• Psychedelic Drugs Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

The Big & Dandy 'Memory and Psychedelics' Thread

no it makes perfect sense, this is an underlying theme in pyschedelics. The world itself has no 1 definition, its defined by each individual person and how they interpret it. In other words your understanding of the world and how you see things is completely unique, everyone filters information in differently respective to your consciencness. When you take pyschedelics this filter is removed entirely and you interpret things in a new fashion. this may be how the world really is, or it could be your drug induced filter. you follow me? :)

This is something I wrote after doing nitrous many many times over the period of a few hours. Mostly it deals with how I feel nitrous reveals the battle between energy states and physical states, and how those correlate to everything else.
It seems a bit extreme in some cases, a bit hokey and confusing in others.
It is relevant to this conversation, so here we go... I apologize if it's a little long:
the mind
vs
the body
the electron
vs
the atom (or protons)
who is winning? the mind or the body?
body:
smells, taste (tasting feelings, smelling sounds), breathing (stuttering when you are breathing in/out of the balloon, seeing
mind:
thinking, seeing, knowing
when you are doing nitrous.... there is a battle between good and evil. between physical and mental (or electrical). your ears hear things different, your eyes see things differently, you lose your balance or your ability to hold onto things.
if you pass out, has mental won because then your body is being used only minimally? or, has the body won because even though your heart is still working, you are not taking in anything like sight or sound. basically, your nervous system shuts down. the only thing keeping you alive is that part of your brain that tells your heart to keep beating and your lungs to keep breathing.
neutrality: there is an island of yin inside the ocean of yang, and an island of yang inside the ocean of yin.
in an atom, there are protons, electrons and neutrons. the neutrons keep everything in balance. there are an equal number of protons and electrons. the neutrons keep one side from overpowering the other.
the protons are in the middle, the electrons are on the ouside. are the electrons trying to get in, or are the protons trying to escape?
postive vs negative
energy vs matter
egoloss
isolation tanks = no physical, all mental
near death experience = no physical, all mental
oobe = np, am
locked in an eternal battle between physical and mental. normally they are compatible, but when you are drugs, either one tries to take over, or you finally understand the battle.
the physical world starts to give you orgasmic pleasure so that you can realize that you need the body. the mind gives you interesting thoughts, insight and truth to you realize that you need the mind.
there cannot be nothingness, there can only be. and to be, there must be yes or no. like free will and christianity. people cannot just be good, because then their goodness would not mean anything. if they have free will, then they can choose between good and bad. people must die.
nothingness cannot exist.
nitrous is a good tool for learning about these battles, because it makes your body feel good as well as your mind, whereas most other drugs just deal with your mind or your body alone.
is sight the weakest sense, because it's the first to give in? (meaning, you are more likely to see things than you are to imagine tasting things).
or, is sight the strongest sense? after all, if you are in a sensory deprivation tank, you will still hallucinate if you open your eyes.
but if its a real tank, if you open your eyes there will be no light, so it doesn't matter what you are seeing, because you can't. you are just thinking about the thoughts in your head.
so... the senses are just put there to provide input to your brain. but, you could live without them. it doesn't matter if sight is the strongest or the weakest, because all the matters is the mind vs the body. since you can live without them, its possible that the mind is stronger than the body.
in a tank, you are just breathing/beating and thinking. is it possible that it's the nearest thing to death, since your body is only used in a very minimal way (ie just breathing and your heartbeat)?
if so, doesn't that mean that your mind is stronger? after all, you are thinking major thoughts, whereas your body is just breathing and beating your heart.
what if your brain were to stay alive but your body was not? since in a tank your brain seems to be more active, that is you are not getting any body buzz or anything: you can't feel anything at all.
does this mean that your body is useless in the real scheme of things? does this mean that your mind is more powerful? if your body is useless, than so is life. if life is useless, than death is more important than life.
everyone dies...
if death is so important, if death is the obvious winner... than what is the point of life? it would seem that life is then a test to prepare you for death.
but, does this mean that it is a test to see if you will get into heaven?
you would then continue to have a battle of good and evil during life, so you can then enjoy eternity (?) after death, experiencing or being either good or evil. after all, if there is a god, who would choose the path of evil?
i must find a deprivation tank. drugs have been enjoyable so far, and have taught me a lot. but, i think that now i understand the true purpose of my body, the two beings in my body (physical vs electrical, mind vs body)... i feel that now i do not need drugs to reach that plateau, if i can just find a tank. if i can find a tank, then the yin and yang in my mind and body can duke it out completely.
the tank will teach me the ultimate truth. there is either god, or there is nothing.
[ 03 January 2003: Message edited by: fatdave ]

you know that feeling like you know the answer to everything or at least you're figuring it out
its just how nitrous makes you feel :D
i figured it out after doing many a bulb ;)

4th plateau memory

after hitting 4th plateau with dxm, things become a little foggy as far as remembering what exactly happened... is there anything i can do in preparation for the experience to possibly remember it better?

WRIte things down,f i/vbe had mayn important insights disqppear right aft'er iI"VE figure itall out.

i'd like to write things down, but the 4th plateau experience sort of doesn't permit me to do that, considering i can't even talk or really even move at around 1.4 grams.

D.M. Turner writes in the Essential Psychedelic Guide that combining 2C-B with ketamine helped him retain memories of the experience. link

I haven't tried it, but since the mechanisms of action are similar, I would be willing to bet that DXM could be combined with 2C-B or a similar PEA (2C-I or 2C-D might work well) to increase memory retention of the trip.

At least at a 3rd plateau dose. I've never hit the 4th plateau (never really wanted to); it may be too close to fully anaesthetic to ever remember very well.

Of course I'm not saying this combo would be at all safe. Be careful.

cool idea. can anybody verify if this is remotely safe to do? assuming this is safe, how much 2C-B are we talking about taking prior to taking 1.4 grams of dxm? the link that VictorBorge posted really doesn't even discuss how much 2C-B you would be taking with ketamine for the purpose of memory retention. if the case is that this isn't safe to do at all (or nobody can confirm that this is a safe practice) what else could i do to help retain a 4th plateau experience better?

i think i got it! i am very excited to try this out after mucho reading. i am thinking that the problem with retaining a fourth plateau experience is that in that bulk dosage you get more of an anaesthetic effect. maybe the only way to have more vivid memories at such a high dose is to prolong the experience of a lower dose by gradually taking more and more dxm like the sigma dose perscribed in the erowid DXM FAQ here: http://www.erowid.org/chemicals/dxm/faq/dxm_experience.shtml#toc.5.9
am i totally out there, or does this sound like a sensible idea?

You're totally out there. Have you read any experiences of Sigma? They're all horrible.

I would think that the dangerous interaction between MDMA and DXM is probably going to happen with any 2C and DXM. So I'd definitely recommend against that.

i know i may sound like a nut jumping into plateau sigma, but i've been experimenting with dxm for some time now. i realize that plateau sigma by standards of having a fun time would be a comparatively terrible experience. i'm sure that many people on this forum can relate when i say that i do not take psychedelics for a fun time, i take them to learn something. why else would i want to remember what happened to me on my fourth plateau experience when all i came up with in the end were vague memories of seeing myself die multiple times, traveling to different realities along the way. i can't say something like that felt good... but i definately learned something. if that is the case with sigma only difference being the experience is more intense and i can remember more, then i am prepared to take the risks of brain damage and maybe even death, as long as i was able to learn something about myself and possibly the world around me. how then, am i totally out there?

btw, thanks jhon for the educated guess on taking 2C-B and dxm... the idea really didn't appeal to me anyways.

any more ideas guys?

I don't know what to say.. I've used DXM in doses up to 1200mgs, and I have been able to remember alot. ..Not everything, or anything near it, but I've written alot about it.

There's not much you can do. I used to take a lot of DXM, 3 yeard ago[mod's note: edited for content. please read the guidelines thoroughly]. I mostly aimed for the 3rd plateau because that dose had a strong mindfuck but I could still remember it.

4P is just crazy crazy stuff. Just stick to a lower dose, 4P is just too much.

Last edited by a moderator:
there would be no point in me taking a 3rd plateau dose again because i feel that i have learned all i can from that dose. i want to experience something new and amazing by hitting a new level of psychedelia by taking an increased dose of dxm. i'm not asking how much i should take, i want to know how to be able to remember an experience that surpasses that of a 3rd plateau dosage.

i have a question: are any of you ketamine users? Because i would like to know the differences and similarities of the k experience and the dxm experience. (since ive only taken k .) Im planning to take dxm soon, and im researching first before i take a good one. :)

perhaps some amphetamines will help, but i dont know how that would go on dxm and i dont wanna find out. i'm done experimenting with that, but when your tolerance builds you can remember the trip more easily, but there isnt as much magic too it. then again i say theres always magic in dxm, if you take enough.

DXM+ unresearched 2c-B is a bad idea as well.

Also, I would reccomend taking 500-750mg DMAE for a week prior to a high fourth plateau DXM expierence for memory recall. Look into some of the nootropics as well.

-Nitin

I can't remember jack shit from my 4th plateaus either, taking a trip of some sort may help, start out small tho, cuz I suspect they'll synergize big time. I've only booted K a few times but the one time I really got into a deep hole I couldn't remember that either. But I remember all my PCP "P-Holes" er whatever u call them, but I'm also more familiar with dust so perhaps it's just a matter of getting used to it but somehow I doubt that's the case.