• Psychedelic Drugs Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

The Big & Dandy 'Memory and Psychedelics' Thread

hmmm, i can't help but wonder if dxm at such high levels would have adverse reactions to nootropics such as Dimethylaminoethanol, especially since amounts like 500-750mg out of what i have read may cause anxiety and restlessness. i can't imagine some of the side effects to DMAE combined with the effects of DXM being that good on the body. honestly i don't see a problem with taking around 350mg or so. if a few more people come out saying that taking something like 500-750mg shouldn't be a problem, by all means i'll go for it.

Last edited:
People don't describe sigma has being "fourth plateau but you can remember!" they describe it as feeling dirty and *just* fucked up. I've never heard it described as a mystical experience and nearly everyone it happens says they feel "off" for weeks afterwards.

If you want to learn more of yourself, stop taking DXM (because you're about to lose the magic, trust me), and take abreak for at least a month from psychedelics in general. Then pick up something else and experiment with that.

i only take dxm once every month or two for the past 8 months. trust me... it hasn't lost its magic quite yet. i'm only planning on taking it one or two more times before i go away for about four years. the sigma dose interested me (and yes, i have read plenty of experiences) for the simple fact that it was described by more than one person as much more vivid and they were able to describe more of the experience than somebody who just came out of the fourth plateau.

all that aside, can somebody please answer my nootropics (specifically DMAE) + dxm combination question?

Last edited:
Fragbait said:

If you want to learn more of yourself, stop taking DXM (because you're about to lose the magic, trust me), and take abreak for at least a month from psychedelics in general. Then pick up something else and experiment with that.

EXACTLY

Ive heard fro ketamine users that i believe a vitamine B injection has helped retain some peoples memory, but i wouldnt quote me on that, if someone else could elaborate more for me, its appreciated.

glogga, im just curious where you heard dxm and amphetamines dont go well together. i've researched this bizzare chemical for years and it's hard to find info regarding how well it goes with other chemicals, suprisingly. you think there would be more info on dxm with it's popularity and all, i would guess most of it's users are cough syrup junkies with varying pupil sizes (like me). i've experienced plateau sigma too, or at least i think i did. i used to take this stuff daily from 500mg to 2grams, usually 2-3 doses per day. after a week, that has to be plateau sigma, very weird. i wouldnt go over a gram though or else you will most likely not remember anything about the trip if your not experienced enough.

DMAE + DXM, in my personal ancedotal expierence, has no adverse effects at high dosages of both. I found it to improve memory recall of the expierence, and the effects of DXM did not seem hindered by the DMAE. I have heard several users cite the same effects of memory recall and non-impairment of DXM's effects.

On a seperate note, It's great to have people link to the Dextroverse (I'm the administrator). =)

-Nitin

^first, full agree w/ Fragbait and two fathomz conclusions.

for all the advocates, what exactly were your revelations - as you say hi dose non-recreational, learning - what was it that you learned from DXM?

I always found DXM an excellent psychedelic in the true sense of the word. It's extremely easy to enter that well-known trance state and gain revelations about life. The type of revelations that can't be put into words, 4+ experiences.

PeoplesMind: Your site rules.

Re: 4th plateau memory

damonsin said:
after hitting 4th plateau with dxm, things become a little foggy as far as remembering what exactly happened... is there anything i can do in preparation for the experience to possibly remember it better?
I read this on erowid, it worked for this guy, he had his dxm experience first and once all effects have generally worn off take some mdma, but some powder or like aderall or something would work too but i would imagine that mdma would be the most enjoyable

i used to do DXM two years ago recreationally
i used to trip around the second and third plateaus; never really trying little enough for first and taking at most about one gram or so...

from what ive read on it at erowid and asked of the people i used to do this with... the main point of fourth plateau is that you cannot remember what happens...

the more you try to get its effects, the more your neural pathways are shot and thus the less you can remember

according to erowid

i always remeber all my experiences but have never really tried to go to far with DXM
btw does anyone know of acessible drugs with shorter trips
preferably tryptamines or things of that nature
btw can i steal this from a hospital?
i shall be interning soon...

^
btw this stuff on the neural pathways is some advanced fucking shit on erowid... if you can find the doc about alpha and beta receptors and all those nice serotinin references, youre good (provided you can get past the jargon)

ooh btw just saw post on aderol
used to do that too

friend had some band experiences on that and ritalin
and ive read on this too

dont do that

memory loss /blindness on LSD+AMT

ok this just dawned on me.. i have not touched and psycadelics after this experence but i figured id ask if it happend to anyone else...

at a party years ago i mixed some strong liquid LSD ((3 hits)) with a pill i would later find out was AMT ((im not sure of the exact dose.. i was young and stupid at the time))

the LSD came up fine... quite wonderful... i then poped the AMT 30 min later i was flying out of this world... then quite suddenly it was an hour later... i remember nothing from that last hour... i figured it was just time flying by from triping... then everything litterally went black... i had actually asumed i had closed my eyes and went to make sure... i had not... i could not see anything... my eyes where infact open and i had gone blind... i dident say anything at the party because i dident want to scare anyone.. then about 2 hours later (( im asumeing because it was 1AM.. and the next thing i saw was the clock.. 3AM)) has anything like this ever happend to anyone else?