been maintaining the steady high for hours. Very nice afterglow afterwards, deeply satisfying experience! ;)

Yeah I didn't call it DMT lite for no reason! I'll never ever forget the days I spent iM'ing it with MXE my gawds! The couple of times I added some O-desmethyltramadol with hydroxzyine from an IM vial of it......SO EUPHORIC! Obviohsly! I can't wait to try some again someday! I'm sure it pairs really nice with O-PCE!

Whats a good starting dose? Can you plug it or it looses potency like I read on DPT? I have the fumarate salt.

Whats a good starting dose? Can you plug it or it looses potency like I read on DPT? I have the fumarate salt.

You can definatly plug this, as well as DPT. I would say a good starting dose plugged is 30mg for either. If you have DPT HCL this is the most potent way short of using a needle or converting to freebase.

You can definatly plug this, as well as DPT. I would say a good starting dose plugged is 30mg for either. If you have DPT HCL this is the most potent way short of using a needle or converting to freebase.

Not necessarily. The brownish DPT around for so long is much less effective plugged than snorted.

weird. Never had brownish DPT. had pink/orangish I think in 2012. Rest has been off white. That would SUCK to get DPT I couldn't plug I'd wanna give it away :-(

Snorting isn't too bad. It sucked the first time and then I got used to it. I've seen other comments around BL saying DPT isn't as effective plugged as snorted. Now I wonder if it's just this specific batch, only when there's certain other molecules present, or what...

Snorting isn't too bad. It sucked the first time and then I got used to it. I've seen other comments around BL saying DPT isn't as effective plugged as snorted. Now I wonder if it's just this specific batch, only when there's certain other molecules present, or what...

I've never tried snorted. I tried to smoke the HCL like twice in 2012 and decided to try plugging it. like 25mg had me in space.

Fast forward to 2014/2015 and I start fucking with DPT again. I probably went though a gram-two grams, only plugging. Doses usually from 15mg-50mg. 50mg was about top out territory for a single dose for me, I'm talking full on immersive DPT experience (esp. with mxe or ket). I really liked to stack doses though. LIke plug 20mg and meditate and say hello to DPT (cuz out of all the RC's I've done, that one and 2c-e scare me the most). I could keep plugging more doses (usually like 30mg) with no real diminishing affects. A lot of times on the 2nd or 3rd dose I would mix in a 2c-x.

Most I ever plugged was like 120mg with a shitton of MXE and MDMA. Without the MDMA I prolly woulda dosesd some etizolam, but with the MDMA I was just like "okay yah, this is probably some of the most intense wild visions I've ever had but fuck it, it's cool. I'm pretty sure I wrote a report about that in the DPT thread or in some PD social a few years back.

My main point being, yah, that batch is probably not good then. If you can't plug 50mg DPT and be in an almost overwhelming experience something is wrong.

Yea 25mg of my stuff plugged was just above threshold, if that.

Hey guys. Just got my MET. It says from my vendor that it's a fumarate salt... it smells extremely strong of vinegar... or like a sour swimming pool. Was wondering if anyone else had similar experiences with the fumarate?

MET acetate would smell like vinegar. I'm not sure what fumaric acid smells like, but all of the tryptamine fumarates I've ever encountered did not smell acidic.

There sure is a lot of commentary here on the rectal dosage of DPT. I can't imagine that they're all that comparable

I have some 4-ACO-MET that smells faintly of vinegar so that sounds right.