• Psychedelic Drugs Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

The Big & Dandy Ketamine Thread (Third Injection)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Voices? That's OK.

Malevolent voices? That's a concern (but maybe an opportunity).

Auditory hallucinations are common on dissociatives. Usually the hallucinations sound like helicopters or chainsaws to me, especially if I have a fan or air conditioner on. I recently heard voices on methoxetamine. Like you, I was in bed, but I was purposely trying to enter a trance. The voice hallucinations I heard were random indiscernible snippets, like the kind commonly heard while drifting off to sleep. But then I clearly heard "Turn the eye within the eye." This was followed by a vision of an eye inset within a cross-section of a larger eye turning 180 degrees to look into the larger eye's retina. My right eye popped open without me even thinking about it and the right side of that eye's visual "window" formed into a projection screen for visions unlike any I've seen in 13 years of using psychedelics. In order to see the visions I had to focus my attention to the right of my central focal point. The "eye within the eye" was a metaphor for attention (the "eye of the mind"). Listening to the voice led me to a profound inner experience.

My point is that if you can hear voices you may be able to learn from them, too. Obviously you need to be critical of anything voices tell you, especially malevolent voices. If you do ketamine again and the voices come back you might try asking them what they are trying to accomplish or trying to defend yourself out loud to see if they react. Hearing voices is unfortunately still the folk-cultural litmus test for insanity, but if you do some research you'll find many normal functional people experience them. Some even credit their voices with great successes in their life.

See Hearing Voices Movement

Thank you for the response! I think it is very helpful.

Part of me is concerned with the way I reacted. I normally am good at letting myself go on the classical psychs, ketamine threw me for a loop and that's part of what drove the anxiety up. Frustrated- "Why am I refusing to let go?" I then became convinced that I was having a psychotic break, that I'd finally done myself in. Of course it was foolish paranoia, but it scared me because I never get those kinds of thoughts when I'm strung out on the classical psychs. I then became convinced that if I did let myself go I'd become violent.

The voices were certainly malevolent. I get voices a lot on tryptamines, especially the naturally occurring ones. But usually they are more like yours, cryptic and trying to tell me something, rather than being malevolent or violent. I don't like the violence and being out of control of my body while having violent thoughts in my head was just not an appealing situation. So I fought it, and drove the anxiety up even further.

You might want to use a trip sitter for ketamine, at least until you get more used to how ketamine effects you. I find that it is much easier to let go on the classical psychedelics as well. With ketamine I don't feel like I have as much control over the experience (or any control at all sometimes) and letting go does not result in the bliss and revelation that I often have experienced with classical psychedelics.

I still find ketamine to be an interesting and entertaining chemical though. As for auditory hallucinations, I have experienced what is called the "carrier wave". This sounds like a helicopter or chain saw (my first time, I thought there was a helicopter outside) and usually only lasts for the come-up. In the k-hole, I have experienced odd sounds as well as divine sounding music but never any voices. My ketamine experiences usually feel fairly dead and lifeless, at least compared to classical psychedelics which feel like a celebration of life to me. Ketamine is very interesting, I just don't know what to make of it and don't feel like I have really learned anything from it unlike classical psychedelics. It's an extremely confusing experience.

I am going to be geting racemetric-ketamine this weekend. It will be my first time with ket. Would a 0.1 scale be ok to measure out doses? I know some .1 scales arent that acurate and if it says .1 it could be anywere from 0.05-0.15 which I know can be a differnce between a moderate dose and a hole. I am geting 0.5 and I plan on splitting it into 5 aproxitmly equal piles and then puting each on the scale to test acuracy.

I am also wondering about interactions with perscription meds I am on. I am on multiple depressents for my chronic pain including; hydrocodone, tramadol, gabbapentin, tizanidine, and am also on clonazepam which I only take before bed for sleep. I can afford to to reduce my gabbapentin dose and not take my tizanidine but am not sure about the others. How much should I worry about respitorty depression?

I have a buddy who says he likes to mix cocaine with his ketamine.

He says it's like "being really dissociated, but you're reallly really into it!"

made me laugh my ass off.

Anybody else ever combined K with cocaine ??? I dont' think it sounds like too awesome of a time but to each their own.

I used to like mixing ket with mephedrone, it was a good mix, although not good for a harm reduction forum. I love mixing ket with everything, mephedrone is a bit more cokey compared to MDMA. Real good mix, even with low doses of each.

Cooking up some k this weekend yum yum.

Coke + K = is what we call baking a cake lol, done it a couple times but i rarely do coke. It was fun, but different, speedy ketamine i guess cant really describe it.

In k-holes i can still hear noises that are going on around me. But its like i can hear music ever so slighty, like im making it up in my head. kinda weird.

I also find K very addicting, if i have a lot of it ill do it all. I bump and bump all day, even when im driving and everywhere i go. Not to the point where im k-holing but im definitely high. Having a tolerance sucks... So be careful if your going to be venturing into K-land.

And another thing have anyone gone shopping while on K? I find it makes so much more enjoyable, especially if you find the item you were looking for.

I am going to be geting racemetric-ketamine this weekend. It will be my first time with ket. Would a 0.1 scale be ok to measure out doses? I know some .1 scales arent that acurate and if it says .1 it could be anywere from 0.05-0.15 which I know can be a differnce between a moderate dose and a hole. I am geting 0.5 and I plan on splitting it into 5 aproxitmly equal piles and then puting each on the scale to test acuracy.

I am also wondering about interactions with perscription meds I am on. I am on multiple depressents for my chronic pain including; hydrocodone, tramadol, gabbapentin, tizanidine, and am also on clonazepam which I only take before bed for sleep. I can afford to to reduce my gabbapentin dose and not take my tizanidine but am not sure about the others. How much should I worry about respitorty depression?

The opioids are a concern. I am fairly certain you would be safe taking low doses but if you intend to k-hole, a sitter is essential.

I've heard tramadol interacts with A LOT of other medications....so, be careful ! Sounds like a sitter is definitely essential if you're going to indulge in the ketamines.

Thanks. I disagree with them about the permanent brain damage, but they are correct that it is very addictive. The thing is that it's also a very valuable tool in the psychedelic arsenal. It's a tricky one.

try ingesting a lot in a small time then, sensory deprivation isn't apart of the 'arsenal'

i tried ket for the first time yesterday, first 30mg the day before got a good custom to the high then 70mg the next day i dident k hole but i deff felt dissosciative. great high but i wouldent fget again unless i get a whole gram cheap

i've heard that, just as with just swallowing it, plugging (a heap of) ketamine results in slowly building effects that last long. truth? details?

& concerning nor-ketamine... is there perhaps a ketamine metabolites megathread?? i have read tidbits about nor-ketamine here and there but would like to hear more about it. why it hangs around for so long, why it feels so unpleasant, how to minimize its psychoactivity and maximize ketamine's...

I recently read that enzymes in grapefruit juice are supposed to prolong the metabolism of ketamine into norketamine. After a brief test I'd say that the duration of the ketamine high is definitely extended, but whether or not it's "more intense" is up for debate. Will try again once my tolerance goes down... but as for now, definitely recommend sippin down some grapefruit juice right before hoofin a line of k. Help fairly well with the drip as well, though grapefruit juice certainly isn't my drink of choice.

You could use lights, in addition to numerous other things if you can't let it air-dry (it doesn't necessarily have to be in the sun) but the texture of the ketamine that's left on the glass will be different. I don't believe potency will be changed at all, but I've yet to be able to side-by-side compare. I occasionally get salt-looking rocks of k that is a bit more potent than the k that my friend gives me. His is more of powdery-flakes, but I believe he microwaves his... Which is a questionable at best.

thank you, i just didn't want to sit out side looking suspect haha. how long do you think it takes to air dry? im patient just would like a time frame

im interested as to if the people here found Ketamine to take some getting used to - the first couple times I did it, it was just strange to me, not unpleasant, but I wasnt sure I liked it... done it 3 times since then and now im definitely growing to enjoy the effects, so far they've all been low doses tho, havent gone for a hole yet.

...Usually, I am the person to tell others when there is mention of horses and ketamine that its used in hospitals , been used for decades, used on children as an anaesthetic... Blah blah blah. (I must be well boring to listen to lol)

Anyway i did loads of K over the weekend, like nearly a whole gram to myself (which is a lot for me, most ive done yet)

And i just started to find the jokes funny...

before you know it, me and another person was making horse noises and saying Naaaiiiiiiiiiahhhhhhhh
Then i was saying stupid stuff like, now im at 300horse power..
Lmfao

ahahaaaa im still laughing now
http://www.probioticsmart.com/media/smiling-horse.jpg
http://delunaequinedentistry.com/images/horse smiling.jpg

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.